Assurance of support

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:54 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute
Question Assurance of support

I'm looking at ways of getting my mum and dad out to Oz permanently, and the Contributory Parent visa looks like the most likely.
If we were to sponsor my parents to do this does it mean that i as their daughter (only child) would need to show that "I "earn enough the meet the requirements for the assurance of support and not my husband?I'm not too sure how it all works! As we are planning for me to be at home with our young son until he goes to school that would be difficult? Any ideas anyone?
Thanks M J
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 3:58 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assurance of support

Originally Posted by M J
I'm looking at ways of getting my mum and dad out to Oz permanently, and the Contributory Parent visa looks like the most likely.
If we were to sponsor my parents to do this does it mean that i as their daughter (only child) would need to show that "I "earn enough the meet the requirements for the assurance of support and not my husband?I'm not too sure how it all works! As we are planning for me to be at home with our young son until he goes to school that would be difficult? Any ideas anyone?
Thanks M J
As far as I know

The assurer can be anyone who meets the income requirement and can show 2 years tax returns.

G
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 4:09 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

oh really ? Thats cheered me up!
Thanks G
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:35 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M J
oh really ? Thats cheered me up!
Thanks G
The question is would your husband be willing to commit to a 10 year AOS for your parents?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:22 am
M J
BE Enthusiast

Ha yes there is that ! Got to get them through the medicals yet !