April 2008 Applicants

Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:39 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by memewest
When you check your online status, click on 'view entitlement' even though there is no entitlement yet! Anyway, it tells you the time in Aus, and date.
From what i can remember they are 11 hours in front of us. So 9-5 for them is 10pm-6am for us!! right?? i think....
Time difference between UK and Adelaide is 10.5hrs at the moment. Not sure of opening hours of DIAC, could also be 8.30am-4.30pm. Just a guess, those were hours of offices I worked in when I was there.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

There's that funny half hour between Adelaide and Sydney, so they are 10.30 hours ahead of us. I have just checked the 'world time zones' site and yes, it is definitely 10 and a half hours, it's 11 for Sydney when checking for meds though!!!

Mel
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by melbert
There's that funny half hour between Adelaide and Sydney, so they are 10.30 hours ahead of us. I have just checked the 'world time zones' site and yes, it is definitely 10 and a half hours, it's 11 for Sydney when checking for meds though!!!

Mel
I have just checked through the 'view entitlement' thingy on the online status and definately says 11hrs in front...

Thats on the online visa check status, i can't check my meds...

As i applied to adelaide, i just naturally presumed that when i check online i am checking with adelaide and not sydney. Is this wrong then??
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Erm, dunno!!!! Maybe we're all going MAD!!!!

Mel
Old Oct 27th 2008, 10:03 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

As i applied to adelaide, i just naturally presumed that when i check online i am checking with adelaide and not sydney. Is this wrong then??
Definitely 10.5hrs. Presume that time on internet is Eastern Standard Time which explains the 11 hours. 10.5hrs will come into effect when trying to work out DIAC office hours.

Or maybe we are going mad!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=tiger222;6909766]
Originally Posted by CharleneG

Charlene - You know what they say about lightning striking twice. I wouldn't hold my breath that they'll pick up your file the day after MEDS cleared.

I had expected that they would assign a CO the day after I uploaded PCCS because it happened to someone else - but it didn't.
Tiger, that's fair enough and I agree I'm not going to hold my breath as I have said before it will happen when it happens.

It would make a great birthday present though
Old Oct 29th 2008, 3:36 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chasmw
Ben,
Can picture you using those internet terminals at Singapore airport - used 'em myself. What an amazing airport that is!
It's certainly a lot nicer than Dubai... since I had the laptop (actually, two laptops) in hand baggage, I fired it up and used the free WiFi. Very handy to pass an hour or so.

Currently all broadbanded up in North Beach: passing a manic week doing all those lovely New Migrant tasks (banks, drivers' licences, buying a car, sorting phones, medicare, etc etc).

Just for all those possibly wondering if it's worth all the hassle: at the end of our road is the West Coast Highway alongside the ocean. Every time I turn onto it, whether it's going somewhere new or just nipping down to the IGA for groceries, I just feel my heart lift at the sight of the ocean. Even yesterday, when it p*ssed down nearly all day

Cheers
b
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:51 am
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Hi Ben I know what you mean - I could have travelled that road every day when we were there (on holiday) - its the kind of road when you are in the car you just don't talk because you are just too busy watching the ocean and then you start looking at houses that look onto that scene every day and think wow!!!!!!

Thanks you just gave me a v nice memory to start the day on
Old Oct 29th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by benlast
Currently all broadbanded up in North Beach: passing a manic week doing all those lovely New Migrant tasks (banks, drivers' licences, buying a car, sorting phones, medicare, etc etc).

Just for all those possibly wondering if it's worth all the hassle: at the end of our road is the West Coast Highway alongside the ocean. Every time I turn onto it, whether it's going somewhere new or just nipping down to the IGA for groceries, I just feel my heart lift at the sight of the ocean. Even yesterday, when it p*ssed down nearly all day

Cheers
b
Hi Ben....

Gawd, look at where you are now and remember back to when we first got chatting about the ACS!! Doesn't that seem surreal??

Great to hear things are going well....

Keep in touch.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:49 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Gawd, look at where you are now and remember back to when we first got chatting about the ACS!! Doesn't that seem surreal??
Hi MMW

Surreal, yes... and also not very long ago. I'm hoping the pace of change will slow down a bit now (for us, but not for all of you waiting for COs and visas).

Cheers
b
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

De Mange will become famous soon enoughDe Mange will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris
Hi Ben I know what you mean - I could have travelled that road every day when we were there (on holiday) - its the kind of road when you are in the car you just don't talk because you are just too busy watching the ocean and then you start looking at houses that look onto that scene every day and think wow!!!!!!

Thanks you just gave me a v nice memory to start the day on
I'm glad I'm not on that road when you are driving!!

Better to watch cars and traffic lights n that.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

Well Done Benlast.........I'm so pleased for you! Good luck in your new life!
Lisa,xx
Old Nov 5th 2008, 7:40 am
Citizen Of The World

Has nothing really happened to April Applicants since the end of October?
Updates seems to be a bit thin on the ground...
Cheers
b
Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:11 am
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Cheers
b
HI Ben,

we are still here waiting for some good news.

Regards
Silverski
Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:16 am
Just Joined

tim n abby will become famous soon enoughtim n abby will become famous soon enough

Cheers
b
Yeah, not sure what's happened? Or maybe it's because Tiger isn't posting the visa updates on the April thread anymore, so it feels like there's less going on?

We were one of the lucky April guys who got a case officer in September, but we had to send in more info. Well, it's over a month since we sent in our last bit of documentation and we're still waiting for something to happen... (And our case officer is NOT one who appreciates being contacted directly!)

As they say in South Africa: vasbyt! (Roughly translated: grin and bare it!)

Cheers
Abby (& Tim)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.