British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   April 2008 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/april-2008-applicants-529427/)

bumble69 Nov 5th 2008 9:26 am

Re: April 2008 Applicants

Woooooo wooooooo... we just got our 176 granted...

:D

T-bird Nov 5th 2008 9:41 am

Originally Posted by bumble69 (Post 6942329)

Well that's a fab way to get the April thread back up there! Well done - what a great feeling!

bumble69 Nov 5th 2008 9:45 am

Originally Posted by T-bird (Post 6942360)
Well that's a fab way to get the April thread back up there! Well done - what a great feeling!

Thank you.. It is pretty cool. I got granted the day Obama won.....

Shame he has to share the headlines really... :)

memewest Nov 5th 2008 10:11 am

Congratulations!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now C'MON MY MEDS!!!

caliburn Nov 5th 2008 10:26 am

bumble68, congratulations on your visa grant. For the benefit of the rest of us, would you mind sharing your timeline, high/low risk country etc. we all now live in the time of obama, don't we?

bumble69 Nov 5th 2008 10:29 am

Originally Posted by caliburn (Post 6942479)
bumble68, congratulations on your visa grant. For the benefit of the rest of us, would you mind sharing your timeline, high/low risk country etc. we all now live in the time of obama, don't we?

Thanks. Well, it's all on beupdate.... UK applicants...lodged mid-april further info requested 29/9 and granted today. Not a lot else to say really...

chasmw Nov 5th 2008 10:50 am

Originally Posted by memewest (Post 6942434)

Now C'MON MY MEDS!!!

Mine too! Frustrated that I can't even confidently say they're in Sydney yet. Think I might chase to see if they've arrived. They were sent on the 22nd of Oct. Damn you UK Postal Service that doesn't allow for tracking once they've left the country! :curse:

caliburn Nov 5th 2008 11:22 am

Originally Posted by bumble69 (Post 6942489)
Thanks. Well, it's all on beupdate.... UK applicants...lodged mid-april further info requested 29/9 and granted today. Not a lot else to say really...

Thanks. Wish you the best with everything... planning, selling house, flights etc. etc. Quite a busy time ahead!

silverski Nov 5th 2008 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by tim n abby (Post 6942184)
Yeah, not sure what's happened? Or maybe it's because Tiger isn't posting the visa updates on the April thread anymore, so it feels like there's less going on?

We were one of the lucky April guys who got a case officer in September, but we had to send in more info. Well, it's over a month since we sent in our last bit of documentation and we're still waiting for something to happen... (And our case officer is NOT one who appreciates being contacted directly!)

As they say in South Africa: vasbyt! (Roughly translated: grin and bare it!)

Cheers
Abby (& Tim)

HI Abby and Tim,

have you applied from SA or another country and which visa have you applied for.

Kind regards
Silverski

silverski Nov 5th 2008 12:12 pm

Congrats Bumble69.

Enjoy the journey.

Regards

Silverski

kaznie Nov 5th 2008 12:59 pm

I just found the new line in eVisa system today.

05/11/2008 Application being processed further

Is this what I think it is?:confused:

I think it is.

I got a Case Officer!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

snoo Nov 5th 2008 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by kaznie (Post 6942902)
I just found the new line in eVisa system today.

05/11/2008 Application being processed further

Is this what I think it is?:confused:

I think it is.

I got a Case Officer!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh thank goodness!! Have they asked for extra info? Ours took just less than a month to be approved after having to re-upload a police cert & birth cert (so not complicated info really!!)

That's absolutely brilliant Bumble69....when do you have to validate by? We have to sell our house yet....been on market over 2 years now!!

Lisa,xx

memewest Nov 5th 2008 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by chasmw (Post 6942556)
Mine too! Frustrated that I can't even confidently say they're in Sydney yet. Think I might chase to see if they've arrived. They were sent on the 22nd of Oct. Damn you UK Postal Service that doesn't allow for tracking once they've left the country! :curse:

I know EXACTLY where your coming from Chris...

Ours was posted 14th October, Snail Mail. 22 DAYS AGO...:sneaky:
I emailed our CO last week about something different and was told by her that she is now waiting for medical clearance before we'll hear from her again.
Got an email from HOC the next day after i emailed them to see if our meds had arrived safely, and they have NO RECORD OF THEM!! :curse:
I emailed AusPost monday to see if they can tell me where they are, as i know they have left the UK through the minimal tracking Snail Mail gives you, and i've heard nothing from them, so, i know EXACTLY where your coming from.

Will keep on saying it until they clear, so if your getting fed up with me chanting, please feel free to contact HOC and chase them up for me... ;):lol: Or your more than welcome to join in!! :rofl:

C'MON YOU MEDS!!

JAK Nov 5th 2008 3:31 pm

CONGRATULATIONS :thumbsup::thumbsup:

chasmw Nov 5th 2008 3:31 pm

Right - I will definitely email the HOC then and check that they're there. May have to add "C'MON YOU MEDS!" to the end of my posts!