AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Nov 19th 2008, 7:34 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Melbourne
Hi All

Just wondering how many of you used Hifx to transfer funds to Oz and what australian bank accounts did you open ?

Zamiba kindly told me how to go about doing this - and I've just registered with Hifx - but now need to open an Aus a/c. Was thinking of Westpac - but my cousin, who lives in Melbourne says their fees are high and that I should perhaps consider National Australia Bank.

Anyone any thoughts / advice they could give me on this ? Irish Gal ?????
HiFx were brilliant and you can leave your money with them until you are ready to set up in Melbourne. I rushed into transferring money and wish I had taken more time. Having said that, Westpac (who I'm with) have just reduced their fees - only €5 a month if you transfer your salary of at least €2000 into an account.

Hope this helps!
Irish Gal
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Zimba! If you have sold house and yacht- what's stopping you from making it a one way trip?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Zimba - quick question........who did you sell the yacht through? We have a 41ft monohull here and it has been on the market with a US broker for 4 months and not even a call.....
We need to sell this (and the properties) before we can leave...
Any suggestions?

Nix
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone, Just letting you all know we arrived safely, and have settled really well.........found a rental okay, kids settled in school and loving it, hubby found work no problem and were absolutely loving Brisbane!!!.......NO REGRETS WHAT SO EVER.........Seems ages since been on and I hope everyone is okay ad loving Australia as much as we are, or are all prepared and ready for your moves?......You will love it here!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

zimba is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Carolinephilip : We want our twin daughters to finish their third year in secondary by late June.

NixandMike : I sold my yacht through a local free web site maltapark.com and was lucky enough to find a return migrant from UK. I would seek maltese brokers like these http://www.boatcarelimited.com/brokerage.asp (or google yacht brokers malta). Hope that helps.

Thanks to all wishing us well, and hope all your dreams will come true like ours just started to!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Zimba - thanks for the contact. As they are located in Malta, I doubt they would be able to assist with a sale of a vessel lying in the Caribbean, but I have contacted them for a referral on a broker that may be able to assist.
THANKS !
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Zimba- don't forget that the Oz year starts in January My daughter finished yr7 in the UK in July, and had to go back into yr 7 when she started here. Better for them to start a new year at the beginning?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

paula.cristie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Zimba! I would like to know what is the date that DIAC received your application in August 2007 and where are you from (high or low risk country)? Thanks and have a great time in Australia!!

Paula Cristie
Old Nov 21st 2008, 2:43 am
Just Joined

mk1012 will become famous soon enough

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to tell you that this morning I received the elusive mail,
YES I HAVE MY VISA!!!!

Though I've not posted much on this forum but I'am a regular visitor here for last 15 months. I thank you everyone for their support during this roller-coaster ride specially my fellow august 2007 applicants.

Here's my Timeline to give an idea to others who are still wating-

136 skilled visa application submitted - 29th Aug 2007
Aknowledgement - 14th Jan 2008
Frontloaded Medicals/PCCs - 15th May 2008
CO allocation - 29th september
Additional docs submitted - 10th Oct 2008
Employment Verification - 31st Oct 2008
Visa Grant - 20th Nov 2008

Oh I almost forgot, I'm from risk country (india) and an IT professional.

Good Luck to everyone.
Take care

Monica
Old Nov 21st 2008, 4:46 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mk1012
Hello Everyone,

YES I HAVE MY VISA!!!!

Though I've not posted much on this forum but I'am a regular visitor here for last 15 months. I thank you everyone for their support during this roller-coaster ride specially my fellow august 2007 applicants.

Good Luck to everyone.
Take care

Monica

Great News Monica. I wish you all the best Down Under!
Irish Gal
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:19 am
Visa Granted 01/07/08

mr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nicemr.benn is just really nice

Hello Everyone,

YES I HAVE MY VISA!!!!

Good Luck to everyone.
Take care

Monica

Congratulations on your visa grant.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:47 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Hello Everyone,

YES I HAVE MY VISA!!!!

Good Luck to everyone.
Take care

Monica
Brilliant news Monica, congratulations

Welcome to Visatown!!!
Old Nov 21st 2008, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

vanillaoz will become famous soon enough

Hello Everyone,

YES I HAVE MY VISA!!!!

Good Luck to everyone.
Take care

Monica
Congratulations Monica ! At the same time, can you let me know which region is your CO from? And is your job on MODL? Would really appreciate your reply as l applied on the same date as you too but till now there is still no news ! Really getting despair ...
Old Nov 21st 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

Congratulations Monica - enjoy your celebrations !!!
Old Nov 21st 2008, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Hello Everyone,

YES I HAVE MY VISA!!!!

Good Luck to everyone.
Take care

Monica

congratulations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.