AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Not sure if everyone knows but on another thread it says Emirates have stopped the 40kg for migrants, seems singapore airlines are still doing it for the time being,

i will be turning up at the airport tomorrow with 2 cases so wish me luck.

minibelle
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:04 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by minibelle
Not sure if everyone knows but on another thread it says Emirates have stopped the 40kg for migrants, seems singapore airlines are still doing it for the time being,

i will be turning up at the airport tomorrow with 2 cases so wish me luck.

minibelle

Good luck!!!! We've booked with Singapore, so i'm just hoping they keep it going.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough

We booked with Singapore Mary and got the 40kg each apart from the baby who was only allowed 10! We were allowed 130 and it weighed in at 129 phew!! Not sure if you know but you're allowance is as a family and your allowed as many bags as you like but each bag should no weigh no more than 28kgs (H&S not allowed to pick up more than this)- we ended up going to the airport the morning of our flight and weighing them all - one of ur big ones was about 32kgs so we bought a holdall and transferred some of the stuff over - we had 3 large suitcases, a med suitcase, 1 holdall, 1 laptop, 2 carseats and then as hand luggage a travel suitcase, 1 holdall, vanity case, baby bag and the pushchair - everyone was looking at us when we were going through customs as we had so much!!

Can't believe emirates not doing it still! Has been a godsend as we got to take towels and kids toys.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Lindsayc
We booked with Singapore Mary and got the 40kg each apart from the baby who was only allowed 10! We were allowed 130 and it weighed in at 129 phew!! Not sure if you know but you're allowance is as a family and your allowed as many bags as you like but each bag should no weigh no more than 28kgs (H&S not allowed to pick up more than this)- we ended up going to the airport the morning of our flight and weighing them all - one of ur big ones was about 32kgs so we bought a holdall and transferred some of the stuff over - we had 3 large suitcases, a med suitcase, 1 holdall, 1 laptop, 2 carseats and then as hand luggage a travel suitcase, 1 holdall, vanity case, baby bag and the pushchair - everyone was looking at us when we were going through customs as we had so much!!

Can't believe emirates not doing it still! Has been a godsend as we got to take towels and kids toys.

That's a brilliant idea - think we'll get to the airport early and weigh everything properly as well. There's four of us, had to pay adult fares for us all:curse:, so i'm working on 160kgs Hopefully we won't have that much, but it's better to have more than not enough! Do you know if you can take on a laptop and a holdall as hand luggage?
Old Sep 20th 2008, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Hi all, just wanted to say that we fly in the morning. Friends and family have just left and i am still in tears as i write this . Special thanks to all the augusties who have supported me for over 12 months and i hope to see some of you on the other side. Can wait for the sun

minibelle
Old Sep 20th 2008, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Hi all, just wanted to say that we fly in the morning. Friends and family have just left and i am still in tears as i write this . Special thanks to all the augusties who have supported me for over 12 months and i hope to see some of you on the other side. Can wait for the sun

minibelle
Safe journey minibelle
Good luck with your new life and keep posting
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about

have a safe trip minibelle and good luk with your new life
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mary1967
That's a brilliant idea - think we'll get to the airport early and weigh everything properly as well. There's four of us, had to pay adult fares for us all:curse:, so i'm working on 160kgs Hopefully we won't have that much, but it's better to have more than not enough! Do you know if you can take on a laptop and a holdall as hand luggage?
yes u can take a laptop in a bag seperate to your normal handluggage have a safe journey x
michelle
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by shellynelly
yes u can take a laptop in a bag seperate to your normal handluggage have a safe journey x
michelle

Thanks for that!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Colly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really niceColly-Gill is just really nice

minibelle

Have a safe journey. look forward to hearing from you when you arrive in Australia!!!!!

Gillian
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

HOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enoughHOWMUCHLONGER will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Hi Lynn,
Good to hear from you. Best of luck settling in.
Irish Gal
Hello stranger how are you keeping??!! We have been in perth now for almost 2 month and fingers crossed so good so far!!

I hope everything is going well with you guys!!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:15 am
Just Joined

theni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WHERE ARE THE VISA GRANTS??????????...................

Originally Posted by WaitingKills

What has happened to the flow of Visas to this forum? What has happened to the CO requesting for more info? What has happened to the new CO allocations?

Its now thirteen months and still counting. That is the time we are waiting. What a pity....... Cannot move forward. Cannot commit onto something solid. This period of thirteen months have wasted our precious time.

Its not just me. Its about all of us who are waiting in the darkness. When will we be getting some news about our VISAs?????

I think it will be nice if we can a new list of those who are WAITING >>>>>

Hello,

I am also waiting for more than 13 months...no response and no CO yet.

I hope all applicants from high countries...is still waiting like me. please let me know if any one got their CO or Visa from those countries.

Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lindsayc

lol!!!!! can just imaging the sight - you should have said to some of them ' imagine if we were going for 3 weeks '

mottie did leave a message somewhere saying she only had internet access at the library, but hopefully she would be getting it connected this week shes not been on facebook either yet

speak soon
lisa
x

minibelle

good luck minibelle, wish you all the luck in the world
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Debbie doos is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mottie
Hi everyone!!!

Long time no speak.....am currently relying on the library for my internet access cant get on facebook so didnt think I could get on here but was pleasantly surprised!!! How are you all doing you lovely Augustees!!!???!!!

Well we arrived in Mandurah 4 weeks ago, OH has started work I havent found anything yet, we have been staying in holiday accomodation up until now but move out on Friday to a new rental in Meadow Springs. I have to say that I have good and bad days...what with missing home and our daughter (shes 21 and stayed at home), and we'd only been here 2 weeks when she was rushed into hospital with appendicitus (hope I've spelt it right) so that wasnt so good I just wanted to catch the first plane back home. She has booked flights over to see us for Christmas though so we're really looking forward to it

I have to say that when you wake up in the morning and its sunny, it really does make a difference! It makes you feel so much better!! Not met many people yet but I suppose that once I get out there to work that will all change. Have been busy buying essential stuff until our furniture is shipped out so thats been good, I like a good spend up!!!

It really is lovely here and the people are friendly, and you cant beat having a walk along the beach!! So far so good!!

Will let you all know the next installment the next time I'm at the library, we are hoping to get broadband installed next week so fingers crossed!!

Hope to hear from my Augustee buddys soon!!

Have a great Holiday mOZzy!!!

Love

Mottie
xxx
Hi Mottie great to hear that you are settling not too badly!! Sorry to hear about your daughter! What a shame!! that must have been really hard for you! Im sure she will be fine though and it will be lovely having her with you for Xmas!!

Does your hubby work in or near Mandurah or does he have to comute to work? the reason I ask is because we had been looking at Mandurah but there were no jobs there or even near there! so we are now looking further north at a wee place called Bertram! We should be arriving in Perth end of Oct and still havnt decided on a definate location!!:curse:

Any help or advice would be greatly apreciated,

take care, speak soon, love Debbie.xx
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

barbiedoll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WHERE ARE THE VISA GRANTS??????????...................

Originally Posted by theni
Hello,

I am also waiting for more than 13 months...no response and no CO yet.

I hope all applicants from high countries...is still waiting like me. please let me know if any one got their CO or Visa from those countries.

Thanks
same here.we are on the same boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.