Argh - Can't get through on phone to ASPC

Old Nov 5th 2008, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

springonion will become famous soon enoughspringonion will become famous soon enough
Angry Argh - Can't get through on phone to ASPC

Hi,

I've been trying to call Adelaide (ASPC) but I keep getting the message that they are very busy and then they disconnect the line. :curse:

I'm calling +61 1300 364 613 and have tried several nights running now but with no joy.

I'm trying to get through to move my application along as its been static now with Meds finalized for near on a month. I know others have managed to nudge them to get the visa approved.

Has anyone else had trouble getting through to the ASPC and if you have got through, which number did you use?

Thanks
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Argh - Can't get through on phone to ASPC

Originally Posted by springonion
Hi,

I've been trying to call Adelaide (ASPC) but I keep getting the message that they are very busy and then they disconnect the line. :curse:

I'm calling +61 1300 364 613 and have tried several nights running now but with no joy.

I'm trying to get through to move my application along as its been static now with Meds finalized for near on a month. I know others have managed to nudge them to get the visa approved.

Has anyone else had trouble getting through to the ASPC and if you have got through, which number did you use?

Thanks
I read on another thread that an agent went on a visit to ASPC and the place is crazy busy and hardly anyone gets chance to answer the phone. Have you tried emailing your CO?
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:17 pm
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

If you want to get through just keep trying and eventually you'll get through. It probably took me a good hour!!!!!

I spoke to them a week or so ago, we too are stuck awaiting what I can only assume is final approval. I didn't get chance to speak to the CO directly and could only speak to the operator. They told me they currently have 12,000 visa applications being passed through to them each week and each CO gets a batch of 50 to add to their 'pot' each day.

She said she would make a note against my visa application so the CO would pick it up within 10 working days. She checked my online visa application and said it all looked ok, told me we are almost there and to hang in.

I'm constantly checking my visa app everyday and will call them again tomorrow night.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 2:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
I read on another thread that an agent went on a visit to ASPC and the place is crazy busy and hardly anyone gets chance to answer the phone. Have you tried emailing your CO?
As I've said before every time the phone rings you are taking a CO away from a file...........
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:42 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

When I am asked by enquirers why they should use an agent perhaps I'll direct them to this thread ...

In response to the OP - you are not alone. A chap contacted me on 23/10. Applicant for a s/c 176 skilled sponsored visa. Medicals and police clearance certs lodged 01/2008.

Medical for his wife appeared to have disappeared. Date of required initial entry based on dates of meds and penals approaching rapidly. He had tried to communicate with the ASPC - to no avail.

We agreed a fee for me to represent him, recognising that we are at a late stage, but the costs of flights, or replacement meds/penals would not be insignificant.

I contacted a known Manager at the ASPC. Matter referred to the Manager overseeing this application. Emails exchanged. Agreed that the application had fallen down the cracks. Telephone call on Monday morning. Application escalated. Visas expected to be granted in the next 7 days. Date of required initial entry pushed back by 3 months.

As volumes of skilled visa applications continue to be significant there is an increased risk of applications falling down the cracks.

Best regards.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:55 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

maybe it's agents who are going by the back door and taking CO's away from their cases!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:04 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolshadows
maybe it's agents who are going by the back door and taking CO's away from their cases!
Or maybe it's all the people who are overeager and ring ASPC every week to check on something that is still within the normal timeframes.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:25 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Or maybe it's all the people who are overeager and ring ASPC every week to check on something that is still within the normal timeframes.
Yes I think Alan's right that agents can make a difference in many situations such as the one he describes, however I had a new version today, a client who has had to make a second application has a decision-ready application and the case officer when I spoke to her today confirmed as much. However she mentioned that the recent upgrade to the systems in Adelaide had for some unknown reason made this particular visa ungrantable until a bug is fixed. Obviously this is just as frustrating for case officers as it is for applicants, but of course you can't hear each other screaming.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

springonion will become famous soon enoughspringonion will become famous soon enough

Well as an update ....

I also emailed them on top of trying to call and what Alan has described has happened.

They were waiting for me to send my Penal Clearance Certificate through even though it is uploaded to their site and my application progress page says it has been received.

Their internal file on me says they are waiting for it and if I hadn't contacted them I would never have known this. Whether an Agent could have helped identify this quicker I'm not sure but the issue has been spotted.

I'm therefore now in communication with a person at the ASPC and this is being looked at.

So the moral of the story seems to be (well for me anyways) is that don't assume that just because you uploaded your document and the application status page shows its received, that it means they actually think they have it.

cheers
Old Nov 6th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Also, don't expect things that have safely arrived in Australia to be kept safe...both my husband's and my own medicals arrived at LCU safe and sound and then went missing internally for a few days...maybe they're seeing how far they can push potential immigrants before they crack under the pressure???!!!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 1:29 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Yes I think Alan's right that agents can make a difference in many situations such as the one he describes, however I had a new version today, a client who has had to make a second application has a decision-ready application and the case officer when I spoke to her today confirmed as much. However she mentioned that the recent upgrade to the systems in Adelaide had for some unknown reason made this particular visa ungrantable until a bug is fixed. Obviously this is just as frustrating for case officers as it is for applicants, but of course you can't hear each other screaming.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Hello George - which type of visa was this? Tx, Pam
Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:51 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PamE
Hello George - which type of visa was this? Tx, Pam
Hi Pam,

A family sponsored 475 if that makes a difference.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:46 pm
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Pam,

A family sponsored 475 if that makes a difference.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Thanks George! Ours is state sponsored so hope doesn't make a difference
Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:06 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Originally Posted by PamE
Thanks George! Ours is state sponsored so hope doesn't make a difference
Hi Pam,

Don't know, poor CO told me that she had been venting her frustrations and that colleagues were aware of it, but didn't sound as though the problem was specific to a visa subclass. In fact I have to stress that she called me so no allegations please of distracting case officers from processing files :-)

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Well final update on this one and as a result of my posting yesterday and email to ASPC ....

I'VE GOT MY VISA

So as a result of me querying, I'm ready to go .... now where's my case ... I need to pack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.