April 2010 Visa Applicants

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: April 2010 Visa Applicants

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
yes an applicant from England got visa last week.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...postcount=2148
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:52 am
Just Joined

chamikboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by qamar_qadian
congrats mate for the visa. all the best for your future in australia.
Thanks mate
Old Aug 27th 2010, 9:17 am
Just Joined

roseprose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chamikboy
Hi

My application got approved today.

Hope you all get sooner.

cheers
cool! did you end up applying for SS?
Old Sep 5th 2010, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

tingletanglebob is an unknown quantity at this point

I am happy to report, that we received our visa grant letter via email on the 23rd August (see timeline below) - it would have been even sooner, but there was a problem with the meds of my wife which took 4 weeks to sort out....

Planning to go to the Australia House here in London next week for evidencing - just not sure about validation at the moment: My wife and I are visiting family in OZ over the Christmas Period and I was wondering, if it is sufficient to make a day trip from Auckland to Sydney (flights are quite cheap) to get the visa validated - i.e. is one day enough for validation (flight would arrive at 8.30 in Sydney and depart at 18.30)? - I have no idea how long it takes immigration to validate and / or do some other checks (I don't know what they are doing during validation, or if you have to stay for e.g. 24 hours to successfully validate - are there any restrictions for the validation at all?!) - your opinion on this is very much appreciated....

All the best for the applicants who don't have the visa yet....

Regards

Patrick

ACS - 16th Dec 2009 (2231-79 .NET technologies).....IELTS Taken 20th Feb 2010 (R 9.0, L 8.5, W 7.5, S 8.5) (non-native speaker)..... Applied 175 -13th Apr 2010 CSL Only (MODL removed - applied with just 120 points).....CO-1st Jun 2010.....Meds Finalised 22nd July......VISA GRANT-23rd August 2010.

Last edited by tingletanglebob; Sep 5th 2010 at 1:16 pm. Reason: added timeline
Old Sep 6th 2010, 2:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by roseprose
cool! did you end up applying for SS?
Nope I was happy to wait couple of weeks.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 2:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nakered
Hi all, I have been keeping tabs on this thread for sometime now, but am getting a bit despondent with my own application.

See my blog to get the low down on where I am at the moment: http://britishexpats.com/blogs/nakered

Is it because I am applying for a family sponsored Visa, and these Visas are low down on the proirity list?

Thanks everyone!
Hey, I applied for 176 on 27/04/10 and got approved 29/07/10
Are you on CSL? if not I think you should apply for SS which would help you to jump in to 2 category.
Good luck

PS: why I cannot insert my timeline?
Old Sep 6th 2010, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice

Originally Posted by tingletanglebob
I am happy to report, that we received our visa grant letter via email on the 23rd August (see timeline below) - it would have been even sooner, but there was a problem with the meds of my wife which took 4 weeks to sort out....

Planning to go to the Australia House here in London next week for evidencing - just not sure about validation at the moment: My wife and I are visiting family in OZ over the Christmas Period and I was wondering, if it is sufficient to make a day trip from Auckland to Sydney (flights are quite cheap) to get the visa validated - i.e. is one day enough for validation (flight would arrive at 8.30 in Sydney and depart at 18.30)? - I have no idea how long it takes immigration to validate and / or do some other checks (I don't know what they are doing during validation, or if you have to stay for e.g. 24 hours to successfully validate - are there any restrictions for the validation at all?!) - your opinion on this is very much appreciated....

All the best for the applicants who don't have the visa yet....

Regards

Patrick

ACS - 16th Dec 2009 (2231-79 .NET technologies).....IELTS Taken 20th Feb 2010 (R 9.0, L 8.5, W 7.5, S 8.5) (non-native speaker)..... Applied 175 -13th Apr 2010 CSL Only (MODL removed - applied with just 120 points).....CO-1st Jun 2010.....Meds Finalised 22nd July......VISA GRANT-23rd August 2010.
AFAIK, one can just enter australia and depart on next availalbe flight.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qamar_qadian
AFAIK, one can just enter australia and depart on next availalbe flight.
Yes thats correct. Validating the visa is as simple as handing it to the Immigration Officer who puts it through the computer. Can leave again immediately if you want to.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

kellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud of
Cool Re: April 2010 Visa Applicants

I have just had my 309 visa granted. So happy

My timeline is set out on Spouse visa thread. Took 5 months almost to the day from application to grant. I'm off to pack.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

tingletanglebob is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys,

many thanks for your advise, I am going to book the flights for our day trip from Auckland to Sydney next week....

Anywho - I would like to share with you my experience with the DIAC during my visa evidencing. Yesterday, I went to the Australia House here in London and handed in my wife's and my passport, asking politely to get the the visa evidenced. Everything went smooth on / for my passport, but apparently there was something wrong with my wife's passport and / or visa number - after more than half an hour, the nice DIAC chap said that he was able to sort it out, but he didn’t know himself exactly what was wrong. He also said that I can be lucky to have it sorted out now, as he was convinced that this would have become a major issue at the immigration desk when arriving in australia for the validation. Long story short, if one has the possibility to get the visa evidenced, one should do so, as it will be also the first time that DIAC actually gets hold of original documents rather than scanned copies.

P.S. the visa sticker looks great - Class VE Resident S - Sub Class175 - Holder (s) permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely - nice wording ;-)

Regards

Patrick
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:54 am
Viktor

viktorjaisz has a spectacular aura aboutviktorjaisz has a spectacular aura aboutviktorjaisz has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: April 2010 Visa Applicants

I am happy to inform all that I have received my visa grant letter yesterday.
I had applied for on 27th April and Visa class 176.
Last Document was provided on last week of August.
Wish Best of Luck to all ....
I will try to get the signature reflect details ...
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 3:44 am
Just Joined

chathuepasinghe is an unknown quantity at this point

hi any one can help me please, i need to know some information regarding form 80 and form 1221, i have added my husband too to in this application, and they have requested form 80 and form 1221 , since i m the main applicant i uploaded both forms for myself, does my husband too need to fill these forms??

thanks in advance
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:09 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chathuepasinghe
hi any one can help me please, i need to know some information regarding form 80 and form 1221, i have added my husband too to in this application, and they have requested form 80 and form 1221 , since i m the main applicant i uploaded both forms for myself, does my husband too need to fill these forms??

thanks in advance
yes, because he is now secondary applicant. I filled both forms for my wife as well, she is secondary applicant.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

arewenearlythereyet is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 176 SS NSW Visa Lodged April 2010

I have a 176 SS visa for NSW that was lodged on the 7th April 2010 and I still have not been assigned a case office. Has anyone had a similar Visa approved yet? I really thought I would have heard something by now and we're waiting to get the go ahead to get our medicals done..... We soooo wanted the Visa before Christmas!
We have used an agency and they said we just need to be patient
feel like we've been patient for so long and really want to hear something now!! Has anyone had one granted that was lodged around the same time????
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:36 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 176 SS NSW Visa Lodged April 2010

Originally Posted by arewenearlythereyet
I have a 176 SS visa for NSW that was lodged on the 7th April 2010 and I still have not been assigned a case office. Has anyone had a similar Visa approved yet? I really thought I would have heard something by now and we're waiting to get the go ahead to get our medicals done..... We soooo wanted the Visa before Christmas!
We have used an agency and they said we just need to be patient
feel like we've been patient for so long and really want to hear something now!! Has anyone had one granted that was lodged around the same time????
You lodged in April and you expected a visa by Christmas? Did your agent not explain to you how long a 176 visa takes to be decided?

You very likely will not get a visa decision before Christmas, or probably hear anything before then. Take a read of the April 2010 applicants thread for where the majority of posters are at.

Here you go http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ght=april+2010

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.