Argh.... need some help

Old Apr 4th 2018, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Argh.... need some help

So, I just got this email from home affairs on my skillselect. It says that a midwife is no longer on the STSOL as of March 18th. I was invited to apply for a visa on 26th Feb and applied for my visa on the 27th. What does this mean? Will my visa application be rejected even though I have done all health assessments and police clearances and paid the visa fees??

Really worried and having a bit of a panic. Is there a way of contacting home affairs from the UK?
Old Apr 4th 2018, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

jon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond reputejon111 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Argh.... need some help

oh no i hope you can still go through with it

good luck
Old Apr 4th 2018, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought I'll be fine as I have submitted my visa application and I have state nomination but you never know
Old Apr 5th 2018, 4:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clacfart
So, I just got this email from home affairs on my skillselect. It says that a midwife is no longer on the STSOL as of March 18th. I was invited to apply for a visa on 26th Feb and applied for my visa on the 27th. What does this mean? Will my visa application be rejected even though I have done all health assessments and police clearances and paid the visa fees??

Really worried and having a bit of a panic. Is there a way of contacting home affairs from the UK?
When you applied it was still on the list, correct? In that case you will be ok. They will just not accept any applications AFTER March 18th.

If your occupation has been removed from the list, you will only be impacted if you apply for a skilled visa on or after the date on which the occupation was removed from the relevant skilled occupation list.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/...upations-lists

Applications lodged before the change will not be impacted. If you already hold a skilled visa, you will not be impacted by these removed occupations unless you apply for a further skilled visa or are changing your occupation or employer.

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 5th 2018 at 4:50 am.
Old Apr 5th 2018, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
When you applied it was still on the list, correct? In that case you will be ok. They will just not accept any applications AFTER March 18th.

If your occupation has been removed from the list, you will only be impacted if you apply for a skilled visa on or after the date on which the occupation was removed from the relevant skilled occupation list.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/...upations-lists

Applications lodged before the change will not be impacted. If you already hold a skilled visa, you will not be impacted by these removed occupations unless you apply for a further skilled visa or are changing your occupation or employer.
Thank you so much Pollyanna I am really grateful. Panic over. X