Wikiposts

Attaching Doc's for visa App??

Old Jul 21st 2009, 6:55 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Attaching Doc's for visa App??

Just about to do the above and wondered if anyone else had experience of :

1. the passport photo looking not very much like the actual passport scan. My youngest is 4 but his actual passport photo was taken 3 Yrs ago ?
  2. If We are only scanning the photo's in can we put all 4 of us on a piece of paper with the names next to them, as any muppet could doctor anything nowadays that has to be scanned so surely as long as it looks a bit l;ike the passport photo ??
  3. they ask for birth cert or other evidence of age... would the Passport not cover both these request's ?
  4. They only ask for my copy of the marriage cert not Louise's, but then they ask for Louise's change of name cert ?? will the marriage cert do for her also and
    or Passport again ??

TIA

Dougie
Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:15 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Attaching Doc's for visa App??

I take it by the lack of response this has either

been done to death before (if so can someone send me in the right direction as i canny find the answers)

Or I smell ?

Thanks

Dougie
Old Jul 21st 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Marriage certificate was what I attached for my proof of name and that was enough.

The photos, I would make a file for each of the photos, as you'll have to label them for each person individually.

Passport might be fine for proof of age, I just attached birth certificate anyway.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cookiestar
Marriage certificate was what I attached for my proof of name and that was enough.

The photos, I would make a file for each of the photos, as you'll have to label them for each person individually.

Passport might be fine for proof of age, I just attached birth certificate anyway.
school leaving certificate/school records, Tax-ID and anything that goes back in time and is consistent with the Passport data would constitute Proof of age. Again, these are accepted only in the case where a Birth Certificate can not be obtained. Otherwise, I am afraid a birth certificate would be mandatory. Please correct me if i am wrong.
Old Jul 21st 2009, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

here is what I found on my online checklist:

1) Birth Certificate or other evidence of age:

Please provide a certified copy of your full birth certificate.

If your country of birth does not issue birth certificates, please provide written notification stating this, and provide your country's equivalent documentation, for example secondary school certificate, family book extracts or family census register showing names of both parents.

2) Marriage Certificate

Please provide certified copy of marriage certificate.

3) Passport Photo

Please provide one electronic copy of a passport photograph for each applicant and ensure the file name of the photograph includes the full name of the applicant.

The change of name thing doesn't show up as it doesn't apply in our case.