AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by the4ofus
G'day all!!!

This is the forst time i've been on since landing in australia. we've been here about 10 days now, have bought a car but are still looking for a rental. we are off to view a few more places this afternoon - hopefully one of them will come up trumps. Well, this place is beautiful - we are staying in alexandra headlands, apartment isn't wonderful but its clean and realitively cheap. we are hoping to get a house in the mountain creek school zone. we were at the high school this morning for a tour and the primary is just a matter of going in and enroling.

its hard to think of prices etc when you are living in an apartment and not settled in your own house. we are eating out - lunch or dinner most days.

flight was ok, singapore airlines were great, lufthansa were just ok. i left my mp3 on board - had just bought the bloody thing too

anyway, i have a million emails so must go check them. will be on again soon.

Lynn xx
Glad to hear its going well, dont forget to change your location

minibelle
Old Sep 17th 2008, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about

Hello,
Just thought i'd do a quick update as we have been in Melbourne just over 3 weeks now. arrived on sunday morning , the following day had an interview for a job and got offered one to start the following Monday. Unfortunately this has now been delayed as i have had to wait for police checks to be done, but i can now start on Monday
My oldest son got offered an apprenticeship in plastering, he has really landed on his feet as we had been in a training shop and the lady on reception rang her brother in law to ask if he had any vacancies. The same day he was offered the job, he's working with a great bunch of lads and seems to be enjoying it so far, only he's not keen on the early morning starts he gets up at 5.15am.
He's only 16 and i was really worried about him , due to age etc and he was distraught leaving his friends behind in the uk, i am really proud of him as he is working so hard and seems to be making new friends. he has been invited to a few party's and bbq' s already!
the youngest son (7 years old ) seems to have also settled in his school and was made student of the week last week and has made some new friends too.
We have just been told we have been accepted for our rental and can move in on friday, we have been staying at my sister's house until now but really need to get our own house so we are looking forward to that, as we have found it quite difficult due to the lack of rentals in this area!
My husband is still looking for work at the moment, but we have been so busy the last few weeks i'm sure he will find something soon.
I feel we have been lucky as most things have fallen into place so far-no regrets yet anyway and definitely feel this is the right move for us
Old Sep 17th 2008, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Inglewhite
Hello,
Just thought i'd do a quick update as we have been in Melbourne just over 3 weeks now. arrived on sunday morning , the following day had an interview for a job and got offered one to start the following Monday. Unfortunately this has now been delayed as i have had to wait for police checks to be done, but i can now start on Monday
My oldest son got offered an apprenticeship in plastering, he has really landed on his feet as we had been in a training shop and the lady on reception rang her brother in law to ask if he had any vacancies. The same day he was offered the job, he's working with a great bunch of lads and seems to be enjoying it so far, only he's not keen on the early morning starts he gets up at 5.15am.
He's only 16 and i was really worried about him , due to age etc and he was distraught leaving his friends behind in the uk, i am really proud of him as he is working so hard and seems to be making new friends. he has been invited to a few party's and bbq' s already!
the youngest son (7 years old ) seems to have also settled in his school and was made student of the week last week and has made some new friends too.
We have just been told we have been accepted for our rental and can move in on friday, we have been staying at my sister's house until now but really need to get our own house so we are looking forward to that, as we have found it quite difficult due to the lack of rentals in this area!
My husband is still looking for work at the moment, but we have been so busy the last few weeks i'm sure he will find something soon.
I feel we have been lucky as most things have fallen into place so far-no regrets yet anyway and definitely feel this is the right move for us
great to hear that you are enjoying yourselves!!! that's why you did it in the first place - and that you are settling in so quickly is a bonus
keep us updated!!

well, no housesale for us just yet but we booked our validation flights yesterday - we'll fly on the 19nov to adelaide and come back on the 9dec - so hopefully 3 weeks of summer for us

rather shocking how much it will cost us but we'll have to go out by 16jan and prices around xmas are almost double

well, at least we'll have an insight of what we are letting ourselves into first hand!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Originally Posted by mOZzy
great to hear that you are enjoying yourselves!!! that's why you did it in the first place - and that you are settling in so quickly is a bonus
keep us updated!!

well, no housesale for us just yet but we booked our validation flights yesterday - we'll fly on the 19nov to adelaide and come back on the 9dec - so hopefully 3 weeks of summer for us

rather shocking how much it will cost us but we'll have to go out by 16jan and prices around xmas are almost double

well, at least we'll have an insight of what we are letting ourselves into first hand!

you'll have a fantastic time, we went in nov 2 years ago, most of the time the weather was mid to high 20's, just a couple of chilly days.
say hi to Adelaide for me and tell her i'll be there soon
Old Sep 17th 2008, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hairart
you'll have a fantastic time, we went in nov 2 years ago, most of the time the weather was mid to high 20's, just a couple of chilly days.
say hi to Adelaide for me and tell her i'll be there soon
cheers - we all so need some sunshine to get our spirits up - and the holiday of course

no worries, i'll write your name in the sand so she'll know
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Inglewhite
Hello,
Great to hear things are going so well, keep us updated

Originally Posted by mOZzy
keep us updated!!

Not long now mozzy, i finish work tomorrow and we fly on sunday, cant believe it only 4 more sleeps

minibelle
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all,
Just a quick update, we are in Singapore!, Beautiful place.
We all slept for 14 hours right through when we arrived. lol.
Been on a night safari which was brill. Going to visit Raffles hotel tomorrow. Then on to Brisbane at night.
I do like Singapore but cant wait to get to OZ now.
Tell you its really hot here!
Shabee
x
Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shabee
Hi all,
Just a quick update, we are in Singapore!, Beautiful place.
We all slept for 14 hours right through when we arrived. lol.
Been on a night safari which was brill. Going to visit Raffles hotel tomorrow. Then on to Brisbane at night.
I do like Singapore but cant wait to get to OZ now.
Tell you its really hot here!
Shabee
x
Sounds great dont for get to throw your nut shells on the floor tomorrow, we are going straight to Brisbane, let me know how the weather is when you get there.

minibelle
Old Sep 17th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing the Brisbane update too!!

Living vicariously!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

WE GOT A HOUSE

its in Buderim, a 3 bed, 2 bath - doesnt have much of a garden but it will be ok for 6 months anyway until we get settled. We sign today...yeah!!!!!!!!!

Lynn x
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Hi everyone!!!

Long time no speak.....am currently relying on the library for my internet access cant get on facebook so didnt think I could get on here but was pleasantly surprised!!! How are you all doing you lovely Augustees!!!???!!!

Well we arrived in Mandurah 4 weeks ago, OH has started work I havent found anything yet, we have been staying in holiday accomodation up until now but move out on Friday to a new rental in Meadow Springs. I have to say that I have good and bad days...what with missing home and our daughter (shes 21 and stayed at home), and we'd only been here 2 weeks when she was rushed into hospital with appendicitus (hope I've spelt it right) so that wasnt so good I just wanted to catch the first plane back home. She has booked flights over to see us for Christmas though so we're really looking forward to that.

I have to say that when you wake up in the morning and its sunny, it really does make a difference! It makes you feel so much better!! Not met many people yet but I suppose that once I get out there to work that will all change. Have been busy buying essential stuff until our furniture is shipped out so thats been good, I like a good spend up!!!

It really is lovely here and the people are friendly, and you cant beat having a walk along the beach!! So far so good!!

Will let you all know the next installment the next time I'm at the library, we are hoping to get broadband installed next week so fingers crossed!!

Hope to hear from my Augustee buddys soon!!

Have a great Holiday mOZzy!!!

Love

Mottie
xxx
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the4ofus
WE GOT A HOUSE

its in Buderim, a 3 bed, 2 bath - doesnt have much of a garden but it will be ok for 6 months anyway until we get settled. We sign today...yeah!!!!!!!!!

Lynn x
You lucky thing, we hope to have a look at rentals in buderim next week, cant wait.

minibelle
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mottie
Hi everyone!!!

Long time no speak.....am currently relying on the library for my internet access cant get on facebook so didnt think I could get on here but was pleasantly surprised!!! How are you all doing you lovely Augustees!!!???!!!

Well we arrived in Mandurah 4 weeks ago, OH has started work I havent found anything yet, we have been staying in holiday accomodation up until now but move out on Friday to a new rental in Meadow Springs. I have to say that I have good and bad days...what with missing home and our daughter (shes 21 and stayed at home), and we'd only been here 2 weeks when she was rushed into hospital with appendicitus (hope I've spelt it right) so that wasnt so good I just wanted to catch the first plane back home. She has booked flights over to see us for Christmas though so we're really looking forward to that.

I have to say that when you wake up in the morning and its sunny, it really does make a difference! It makes you feel so much better!! Not met many people yet but I suppose that once I get out there to work that will all change. Have been busy buying essential stuff until our furniture is shipped out so thats been good, I like a good spend up!!!

It really is lovely here and the people are friendly, and you cant beat having a walk along the beach!! So far so good!!

Will let you all know the next installment the next time I'm at the library, we are hoping to get broadband installed next week so fingers crossed!!

Love

Mottie
xxx

Sounds like your having fun, keep us updated

minibelle x
Old Sep 18th 2008, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mottie
Hi everyone!!!

Love

Mottie
xxx
Mottieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee good for you to check in with us! i'd come and spank you otherwise
glad things seem to be improving and that OH has got a job! - woheyyy nice shopping!!! and well done for getting a rental!
keep us updated

well, we are still stuck in the uk and it looks like things won't get much better over the next few years - well, we have to validate so we'll be down your continent in november for 3 weeks
chat soon!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

its great to hear how you're all doing, keep those updates comin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.