AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:31 pm
  #9376  
BE Enthusiast
 
claire hopkins's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: BALDIVIS, PERTH WA & LOVIN IT!!
Posts: 348
claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

G'Day my Lovelies,

Thought I would do another update, well still loving it here even thought the weather has been up and down, even when its pissing down I don't get Blue and I haven't had a single moment where I have been homesick, maybe its too early as we have only been here 2 weeks.

Paul started work on Tuesday he is only doing half days this week he's off Monday and Tuesday next week and then on to full days, thats when I will notice a difference, we have all had stinking colds and coughs probably courtesy of the flight but on the mend now.

After 2 weeks into a 4 week holiday rental we can take no more of it hated the house from the moment we moved in so we signed yesterday for a beautiful brand new 4 bed 2 bath house on Settlers Hills Baldivis its initially for 6 months so if we don't like it there we can move on but I think we will its lovely and quiet and thats what we were used to in Lincolnshire, where we are now is ssooo noisy we cant take it.

Well ladies I never thought I would say this but I am soooo fed up with shopping, I think it would be ok if it was for bits and pieces but we have had to start from scratch all I bought over from the UK was my Cole & Mason salt and pepper grinders (empty of course), got a car yesterday so thats me sorted and the aussies won't look at me like a tourist with my hire car as I am after all a PR of Aus We are pretty much sorted with the house stuff now only a few final bits to get and we will be having our first night at the new place on Saturday as that when our bed is delivered and I cannot wait to cook a roast and use a lovely clean oven as I have been just using the hob where we are and I have run out of Ideas now. We have sorted all the major things out, medicare, driving licenses, Tax numbers arranged for Foxtel to be installed at the new place so getting there. I will make arrangements to see some schools next week, we are considering the one on Settlers Hills which is private much to the kids disgust We have also looked at a couple of puppies today, the one we saw tonight was a real beaut a 7 weeks old Beagle, I have to check with the agent we are allowed a dog at the rental but I have to check as beagles get a little bigger than a small dog, Anya so wants a puppy I think it will give them something to do until they make friend and start school.

I am going to sign off now my lot have deserted me and gone to bed.

Speak soon!

No Worries!
Loads of Love Claire xx
claire hopkins is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2008, 6:29 pm
  #9377  
BE Enthusiast
 
minibelle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Hervey Bay
Posts: 645
minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by claire hopkins View Post
G'Day my Lovelies,

Thought I would do another update, well still loving it here even thought the weather has been up and down, even when its pissing down I don't get Blue and I haven't had a single moment where I have been homesick, maybe its too early as we have only been here 2 weeks.

Paul started work on Tuesday he is only doing half days this week he's off Monday and Tuesday next week and then on to full days, thats when I will notice a difference, we have all had stinking colds and coughs probably courtesy of the flight but on the mend now.

After 2 weeks into a 4 week holiday rental we can take no more of it hated the house from the moment we moved in so we signed yesterday for a beautiful brand new 4 bed 2 bath house on Settlers Hills Baldivis its initially for 6 months so if we don't like it there we can move on but I think we will its lovely and quiet and thats what we were used to in Lincolnshire, where we are now is ssooo noisy we cant take it.

Well ladies I never thought I would say this but I am soooo fed up with shopping, I think it would be ok if it was for bits and pieces but we have had to start from scratch all I bought over from the UK was my Cole & Mason salt and pepper grinders (empty of course), got a car yesterday so thats me sorted and the aussies won't look at me like a tourist with my hire car as I am after all a PR of Aus We are pretty much sorted with the house stuff now only a few final bits to get and we will be having our first night at the new place on Saturday as that when our bed is delivered and I cannot wait to cook a roast and use a lovely clean oven as I have been just using the hob where we are and I have run out of Ideas now. We have sorted all the major things out, medicare, driving licenses, Tax numbers arranged for Foxtel to be installed at the new place so getting there. I will make arrangements to see some schools next week, we are considering the one on Settlers Hills which is private much to the kids disgust We have also looked at a couple of puppies today, the one we saw tonight was a real beaut a 7 weeks old Beagle, I have to check with the agent we are allowed a dog at the rental but I have to check as beagles get a little bigger than a small dog, Anya so wants a puppy I think it will give them something to do until they make friend and start school.

I am going to sign off now my lot have deserted me and gone to bed.

Speak soon!

No Worries!
Loads of Love Claire xx
Sounds like your having fun, keep it up

minibelle
minibelle is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2008, 6:50 pm
  #9378  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Berkshire -> Adelaide
Posts: 863
mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by claire hopkins View Post
G'Day my Lovelies,

Thought I would do another update, well still loving it here even thought the weather has been up and down, even when its pissing down I don't get Blue and I haven't had a single moment where I have been homesick, maybe its too early as we have only been here 2 weeks.

Paul started work on Tuesday he is only doing half days this week he's off Monday and Tuesday next week and then on to full days, thats when I will notice a difference, we have all had stinking colds and coughs probably courtesy of the flight but on the mend now.

After 2 weeks into a 4 week holiday rental we can take no more of it hated the house from the moment we moved in so we signed yesterday for a beautiful brand new 4 bed 2 bath house on Settlers Hills Baldivis its initially for 6 months so if we don't like it there we can move on but I think we will its lovely and quiet and thats what we were used to in Lincolnshire, where we are now is ssooo noisy we cant take it.

Well ladies I never thought I would say this but I am soooo fed up with shopping, I think it would be ok if it was for bits and pieces but we have had to start from scratch all I bought over from the UK was my Cole & Mason salt and pepper grinders (empty of course), got a car yesterday so thats me sorted and the aussies won't look at me like a tourist with my hire car as I am after all a PR of Aus We are pretty much sorted with the house stuff now only a few final bits to get and we will be having our first night at the new place on Saturday as that when our bed is delivered and I cannot wait to cook a roast and use a lovely clean oven as I have been just using the hob where we are and I have run out of Ideas now. We have sorted all the major things out, medicare, driving licenses, Tax numbers arranged for Foxtel to be installed at the new place so getting there. I will make arrangements to see some schools next week, we are considering the one on Settlers Hills which is private much to the kids disgust We have also looked at a couple of puppies today, the one we saw tonight was a real beaut a 7 weeks old Beagle, I have to check with the agent we are allowed a dog at the rental but I have to check as beagles get a little bigger than a small dog, Anya so wants a puppy I think it will give them something to do until they make friend and start school.

I am going to sign off now my lot have deserted me and gone to bed.

Speak soon!

No Worries!
Loads of Love Claire xx
great update Claire - good to hear that things are falling into place
can you put a sum onto all your shopping? just wondering how much it was - and a rough idea what things?!?

good luck with the schools and the new house
mOZzy is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:40 am
  #9379  
BE Enthusiast
 
shabee's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Back in bonnie Scotland
Posts: 914
shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Hi all,
Well we arrived this morning at Brisbane airport, all off us shattered. It was pouring with rain by the way .
Took the shuttle service down to the Gold Coast. That took 2/12 hours.
Found our apartment in an area called Kirra. We have not really looked about much as I am the only one still awake lol.
Sad thing is that my oldest son has just cried himself to sleep. He is so unhappy about this move. I am crying as I write this for him. BUT! we are all really exausted and things may look better after a sleep. Will come back on later, thanks for listening.
shabee
x
shabee is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:46 am
  #9380  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Cleveland, Brisbane
Posts: 143
Colly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by shabee View Post
Hi all,
Well we arrived this morning at Brisbane airport, all off us shattered. It was pouring with rain by the way .
Took the shuttle service down to the Gold Coast. That took 2/12 hours.
Found our apartment in an area called Kirra. We have not really looked about much as I am the only one still awake lol.
Sad thing is that my oldest son has just cried himself to sleep. He is so unhappy about this move. I am crying as I write this for him. BUT! we are all really exausted and things may look better after a sleep. Will come back on later, thanks for listening.
shabee
x
Well done on getting there , keep us posted.

Gillian
Colly-Gill is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:47 am
  #9381  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Cleveland, Brisbane
Posts: 143
Colly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Hi guys

Well I'm on here early this morning because I can't sleep, we're expecting a phone call today from our 'buyers' from weeks ago who should finally be signing missives, we have continued to give them the benefit of the doubt but weeks in we fear the worst, they have come up with excuse after excuse about not getting round to signing missives!!! so this house sale may well fall on it's arse and if that happens we won't be going until after the new year instead of in 5 weeks when hoped to be going. Fingers crossed we hear something positive, we cannot continue to wait for them to decide so we're ready for the next excuse they come up with and we will be telling them they will have to sign by Monday 4pm or get stuffed!!!! Will let you know how we get on today.

Gillian

Last edited by Colly-Gill; Sep 19th 2008 at 3:55 am.
Colly-Gill is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2008, 6:48 am
  #9382  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Berkshire -> Adelaide
Posts: 863
mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by shabee View Post
Hi all,
Well we arrived this morning at Brisbane airport, all off us shattered. It was pouring with rain by the way .
Took the shuttle service down to the Gold Coast. That took 2/12 hours.
Found our apartment in an area called Kirra. We have not really looked about much as I am the only one still awake lol.
Sad thing is that my oldest son has just cried himself to sleep. He is so unhappy about this move. I am crying as I write this for him. BUT! we are all really exausted and things may look better after a sleep. Will come back on later, thanks for listening.
shabee
x
awww i am sure you are just exhausted and worried and excited and everything is new ... get up after some needed sleep, have a nice walk around, take him to the beach - show him all the good things first!
he soon will change his mind - what i've read so far all kids have

Originally Posted by Colly-Gill View Post
Hi guys

Well I'm on here early this morning because I can't sleep, we're expecting a phone call today from our 'buyers' from weeks ago who should finally be signing missives, we have continued to give them the benefit of the doubt but weeks in we fear the worst, they have come up with excuse after excuse about not getting round to signing missives!!! so this house sale may well fall on it's arse and if that happens we won't be going until after the new year instead of in 5 weeks when hoped to be going. Fingers crossed we hear something positive, we cannot continue to wait for them to decide so we're ready for the next excuse they come up with and we will be telling them they will have to sign by Monday 4pm or get stuffed!!!! Will let you know how we get on today.

Gillian
ouch what a saga!!!! sorry to hear they are mucking you about - i can understand why you want to give them a deadline! i'd do the same!!
stay strong
mOZzy is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:05 am
  #9383  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,517
mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by shabee View Post
Hi all,
Well we arrived this morning at Brisbane airport, all off us shattered. It was pouring with rain by the way .
Took the shuttle service down to the Gold Coast. That took 2/12 hours.
Found our apartment in an area called Kirra. We have not really looked about much as I am the only one still awake lol.
Sad thing is that my oldest son has just cried himself to sleep. He is so unhappy about this move. I am crying as I write this for him. BUT! we are all really exausted and things may look better after a sleep. Will come back on later, thanks for listening.
shabee
x

You're all bound to feel emotional and i'm sure everything will settle down after you've had a good sleep.

A friend of mine emigrated 4 years ago, her son was exactly the same, cried himself to sleep because he wanted to go home and he was 14!!! Now, 4 years later, he wouldn't go back if you paid him, he's just started Uni, he's got his own car and is living life to the full...................It will get better and remember, kids adjust much quicker than us. Good luck!!!
mary1967 is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:46 am
  #9384  
BE Enthusiast
 
hairart's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Leighton Buzzard... still
Posts: 791
hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by shabee View Post
Hi all,
Well we arrived this morning at Brisbane airport, all off us shattered. It was pouring with rain by the way .
Took the shuttle service down to the Gold Coast. That took 2/12 hours.
Found our apartment in an area called Kirra. We have not really looked about much as I am the only one still awake lol.
Sad thing is that my oldest son has just cried himself to sleep. He is so unhappy about this move. I am crying as I write this for him. BUT! we are all really exausted and things may look better after a sleep. Will come back on later, thanks for listening.
shabee
x
ahh bless have a big (((hug))), you proberbly need it.

i'm sure hings will look much brighter after a good sleep.
keep us posted, and don't forget there is always someone here to lend an ear if you need a chat. x
hairart is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:49 am
  #9385  
BE Enthusiast
 
minibelle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Hervey Bay
Posts: 645
minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by shabee View Post
Hi all,
Well we arrived this morning at Brisbane airport, all off us shattered. It was pouring with rain by the way .
Took the shuttle service down to the Gold Coast. That took 2/12 hours.
Found our apartment in an area called Kirra. We have not really looked about much as I am the only one still awake lol.
Sad thing is that my oldest son has just cried himself to sleep. He is so unhappy about this move. I am crying as I write this for him. BUT! we are all really exausted and things may look better after a sleep. Will come back on later, thanks for listening.
shabee
x
He will be full of smiles when the sun comes out and oz works its magic, we arrive in the Gold coast on monday, hope the rains gone by then.

minibelle
minibelle is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:52 am
  #9386  
BE Enthusiast
 
minibelle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Hervey Bay
Posts: 645
minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Colly-Gill View Post
Hi guys

Well I'm on here early this morning because I can't sleep, we're expecting a phone call today from our 'buyers' from weeks ago who should finally be signing missives, we have continued to give them the benefit of the doubt but weeks in we fear the worst, they have come up with excuse after excuse about not getting round to signing missives!!! so this house sale may well fall on it's arse and if that happens we won't be going until after the new year instead of in 5 weeks when hoped to be going. Fingers crossed we hear something positive, we cannot continue to wait for them to decide so we're ready for the next excuse they come up with and we will be telling them they will have to sign by Monday 4pm or get stuffed!!!! Will let you know how we get on today.

Gillian
Hope it goes your way Keep us upto date

minibelle
minibelle is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2008, 9:04 pm
  #9387  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Cleveland, Brisbane
Posts: 143
Colly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really nice
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Hi Guys

Well we're no further forward with this house sale, our lawyer couldn't get hold of their lawyer so left a voice message and we have also sent a letter to them which I hope they will respond to by early next week...we will then give them a date to conclude missives, not much else we can do.

Today has been such an emotional day I have cried my eyes out now I'm left feeling so let down and disappointed.

I am not going to give this house sale another thought until Monday, my friend has organised a wee night tomorrow so will go and enjoy my weekend and I hope you all are going to have a great weekend also wherever you are in the world!

Gillian
Colly-Gill is offline  
Old Sep 20th 2008, 7:42 am
  #9388  
BE Forum Addict
 
tiger222's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,594
tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Colly-Gill View Post
Hi Guys

Well we're no further forward with this house sale, our lawyer couldn't get hold of their lawyer so left a voice message and we have also sent a letter to them which I hope they will respond to by early next week...we will then give them a date to conclude missives, not much else we can do.

Today has been such an emotional day I have cried my eyes out now I'm left feeling so let down and disappointed.

I am not going to give this house sale another thought until Monday, my friend has organised a wee night tomorrow so will go and enjoy my weekend and I hope you all are going to have a great weekend also wherever you are in the world!

Gillian
Gillian -

HUGS!!!

I'm sorry things aren't working out. I'm surprised that the LAWYER isn't responding. It could be that the lawyer is trying to get the client into position to complete the sale and they needed the time.

Don't give the house sale another thought for the weekend! Good for you! Go have a Great Time.

Things will be as they'll be.
tiger222 is offline  
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:22 am
  #9389  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 71
WaitingKills will become famous soon enough
Unhappy WHERE ARE THE VISA GRANTS??????????...................




What has happened to the flow of Visas to this forum? What has happened to the CO requesting for more info? What has happened to the new CO allocations?

Its now thirteen months and still counting. That is the time we are waiting. What a pity....... Cannot move forward. Cannot commit onto something solid. This period of thirteen months have wasted our precious time.

Its not just me. Its about all of us who are waiting in the darkness. When will we be getting some news about our VISAs?????

I think it will be nice if we can a new list of those who are WAITING >>>>>



WaitingKills is offline  
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:23 am
  #9390  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Springfield Lakes, Queensland
Posts: 145
Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Gillian - really hope your house sells soon - stick with it sure will be ok in the end - will send you karma - you're definitely worth selling before you come out here - we have a house we are renting in the UK and wish that we sold before we came out here. We want to buy here and are going to have a look at land package deals Monday as they are very good. We may be able to buy here and keep our house in England - just gotta sort finances out! Wishing you good luck - have a nice evening out with your friends and try not to think about it - sure that's hard though.

Shabee
- hope your settling in on the Gold Coast - sure your little boy with settle soon - must be hard for you it makes you feel guilty - but you are giving a better quality of life for them in long run- the beaches at GC are amazing and there is plenty to do. We are moving south side of Brisbane so if you want to meet when you have settled give us a shout - I have 2 boys aged 4 and 1. My 4 year old was a little upset as some boys at the local park called him fat - not sure if it was to do with English accent or not - we've had no other negatives apart from that -but kids are kids everywhere and suppose you'll always get that.

We get the keys to our perm rental Monday - it's a 4 bed brand new house (well one level) just been completed by the builders!! Looking forward to getting more space getting cramped here and no room to cook - not a proper cooker either so eating convenience stuff - have put a few pounds on which I need to shift!!! The couple we rent off are lovely and have been really helpful which has helped us settle. We won't move into our new place until we have had a trip to Ikea - need lots of stuff and will need to get it delivered - no news on our shipped stuff sent e-mails and no reply so need to phone them next week!

Eldest starts kindy in January and thinking about putting little'un in a day a week too. Weather here been great today and off for a picnic tomorrow with a friend who I want to school with - we caught up here last week - hadn't seen each other for 12 years!!

Has anybody heard from Mottie (Julie) - wonder how she is getting on?

Better go and get ready as we're out for dinner tonight.

Best wishes to everyone.
Lindsayxx
Lindsayc is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.