AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AUGUST 2007 Applicants

Happy Birthday for yesterday Mozzy!! Hope that you had a fab day!!

Congrats Ryaner on the visa

Hi Irish Gal - sure that you will make friends soon - it takes time to get to know people we have lived where we are for nearly 4 years and have just made a good circle of friends so will feel lonely like you when we get over - it's one thing that's making me wary of going! Going to try and go to as many groups and things as I can when I get over....
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by carolinemaria
Hiya Tayles

You're flying 2 days before us. Are you sending your kids to school? Don't think we'll settle where our short term rental is. Like you depends on work. Not much point in sending kids to school until we have a location. I'm worried about them having 3 months off with no friends!!

Kids are 14 (15 day after we get there), 13 (not keen on going) and five.

Caroline
I'm worried about my own sanity Two lots of summer hols. Depending on how quick we find somewhere to settle we may put them to school for final 3/4 weeks of school year if we are allowed to. We will have to wait and see how things go. My oldest is 10 (tomorrow) going on 20!

Originally Posted by mary1967
We're hoping to be in Port Kennedy Middle of October, quarantine space and house sale permitting!!
If you fancy meeting up give me a shout. Are you moving permanently to that area or is it for the short term. Do you have family in Perth?

Originally Posted by Ryaner
Can't believe we're on the second page again. Well I'm bringing it back to the first page again with great news. OH called Oz this morning on his way to work and guess what? WE GOT OUR VISA> IT WAS GRANTED ON FRIDAY. BRING OUT THE BUBBLY YAHOO.
FANTASTIC NEWS CONGRATULATIONS

[QUOTE=mOZzy;6667679]we will send out cv's too once we actually have a date for a flight!!!
i've got everything crossed for lots of feedback for you

Thanks Mozzy Belated Happy Birthday to you

Happy birthday to you Claire for Sunday. Just think last one in the UK
Old Aug 12th 2008, 9:06 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tayles
I'm worried about my own sanity Two lots of summer hols. Depending on how quick we find somewhere to settle we may put them to school for final 3/4 weeks of school year if we are allowed to. We will have to wait and see how things go. My oldest is 10 (tomorrow) going on 20!

If you fancy meeting up give me a shout. Are you moving permanently to that area or is it for the short term. Do you have family in Perth?

Happy birthday to you Claire for Sunday. Just think last one in the UK

Sounds good to me Think there's quite a gang of us going to South Perth, although by the sound of it CarolineMarie is up North, hopefully she'll travel down and hang out with us all

We're hoping to settle permanently in or around Port Kennedy, just hope we can find a blasted rental that takes pets. No close family at all, one of the reasons for our big adventure

We've got friends who live in Port Kennedy, they emigrated 4 years ago and love it. We're lucky in that my friends have offered to put us up until we find our feet and sort out a rental. Getting real scared now, so many things to do and not enough time

I've got 2 girls, 16 and 12. I'm gonna get them enrolled as soon as possible, so that they've got chance to make friends over the summer holidays before they start the new year in February.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 4:39 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

happy belated birthday mozzy xx
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
happy belated birthday mozzy xx

Thanks Mozzy Belated Happy Birthday to you
Originally Posted by Lindsayc
Happy Birthday for yesterday Mozzy!! Hope that you had a fab day!!
i love my fellow augustees
thanks girls
Old Aug 13th 2008, 7:05 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mOZzy
i love my fellow augustees
thanks girls

It's a pity everyone's not going to the same place, our very own BE Paradise
Old Aug 13th 2008, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mary1967
Sounds good to me Think there's quite a gang of us going to South Perth, although by the sound of it CarolineMarie is up North, hopefully she'll travel down and hang out with us all

We're hoping to settle permanently in or around Port Kennedy, just hope we can find a blasted rental that takes pets. No close family at all, one of the reasons for our big adventure

We've got friends who live in Port Kennedy, they emigrated 4 years ago and love it. We're lucky in that my friends have offered to put us up until we find our feet and sort out a rental. Getting real scared now, so many things to do and not enough time

I've got 2 girls, 16 and 12. I'm gonna get them enrolled as soon as possible, so that they've got chance to make friends over the summer holidays before they start the new year in February.
Must be great to know where your going, everything is so up in the air at the minute for us. Still nothing like a rollercoaster adventure eh

Certainly know that scared feeling. Somedays I can feel the panic rising - not about going to Oz but whether I'll get everything sorted in time We will all be getting carted off by the men in white coats
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Must be great to know where your going, everything is so up in the air at the minute for us. Still nothing like a rollercoaster adventure eh

Certainly know that scared feeling. Somedays I can feel the panic rising - not about going to Oz but whether I'll get everything sorted in time We will all be getting carted off by the men in white coats
God Tayles I know what you're saying!! The panic is rising in our house at the minute, trying to sort everything out .......its sending me into a jibbering wreck.....I think I need a few vodkas is it too early!!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant futurecarolinemaria has a brilliant future

Hiya Augustees. Hope you are all holding up with the stresses of moving (or settling) into one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Ahhhhh what a dreadful thought!

Kjc79 Kath - thanks for the advise on quilts - think I'd better take my PJ's then?!

Claire - will also be taking my jingers!. Yes you're right about Meg being 15 going on 21. Sometimes when she speaks at me, she reminds me of Vickie Pollard!! No really she's great, happy to move and a great friend.

Mozzy - happy belated birthday - next one will be down under
Happy birhtday little Tayles.

Irish gal - like Mary said, it's a shame we weren't all going to the same location. Hang on in there hon, we are all thinking of you.

Mary - will defo be heading down south to hang out with you guys. And when you're all ready to sample the north (if I'm still there), then the barbie will be on and the wine on chill.

I've been having a throw out at home - where does all that junk come from. We have to move out by Sept 18th, so by doing a bit everyday I shouldn't have a last minute rush and then no men in white coats for me - well that's the theory anyway.

OH had a telephone interview yesterday, he has a second interview with them next week. I'm now feeling excited and less worried. Hope the feeling lasts.

Take care everyone and good luck for those still waiting. Anyone heard from dinnerdash.

Caroline x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

claire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud ofclaire hopkins has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mottie
God Tayles I know what you're saying!! The panic is rising in our house at the minute, trying to sort everything out .......its sending me into a jibbering wreck.....I think I need a few vodkas is it too early!!
Hi Mottie,

I am not a jibbering wreck yet, though getting anxious about saying goodbye, would you mind pm me your rental address so maybe we could meet up when we get over?

Paul found out yesterday that it is Fathers Day in Aus on 7th September so first Sunday we are there so he is expecting to celebrate with pressies for the 2nd time, and we have to wait til bloody May for Mothers Day. So I am starting a new tradition like the Queen has two birthdays, I will have two Mother's Days.

Paul had a telephone interview this morning it was only supposed be for 10 minutes it went on for 45 and the guy wants to see him when we get over, so I think that is a good sign and its a large company as well.

No more gossip at the moment! This time in 3 weeks would have just taken off from Singapore for the final leg of our journey!! Crikey thats scary.

Speak soon my lovelies!

Loads of Love Claire x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 12:03 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Hi Caroline and Claire,
Thanks for the support. I've since had two invites to meet up with other mums from the school so feeling a bit better.

Great news about the OH jobs! My OH was the same. He had 5 people looking for him and got the job he wanted after 4 days. I'm sure you'll both be the same.

Tayles, pretty soon all this will seem like a dream, believe me. I can't believe we're here 7 weeks this week

Best of luck to those still waiting. God, there can't be many now can there?
Irish Gal
Old Aug 13th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough

we have two weekends left now!!! My eldest in 4 on Friday so we have a party at the leisure centre - got food and goodie bags to organise but can't motivate myself!!!

Got Elec and Gas certs sorted for the house today so one more thing of the to do list! does anybody know how much Aus SIM cards cost and whether you can just put them in your UK handset? Hubbie wants to buy complete new phone but if cheaper just buying SIM will do that as my phone not very old! Cheers
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kelsey37
Good Morning everyone,

I haven't been on here for ages but thought I should post today because...........

WE GOT OUR VISA!!!!!!

Good luck to all those still waiting and to all those leaving blighty good luck with your new lives downunder

kelsey....fab news, congratulations!!!!!
good to hear from you again, i wondered where you'd gone
i know you've still got to sell your house, but when do you think/plan you'll be going

lisa

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Thanks for all the good wishes people- will be signing off for a while. See you again when I'm down under!
That sounds soooo good.
Caroline

have a good flight caroline....let us know how you get on
lisa
Old Aug 13th 2008, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

The2ofus will become famous soon enoughThe2ofus will become famous soon enough

Not many visa grants for us Augustees ?
Does anyone have any feed back from their agents or ASPC ? other than the weekly email ?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by The2ofus
Not many visa grants for us Augustees ?
Does anyone have any feed back from their agents or ASPC ? other than the weekly email ?
What weekly email, we don't even get that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.