AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 25th 2008, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

[QUOTE=carolinemaria;6816723]Hi gang

Claire - did you decide to get the beagle puppy? Be warned - we have a beagle and I love him to bits BUT they malt and as puppies chew!!! They are however very lovable (and smelly - mines just farted as I typed this!!)

G'Day My Lovelies

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for the warning though a little late as we picked up the new member of our family this morning a little girl (with at the moment no name) though narrowed it down to Roxy, Ruby or Floss/Flossie, she is sooo cute and doing very well as she wimpers at the door to go out for a wee etc, mind that will probably change. I haven't really got any more update news Paul is doing his first full day at work today so seems a little quiet, waiting for telstra to install my landline, got foxtel coming next week, we love the new house but as everything is brand new nothing is familiar so I think it will take a while to feel like home.

We looked at a school on Tuesday (Private) what a s**thole, god knows what the fees went on is certainly wasn't the upkeep of the school, we reckon it was the numerous AppleMac desktops and laptops that they had doted around the place and we worked it out kitting the kids out with uniform would cost around $1000 each as everything has their logo so no getting a cheaper option at the shops, saying that clothes seem a lot more expensive over here and possibly not as nice so ladies be warned, and for you choccy lovers bring loads with you as chocolate over here is not the same, my mate is going chocolate shopping in the Uk at the weekend to send out to the kids, but the good thing about the chocolate is I have lost weight since arriving that and being so damn busy sorting everything out I haven't had time to eat much.

Weather cold and raining today but I am still smiling and loving it every day that I am here. Jordan had his first CF check up at Princess Margaret Childrens Hospital in Perth yesterday they were all lovely, they do things a little different but not much, I still can't believe how expensive medication is over here and if we are not entitled to a health concession card I will have to work to pay for Jordan's medication but its still worth it, I went to Centrelink this morning and the nice lady has given me numerous forms to fill out to see if I am eligible for any help she seems to think I will be because of Jordan's illness, well at least till he turns 16 next year.

Well I am gonna sign off now as I have a mound of ironing to do and loads or bloody windows to clean, thats the downfall in living in what my Mum-in-Law calls a film star's house, as she saw pictures of the house we are in on the internet.

Speak soon my lovelies.

No Worries!

Loads of Love Claire xx PR of Western Australia
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Bill_Fish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WHERE ARE THE VISA GRANTS??????????...................

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Same here......13 months and still waiting.....

Cheers
Nix
Almost same ,but over 14 months and have to keep waiting.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

[
We looked at a school on Tuesday (Private) what a s**thole, god knows what the fees went on is certainly wasn't the upkeep of the school, we reckon it was the numerous AppleMac desktops and laptops that they had doted around the place and we worked it out kitting the kids out with uniform would cost around $1000 each as everything has their logo so no getting a cheaper option at the shops, saying that clothes seem a lot more expensive over here and possibly not as nice so ladies be warned, and for you choccy lovers bring loads with you as chocolate over here is not the same, my mate is going chocolate shopping in the Uk at the weekend to send out to the kids, but the good thing about the chocolate is I have lost weight since arriving that and being so damn busy sorting everything out I haven't had time to eat much.

Loads of Love Claire xx PR of Western Australia[/QUOTE]

Hi Claire-am in similar situation except no one is bringing me chocolate!!! My furniture is still on the ship so I am camping in the rental, trying to get rid of all the mould and sort out tradesmen etc. OH is, helpfully in Japan this week- bless him he didn't want to go, but that's work for you.
My daughter's blazer alone cost 235 dollars!!! Then there are the boooks that she will only use for 1 term....and all the tuition fees etc..... At least her school is not falling down, and they have loaned me tables, chairs and crockery/cutlery, and some of the staff have sent duvets and deflating blow up beds!!
Caroline-I miss chocolate and sausages.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Hi There

Not been on much lately recently - just wanted to let you know I'm still checking for news every day - more karma Nix !!

My Mum is very wobbly about the whole thing and it's really holding me back from putting anything in place - the GUILT is killing me !!

Fingers crossed for all of you still waiting.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

G'day Claire,
Beats Lincolnshire doesnt it

Jo x
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie doos is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by lolylew
hi debbi,

is that 30kg for unvalidated visas with one way tickets which has changed from the 40kg

or

does the 30kg replace the normal allowance of 20kg for everyone?

lisa
Hi lisa, I just told the woman we were emigrating, hoping to be flying in October, could she tell me the baggage allowance! so I could be wrong but I think it is only for migrants.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Hsherriff will become famous soon enoughHsherriff will become famous soon enough

Hi not been on for a while..
I have been reading back some of the posts but got a lot to read lol..
Good luck to all those who have just left for Oz or are just about to leave.
Im sure after all the time waiting to get there it will be such a relief to finally arrive.
To those already there I know it must be tough when you miss home and your family and friends but you know in the end its the right decision and eventually it will get easier.
Those still waiting I know it seems like you have been forgotten but just hold on it will come.

We are still waiting to hear out Co requested more info which we finally gave her although we not sure that its enough, We have asked if its sufficient but still no reply. They wanted info re my OH previous job duties at the company her worked at previous to the company he is with just now. It was over 4 years ago and trying to get that info has been hard. They would only give a letter stating his job title and the time her worked there. OH did ask them to list all his duties but they say they cant do that as it was to long ago.. Seems the staff have all changed where he used to work. We think its just a cop out but anyway we gave the co all the info we could .
I just wish they would let us know if its enough.

I guess we just go to wait. Our police checks run out again in april so I hope they let us know soon.
We know if we get the visas we have to be gone before the police checks run out in April.
My kids are now all getting fed up and are feeling they do not want to go now esp my 15 year old.
It is starting to take its toll and the longer we wait the harder its going to be for the kids.
I feel bad for those who do not even have a CO yet I knwo its real tough but I just keep trying to remain positive..

Maybe this coming week will be the good news for everyone week
Good luck to all.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

PAGE 3....... i dont think so!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Debbie doos
Hi Mottie great to hear that you are settling not too badly!! Sorry to hear about your daughter! What a shame!! that must have been really hard for you! Im sure she will be fine though and it will be lovely having her with you for Xmas!!

Does your hubby work in or near Mandurah or does he have to comute to work? the reason I ask is because we had been looking at Mandurah but there were no jobs there or even near there! so we are now looking further north at a wee place called Bertram! We should be arriving in Perth end of Oct and still havnt decided on a definate location!!:curse:

Any help or advice would be greatly apreciated,

take care, speak soon, love Debbie.xx
Hi Debbie

Well we'vefinally got internet at home, I feel like we are back in touch with the outside world. We were taking a trip to the library every day to use the internet there....only trouble was the maximum time you could have was an hour!

OH is working in Mandurah, he had no problem getting the job, although he has only been employed on a casual basis until he gets his trade papers over here. He should be going on a course within the next few weeks and then he should be on better money. I have had no luck with a job, in the UK I worked for the local council, so I've been applying for Council jobs and just general administration, one of the jobs I applied for there were 110 applicants!!! You have to send a CV for every job you apply for, our son applied to be a waiter and they asked him for a CV.....how mad is that!!!! But he got the job and hes earning more money than OH!!!!

What job does you hubby do, my OH is always being told that there are jobs going at other companies (hes a plumber). So if he hadnt got the job he is doing I think he would have got one at another company no problem at all.

Hope that your hubby gets sorted soon and good luck for the end of Oct!!

Julie
x
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

[QUOTE=claire hopkins;6817762]
Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Hi gang

Claire - did you decide to get the beagle puppy? Be warned - we have a beagle and I love him to bits BUT they malt and as puppies chew!!! They are however very lovable (and smelly - mines just farted as I typed this!!)

G'Day My Lovelies

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for the warning though a little late as we picked up the new member of our family this morning a little girl (with at the moment no name) though narrowed it down to Roxy, Ruby or Floss/Flossie, she is sooo cute and doing very well as she wimpers at the door to go out for a wee etc, mind that will probably change. I haven't really got any more update news Paul is doing his first full day at work today so seems a little quiet, waiting for telstra to install my landline, got foxtel coming next week, we love the new house but as everything is brand new nothing is familiar so I think it will take a while to feel like home.

Weather cold and raining today but I am still smiling and loving it every day that I am here. Jordan had his first CF check up at Princess Margaret Childrens Hospital in Perth yesterday they were all lovely, they do things a little different but not much, I still can't believe how expensive medication is over here and if we are not entitled to a health concession card I will have to work to pay for Jordan's medication but its still worth it, I went to Centrelink this morning and the nice lady has given me numerous forms to fill out to see if I am eligible for any help she seems to think I will be because of Jordan's illness, well at least till he turns 16 next year.

Well I am gonna sign off now as I have a mound of ironing to do and loads or bloody windows to clean, thats the downfall in living in what my Mum-in-Law calls a film star's house, as she saw pictures of the house we are in on the internet.

Speak soon my lovelies.

No Worries!

Hi Claire

Whereabouts are you in Perth? I have to say that I too have lost weight since being here, I just hope that it stays off!!! lol!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

[QUOTE=claire hopkins;6817762]
Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Hi gang

G'Day My Lovelies

Hi Caroline,

Speak soon my lovelies.

No Worries!

Hi! Princess Margaret Hosp. is 1st class, if they can help you in any way, they will, Mcdonalds (burgers) have a lot to do with children, with health problems, and are also 'great' with donations etc; Aussies loves their kids, and all rally round to help. (My grandson was diagnosed with leukaemia, 2yrs ago, the 1st year, was full of infections, and no treatment, we didn't think he would see his 7th birthday, now he is 9, with very curly hair!) His school, even the community in Bunbury, has sponsored his cause. Can't wait to join them. Best wishes to you all, and the new addition Lin
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:49 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mottie
Hi Debbie

Well we'vefinally got internet at home, I feel like we are back in touch with the outside world. We were taking a trip to the library every day to use the internet there....only trouble was the maximum time you could have was an hour!

OH is working in Mandurah, he had no problem getting the job, although he has only been employed on a casual basis until he gets his trade papers over here. He should be going on a course within the next few weeks and then he should be on better money. I have had no luck with a job, in the UK I worked for the local council, so I've been applying for Council jobs and just general administration, one of the jobs I applied for there were 110 applicants!!! You have to send a CV for every job you apply for, our son applied to be a waiter and they asked him for a CV.....how mad is that!!!! But he got the job and hes earning more money than OH!!!!

What job does you hubby do, my OH is always being told that there are jobs going at other companies (hes a plumber). So if he hadnt got the job he is doing I think he would have got one at another company no problem at all.

Hope that your hubby gets sorted soon and good luck for the end of Oct!!

Julie
x

110 applicants I was hoping to get some admin work when i get over there - think i'd better get my CV up to date! Have you tried temping agencies?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mary1967
110 applicants I was hoping to get some admin work when i get over there - think i'd better get my CV up to date! Have you tried temping agencies?
No havent tried yet! But if it carries on this way I will
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone

Enjoying reading all your updates since you've arrived in Oz. Less than 3 weeks for us now Looking forward to some decent weather!

Had my girls night out at the weekend at an Australian themed restaurant. The menus were specially printed out for the occasion with "Erica's Bonza Last Sheilas Night Out" - a nice keepsake. Had a great laugh and managed to keep composed throughout although a tear came when they brought out a huge pavalova with sparklers spelling the word Bye and singing she's a jolly good fellow. Looking forward to a family disco night this Saturday at our local hotel. Wish me luck with 60 kids coming

The only downside with the whole thing is finding it hard to get a decent tenant for our house:curse: Think we are just to attached to it and I think our solicitor who is going to be dealing with it will just have to choose someone when we are away. What you don't know............

Speak soon
Erica
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:30 am
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

Good luck Erica and enjoy the moment
Safe journey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.