AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Sep 10th 2008, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by claretandblue
We've got our visas!!!!!!!!

It's our wedding anniversary today as well, so we'll definately be popping the bubbly tonight!!!!

Rachel

Congratulations

minibelle
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:17 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Claretandblue, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so thrilled for you. A great way to celebrate the Wedding Anniversary

Hairart, good to see you posting but sorry to hear you're having a rough time with the house. I truly hope you get some good luck soon.

mOZzy, ever the optimist. Good to see you're coping despite all the stress. Just focus on November now. What part are you heading for?

Markandgill, my heart goes out to you. I think this forum is turning into a bit of a mixed bag now. Some don't want to come on and whinge and others don't want to share as they don't want to rub it in . I truly hope you get some good news soon. I can't wait til we're all on the same page and enjoying the dream together.

Claire Hopkins, always a pleasure to read your posts. Glad to hear you're settling in well. My OH was the same. Nice family car, etc as part of the work deal. Means we can save MY petrol on weekends, etc. Everything is so much cheaper than back in Ireland and the UK. I'm glad I bought my old furniture but I really can't wait to go shopping when we buy a house here As far as bedding goes, there seems to be sales on here ALL the time between the major department stores so I'm hoping to stock up now that they are selling off the winter bedding for next year! (Very expensive)

Tayles, good luck with the cleaning. You'll really feel like you're on the way when all your stuff is gone. My OH had applied for several jobs before we left (just to make contact) and had 5 interviews lined up the first week. I wouldn't worry too much about the job. If you don't like the area he's working in, just move to another suburb that's nicer and nearby. Most Aussies commute so won't be a problem.

Dinner-dash, I know you may be disappointed but at least the house is sold now and you can move on. Besides, house prices have dropped dramatically here over the last year (It said recently up to 44% in Melbourne) so hopefully that'll even itself out for you.

To all those still waiting for visa, house to sell, getting ready to go - best of luck. Congratulations to all those who are starting to live our dream
Lots of love
Irish Gal x
Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Lee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really niceLee and Joanne is just really nice

G'day All you lovely Augustees,
Joanne here,
just thought I would say hi to everyone. I still read your threads with interest. So pleased so many of you have finally reached your goal. I know its difficult to begin with but it soon falls into place.
Good luck with your house hunting Clare, Perth sounds great.
Congratulations to those of you who have finally received your Visa's
Love reading up dates, there great!.
As for mine, well we are settled in our rental for the time being. Have started to look for a house but have decided to wait as the mortgage rates are dropping and are predicted to drop even more by christmas. Hoping the house prices will follow, like in the UK. We shall see(fingers crossed).
Kids love it here. Going to the Royal Adelaide show tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Kids have a day off school so they can go to the Faircan you believe it.
OH is enjoying work for the first time in years.
I start in two weeks. Thought I would try something completely different.
I am going to be a Dog groomer!!!!LOL.
Weather is warming up lovely over here in Adelaide. At 8.30 this morning it was 18 degrees already. Expected to reach 23 by lunch time.
So to all of you who are coming over. I know its been a long wait but I feel your timing is perfect. Interest rates are dropping. Exchange rates have improved. Weather is warmer.
Thats it from me. A brief update.
Wishing you all the best and safe journey to those who are joining us downunder
Take care
Joanne, Lee and the boys xxxxxx
Old Sep 11th 2008, 4:21 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

G'day Joanne - what a lovely post
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
mOZzy, ever the optimist. Good to see you're coping despite all the stress. Just focus on November now. What part are you heading for?

To all those still waiting for visa, house to sell, getting ready to go - best of luck. Congratulations to all those who are starting to live our dream
Lots of love
Irish Gal x
i completly understand what you mean IG with split groups lately. as sad as we are with not being able to move just yet i still love all your updates - so for my account don't feel bad telling about your new life - i promise i will only be jelous a tiny bit

oh, and we'll be going to adelaide!!
for a validation trip in november for now and hopefully for good really really soon!!

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Joanne here,
As for mine, well we are settled in our rental for the time being. Have started to look for a house but have decided to wait as the mortgage rates are dropping and are predicted to drop even more by christmas. Hoping the house prices will follow, like in the UK. We shall see(fingers crossed).
Kids love it here. Going to the Royal Adelaide show tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Kids have a day off school so they can go to the Faircan you believe it.
Weather is warming up lovely over here in Adelaide. At 8.30 this morning it was 18 degrees already. Expected to reach 23 by lunch time.
So to all of you who are coming over. I know its been a long wait but I feel your timing is perfect. Interest rates are dropping. Exchange rates have improved. Weather is warmer.
Take care
sounds like you are settling in nicely joanne!!
can't wait to join you .. might be some time though

good to know that your oh had some jobs lined up already because mine is an electrician too - what kind is yours? mines more industrial really but he's willing to do just about anything!!
love the 'dog groomer' idea - how on earth did you stumble upon that?!?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

hairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nicehairart is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lee and Joanne
Joanne here,
just thought I would say hi to everyone. I still read your threads with interest. So pleased so many of you have finally reached your goal. I know its difficult to begin with but it soon falls into place.
Good luck with your house hunting Clare, Perth sounds great.
Congratulations to those of you who have finally received your Visa's
Take care

lovely update, i'm glad you are living your dream. i can't wait to see Adelaide again, if our house dosen't sell within the next month we will be booking a holiday for Feb, So at least thats something to look forward to.
i love the dog groomer job...
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:47 am
Just Joined

montysidhu78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Anyone here whoz from INDIA and has got the VISA?????
Old Sep 11th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Augusties,

Feels like I have not been on here for ages. We have had no internet connection as I am staying with my mum at the moment.
Been really busy organising things as we leave Scotland on Monday.. Flying with singapore airlines and having a 2 day stopover in Singapore.
Getting really excited now! Changed our money over night and got $2.18, its now at $2.20, shit! lol.
Glad to here about the visa grants that have came in and I hope those off you still trying to sell will have some luck soon.

Take care
love
Shabee
x
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:47 am
Oh, George.....

Safe journey Shabee!!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Melbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really niceMelbourne is just really nice

G'day All

On a sad note - Tiger222 - thinking of your fellow Americans who lost their life / their loved ones on 9/11 and praying that we will never see the likes of that again.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Melbourne
G'day All

On a sad note - Tiger222 - thinking of your fellow Americans who lost their life / their loved ones on 9/11 and praying that we will never see the likes of that again.
Thanks Melbourne

I asked on the April thread if the anniversary of 9/11 is marked in anyway there.

A memorial in Washington DC for those that died at the Pentagon is being dedicated today. The World Trade Center Memorial is still being constructed.

I remember that morning so clearly. My cousin was actually in one of the train stations that were hit in NY a few minutes prior to the implosion. A lot of people have "almost" stories.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by shabee
Hi Augusties,

Feels like I have not been on here for ages. We have had no internet connection as I am staying with my mum at the moment.
Been really busy organising things as we leave Scotland on Monday.. Flying with singapore airlines and having a 2 day stopover in Singapore.
Getting really excited now! Changed our money over night and got $2.18, its now at $2.20, shit! lol.
Glad to here about the visa grants that have came in and I hope those off you still trying to sell will have some luck soon.

Take care
love
Shabee
x
Hope you have a safe journey
We found Singapore airlines to be brilliant, and Changi Airport is fantastic
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Safe journey Shabee!!
Originally Posted by claretandblue
Hope you have a safe journey
We found Singapore airlines to be brilliant, and Changi Airport is fantastic

Thanks you lot for all your help, advice and support over the last months!

Hope to see some of you down under, anyone in or going to Gold coast?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough

Claret & Blue - Congrats on the visa!!!

Lee & Joanne - Good to hear of your updates and that you're loving Adelaide - weather here fab too - can't believe blue skies every morning!!! Congrats on the job too.

Irish Gal - I've heard they call quilts Doonas and bedding Manchester! We've got to buy all new! A trip to Ikea in order - me thinks!

Claire H - Glad your settling well into Perth life - congrats on the hubbies job you must be thrilled!

Shabee - we've just found a rental near to Ipswich not too far from the Gold Coast - would be good to catch up after you arrive!

Quick update - all going well here - people are friendly - weather fab - found a permanent rental and move in 20th September.

Met an old school friend and her hubbie today - they moved over not long ago too - we hadn't seen each other for 10 years - but it was great to catch up! Had a lovely time!

Met some other expats too and going out for a girly night next Thursday.

Boys are loving being outdoors too and having a great time - worn out at the end of every day!

Food so much better quality too!

Hope those waiting for visas don't have much longer to wait now seems so unfair but sure will come soon.

Lindsay xx
Old Sep 13th 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

saleh_noures is just really nicesaleh_noures is just really nicesaleh_noures is just really nicesaleh_noures is just really nicesaleh_noures is just really nicesaleh_noures is just really nicesaleh_noures is just really nicesaleh_noures is just really nice

Hi ,
it is one year and one month since i lodge my application , no case officer yet , what's a long wait ?!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.