Wikiposts

Assurance of Support

Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:27 am
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of
Question Assurance of Support

Hi all

We will soon be applying for a 136 visa. Booklet 6 mentions that an Assurance of Support is required in some cases (which for us, according to fees list, would amount to $5,000).

Can anyone shed any light on how often, or under which circumstances, a bond is required for AoS?

Thanks!

Karl
Old Mar 21st 2005, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Assurance of Support

Originally Posted by Karl & Ann
Hi all

We will soon be applying for a 136 visa. Booklet 6 mentions that an Assurance of Support is required in some cases (which for us, according to fees list, would amount to $5,000).

Can anyone shed any light on how often, or under which circumstances, a bond is required for AoS?

Thanks!

Karl
As far as I know - if you going on a 136 visa then this does not apply to you. It is only in the cases such as 139 and 138 where you are being sponsored by an Australian family member that you will need an Assurer who will need to provide Assurance of Support and is normally always required to pay a bond as you mention above.

But check this with others first before going on my word.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:04 am
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of

Thanks Teri.

I was curious about the wording in Booklet 6 - it seemed to imply that in certain cases they would require an AoS. Hopefully someone will speak up if this happened to them.

Cheers
Karl
Old Mar 21st 2005, 11:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karl & Ann
Thanks Teri.

I was curious about the wording in Booklet 6 - it seemed to imply that in certain cases they would require an AoS. Hopefully someone will speak up if this happened to them.

Cheers
Karl

There is provision for a discretionary AOS on skilled independent, but I've never heard of one being asked for.

Jeremy
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:30 am
Pasta Fari

[QUOTE=JAJ]

Thanks JAJ. One less thing to worry about hopefully! But having read a thread earlier about page numbering for the application starting from the bottom up, i've obviously got lots more to worry about /

Cheers
Karl