Attaching documents_Citizenship

Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:36 am
Tarun

tarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nice
Default Re: Attaching documents_Citizenship

Completed the ceremony today. Proud to be an Austral-Indian
Old Oct 28th 2012, 11:51 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tarunrajan
Congratulations!
Old Oct 29th 2012, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tarunrajan
Congratulations
Old Oct 30th 2012, 10:35 pm
Tarun

tarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nice

Thanks guys
Old Jan 27th 2013, 12:22 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

so, has anyone successfully applied online, without the need of using certified copies of docs at all (either when attaching docs to online app or during citizenship appointment)?

the website is not clear in this regard. there are conflicting info.

and did you scan/attach your australian police clearance consent to your online app?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 1:33 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
I uploaded all mine (enough for 3 people!) and only one showed. I spoke to the Department and apparently they do get everything that is uploaded, it's just that you only get to see one of the documents on your screen (duh! ). I pointed out that they now had all my documents three times as I had tried over the weekend to reload them a couple of times. Apparently this happens a lot!

You'd think they'd change the screen, wouldn't you!

Got test on 5th June so all good!
it seems this problem has been corrected. i can see a list of all docs i uploaded.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

hawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nice

Hi,

I applied online and uploaded all my forms without issue, after scanning them twice to my PC!!! (Once as PDFs, then I read the site only wanted JPEGs).

Only issue I had was that my old email address I used for my Visa application managed to get linked to my application, rather than my new email address that I supplied, so this was used to send my test appointment email to.

Luckily I called them today and spoke to DIAC and they were really good.

They could see I'd already passed the test, as I took it a couple of years back after finding out that you could take the test early if you wanted. I also provided the test number on the application form, so that was forwarded to the case officer, along with my new email address. So, I'll find out the next steps within a couple of business days... Woohoo...

So yep, they have sorted the uploading issue out, as I could see all the files I uploaded as part of my application.

Have a great weekend, all.

Hawkwind
Old Feb 1st 2013, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

sweetyogesh420 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello friends,

I just had a question regarding citizenship. Mine and my wife's citizenship applications had been approved in mid December last year and we received the approval letters as well. But we haven't received any invitation letter for citizenship ceremony yet from the council. My question is 'Do i need to contact DIAC regarding this or just have to wait to hear something from the council or DIAC side?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 11:48 am
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by sweetyogesh420
Hello friends,

I just had a question regarding citizenship. Mine and my wife's citizenship applications had been approved in mid December last year and we received the approval letters as well. But we haven't received any invitation letter for citizenship ceremony yet from the council. My question is 'Do i need to contact DIAC regarding this or just have to wait to hear something from the council or DIAC side?

Thanks in advance.
i think on average it takes 3-6 months after approval before you get a ceremony date.
which council do you live in? maybe ask them or see their website to find out how often they do the ceremonies.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
We have done the forms and are just trying to sort out the documents to attach. I've scanned some as documents (including the 6 page police forms) and some of photos. The application says that only JPEG files can be attached. How the hell am I going to get the police form in a JPEG format?? I can convert one page at a time into a JPEG but surely I don't have to upload them that way!

How did you all do it?

Thanks - really frustrated.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 8:26 am
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by RenShen
Hi,
We have done the forms and are just trying to sort out the documents to attach. I've scanned some as documents (including the 6 page police forms) and some of photos. The application says that only JPEG files can be attached. How the hell am I going to get the police form in a JPEG format?? I can convert one page at a time into a JPEG but surely I don't have to upload them that way!

How did you all do it?

Thanks - really frustrated.
Easy. Scan and upload each page as a JPG file and label it clearly in the filename as page 1 or page 6.
e.g. "DoeJohn_Police_Consent_page_1.jpg" and so on and so forth.

For the National Police Checking Service (NPCS) Application/Consent Form you only need to complete and upload:
  • page 1 (Section 1 – Personal information), and
  • page 6 (Section 7 – Consent to Obtain Personal Information).
source: http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applyi...CrimTrac_form/

I suggest you also upload the Identity Declaration form (2 pages) as well as both sides of the endorsed photograph.

(I had my citizenship appointment email notification one week after I lodged, so I'm confident I uploaded the right ones. )

Last edited by commonwealth; Feb 24th 2013 at 8:31 am.