Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Attaching documents on 189 online application

Attaching documents on 189 online application

Old Oct 6th 2012, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Nooor_c10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Attaching documents on 189 online application

Hello everyone,
Anyone has ideas about the documents to be attached for 189 online application?

I have scanned the original documents (e.g. passport biodata pages, birth certificates, degree certificates) and uploaded them. However, the document checklist says these have to be certified copies.

I thought one only needs to certify if he is sending hard photocopy. What is the point of certifying if you are going to scan it anyway?

Anyways, now do I need to certify copies and upload them again or is the certification required only for sending hard copies?

I haven't been allocated a CO yet.

Seniors, you input will be appreciated.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 5:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attaching documents on 189 online application

If you have colour copies uploaded they don't need certifying. Only B&W copies need certifying.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 9:46 am
Just Joined

vishalkap is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the clarification. I had same query as well.
Cheers
Old Oct 6th 2012, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Nooor_c10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
If you have colour copies uploaded they don't need certifying. Only B&W copies need certifying.
Thanks moneypenny
Old Oct 7th 2012, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

Maham is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mate,

Please have a look at the following:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...l-information/

Certified documents

Every visa application requires various supporting documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, proof of identity etc.

Unless asked to do otherwise, you should provide 'certified copies' of original documents, rather than the original documents.

'Certified copies' have been authorised (or stamped) as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you live.

All departmental offices outside Australia have a person who can certify or witness documents. You may have to pay for this service.

Police certificates are the exception. You must provide original police certificates with your application.

-------------------------

so clearly, you need to upload the certified copies.

Originally Posted by Nooor_c10
Hello everyone,
Anyone has ideas about the documents to be attached for 189 online application?

I have scanned the original documents (e.g. passport biodata pages, birth certificates, degree certificates) and uploaded them. However, the document checklist says these have to be certified copies.

I thought one only needs to certify if he is sending hard photocopy. What is the point of certifying if you are going to scan it anyway?

Anyways, now do I need to certify copies and upload them again or is the certification required only for sending hard copies?

I haven't been allocated a CO yet.

Seniors, you input will be appreciated.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maham
Hi Mate,

Please have a look at the following:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skills...l-information/

Certified documents

Every visa application requires various supporting documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, proof of identity etc.

Unless asked to do otherwise, you should provide 'certified copies' of original documents, rather than the original documents.

'Certified copies' have been authorised (or stamped) as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you live.

All departmental offices outside Australia have a person who can certify or witness documents. You may have to pay for this service.

Police certificates are the exception. You must provide original police certificates with your application.

-------------------------

so clearly, you need to upload the certified copies.
As moneypenny has said and i would reiterate that colored scanned copies are enough. B&W documents need to be certified,. All of us uploaded the colored scanned copies and it sufficed. The above is a standard statement, which goes well with the paper based applications.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Bizkut is an unknown quantity at this point

What about translations of required documents? Do those have to be certified?

I'm also curious to know how many designations exist for progress? I know the process starts with "Recommended", then "Required" once the docs. are uploaded.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bizkut
What about translations of required documents? Do those have to be certified?

I'm also curious to know how many designations exist for progress? I know the process starts with "Recommended", then "Required" once the docs. are uploaded.
Yes, you need to certify the translations. As for the online status, don't worry about it too much, as sometimes you get your visa and it is still showing docs required.
Old Dec 15th 2012, 4:59 am
Just Joined

urs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really nice

Hi,

I've made it through SkillSelect and got invited for 189. I started the application at November 15th and have until January 15 to submit it (I'm at the screen where it asks me to pay the 3000something $).

The IELTS test that I used for the EOI expired in September, so I did it again at December 2nd. I couln't score as well as last time and now I'm missing the 10 points for a 7 IELTS score (my overall is 7.5, but I don't have seven in each section).

I cannot repeat IELTS before January 15th. So my question is:

Can I submit the application with the current IELTS test and attach an improved one later to get the missing points? At what stage of the process do you actually submit the documents, and how much time do you have for it? Can you still attach them after submitting?

Thanks a lot,

Urs
Old Dec 15th 2012, 6:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by urs_kemmann
Hi,

I've made it through SkillSelect and got invited for 189. I started the application at November 15th and have until January 15 to submit it (I'm at the screen where it asks me to pay the 3000something $).

The IELTS test that I used for the EOI expired in September, so I did it again at December 2nd. I couln't score as well as last time and now I'm missing the 10 points for a 7 IELTS score (my overall is 7.5, but I don't have seven in each section).

I cannot repeat IELTS before January 15th. So my question is:

Can I submit the application with the current IELTS test and attach an improved one later to get the missing points? At what stage of the process do you actually submit the documents, and how much time do you have for it? Can you still attach them after submitting?

Thanks a lot,

Urs
Your IELTS will be accepted as long as its not more than 3 years old - when did you do the original test?

IMO if you lodge your application without the points stated on your EOI it will be refused.
Old Dec 15th 2012, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Bizkut is an unknown quantity at this point

Going back to the document requirements, my PCCs (originals) are sort of greyish/blackish. In other words, very difficult to be consideed as coloured. However, they have a "white seal". I'm not sure that's the appropriate term, it's one of those stamped that imprints a pattern into the paper.

Would I be risking too much but uploading thise doc without certification?