Originally Posted by robandkath
hi all first of all congratulations to the latest visa grants
oh yeah nearly forgot we got ours granted this morning
Very cool...!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

T-bird will become famous soon enoughT-bird will become famous soon enough
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

I've just come across a very good resource for people moving to a new city. It's a book called 'the Complete Resident's Guide' by Explorer. I got the Sydney edition - not sure if they have other Aussie cities.

It's the best book of this type that I've seen with very detailed accounts of all the different suburbs, places to eat, drink, shop, see etc. Fantastic for both a recce trip and settling in.

T-bird
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by T-bird
I've just come across a very good resource for people moving to a new city. It's a book called 'the Complete Resident's Guide' by Explorer. I got the Sydney edition - not sure if they have other Aussie cities.

It's the best book of this type that I've seen with very detailed accounts of all the different suburbs, places to eat, drink, shop, see etc. Fantastic for both a recce trip and settling in.

T-bird
Where did you find that then T??

I've been looking for something like that for a while now and all i can seem to find is tourist books...not quite what i want!!
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:54 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by memewest

I've been looking for something like that for a while now and all i can seem to find is tourist books...not quite what i want!!
For anyone moving to Perth, there's a book called Living In Perth (seems to come out every year; I have the 2008/2009 edition).
See these posts:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542774
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420971

There seem be to be several all about living and working in Australia... of variable quality. I spent an hour or so in Waterstones one day leafing through them before choosing a couple.

Cheers
b
Old Nov 6th 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

T-bird will become famous soon enoughT-bird will become famous soon enough

Amazon.co.uk

Just type Explorer Sydney into the search and it should come up. Costs GBP £12.99.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:09 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Congrats robandkath,

WELCOME TO VISATOWN!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:50 am
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Fantastic - congratulations!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

robandkath has a spectacular aura aboutrobandkath has a spectacular aura aboutrobandkath has a spectacular aura about

cheers evryone
just need to sell the house now
then will be heading to queensland jimboomba i think any one got any views on this area ?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:52 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

cheers evryone
just need to sell the house now
then will be heading to queensland jimboomba i think any one got any views on this area ?
My only view on the area is that it is a great name! Super address to have

Sorry, not a very constructive comment but I think it sounds great

Enjoy!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

robandkath has a spectacular aura aboutrobandkath has a spectacular aura aboutrobandkath has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lilsweets
My only view on the area is that it is a great name! Super address to have

Sorry, not a very constructive comment but I think it sounds great

Enjoy!
no not very constructive but made me smile
Old Nov 7th 2008, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR VISA GRANT, ROB & KATH!!!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:31 pm
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Hi Guys

Good news - Two of our meds changed to "finalised" yesterday - just waiting on the other 2 now!!! thats all the co is waiting on now!!! Meme your chanting must be working tee hee!!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

All seems quiet in the April thread

I'm still checking my April 176 application daily but still nothing

Any April good news out there or have the new DIAC calendars been issued that they got on the cheap because there's only 11 months in them
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris
Hi Guys

Good news - Two of our meds changed to "finalised" yesterday - just waiting on the other 2 now!!! thats all the co is waiting on now!!! Meme your chanting must be working tee hee!!
Hi Wez and Chris....sorry, i must have missed this post from you.....

WHOOHOO!!! 2 down and 2 to go!! halfway there...

Not long now then....chanting must be driving HOC mad and now they just want to get rid of us QUICK!! Lets hope so hey!!!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:51 am
Good luck to all

Hi Wez and Chris....sorry, i must have missed this post from you.....

WHOOHOO!!! 2 down and 2 to go!! halfway there...

Not long now then....chanting must be driving HOC mad and now they just want to get rid of us QUICK!! Lets hope so hey!!!
Thanks Meme lets hope we all "finalise" soon hey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.