April 2008 Applicants

Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by tiger222
The June 08 Must be June 07 - correct? After all it's not been 11.9 months since June 08.....?
Catherine, visas granted during July 1 to Oct 24 of 2008 were associated with an average processing time of 11.9 months for subclass 136. Its actually counting backward from June 2008. For example, if my visa is granted today, it will be associated with a processing time of 7 months as I applied in April 08 or if its granted next month, then the processing time will be 8 months.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tiger222

Mine were sent by courier and I could track (and obsess) about where they were and how long they'd been there.

Catherine

And how jealous i was off that!!
I'm still waiting for an email from HOC to confirm that they have arrived.... this is what i didn't want to happen, though i do have other things to take my mind off it for a little while now...

Originally Posted by caliburn
Catherine, visas granted during July 1 to Oct 24 of 2008 were associated with an average processing time of 11.9 months for subclass 136. Its actually counting backward from June 2008. For example, if my visa is granted today, it will be associated with a processing time of 7 months as I applied in April 08 or if its granted next month, then the processing time will be 8 months.
Caliburn, i'm really sorry, i'm either being really thick, or having a blonde moment but i just don't get how you have worked that out!?

Hats off to you for even going there!! I just don't have the head for things like that at the moment.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by memewest

I'm still waiting for an email from HOC to confirm that they have arrived.... this is what i didn't want to happen, though i do have other things to take my mind off it for a little while now...

Caliburn, i'm really sorry, i'm either being really thick, or having a blonde moment but i just don't get how you have worked that out!?

Hats off to you for even going there!! I just don't have the head for things like that at the moment.
memewest, its actually very simple. I downloaded data of the few hundred people who got visa during the last 18 month from BE Update, calculated how long each person took to get their visa and averaged the time for each major subclass. All done in Excel in about an hour.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=memewest;6909092]

Meme, I didn't know you were supposed to get an e-mail from HOC when your meds got there.
Mine finally got sent on 17th and according to the doctors were signed for on 20th so I am guessing that like Catherine I am looking at 3 weeks or so then there should be some contact from a case officer (if previous experience can be used as a guide). There is absolutely nothing I can do during this time as I am on holiday until 21st November so I am going to try and keep chilled by a pool in Jamaica.
It's only really been since the meds have been sent that my OH is finally believing that this might really happen, so far it's just been me collecting some papers together and going for a medical.

It will happen when it happens, using Catherine's 3 weeks + 1 day rule for the meds takes me to the 11th November which is my birthday.

Charlene
Old Oct 25th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=CharleneG;6909519]
Originally Posted by memewest

Meme, I didn't know you were supposed to get an e-mail from HOC when your meds got there.

You don't get an email from HOC. However you can find the HOC information on the DIAC website and send a note of enquiry. The problem with that is they only look a the online (ie opened) stuff - if it doesn't show up in the computer, it's not there! When they told me that with our MEDS, I was shocked! It made me worry all the more that they had gotten lost. Then I received another email stating that they hadn't gotten to that date yet. So I calmed down a little.

Mine finally got sent on 17th and according to the doctors were signed for on 20th so I am guessing that like Catherine I am looking at 3 weeks or so then there should be some contact from a case officer (if previous experience can be used as a guide). There is absolutely nothing I can do during this time as I am on holiday until 21st November so I am going to try and keep chilled by a pool in Jamaica.
It's only really been since the meds have been sent that my OH is finally believing that this might really happen, so far it's just been me collecting some papers together and going for a medical.

It will happen when it happens, using Catherine's 3 weeks + 1 day rule for the meds takes me to the 11th November which is my birthday.

Charlene
Charlene - You know what they say about lightning striking twice. I wouldn't hold my breath that they'll pick up your file the day after MEDS cleared.

I had expected that they would assign a CO the day after I uploaded PCCS because it happened to someone else - but it didn't.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by benlast
Just to be flash... an update from Singpore airport 12 hours is a bloody long flight... now we have to sit around and wait for the next one...

Zzzzzz
b
Ben,
Can picture you using those internet terminals at Singapore airport - used 'em myself. What an amazing airport that is!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

It will also be interesting to see the maximum and minimum time DIAC took for visa grant in major subclasses. Following information is based on 530 visa grants by DIAC during the 18 months preceding 24/10/08 as reported on BE Update:

LONGEST AND QUICKEST VISA GRANTS!!

Subclass 175

Longest – 13.2 months, MODL paper, appl 10/9/07, grant 10/10/08, fitter
Quickest – 1.2 months, MODL online, appl 1/9/07, grant 7/10/07, quantity surveyor

Subclass 176

Longest – 13.1 months, online, appl 5/6/07, grant 3/7/08, interior designer
Quickest – 2.4 months, online, appl 3/9/07, grant 14/11/07, IT manager

Subclass 136

Longest – 16.4 months, MODL paper, appl 24/4/07, grant 28/8/08, network security
Quickest – 2.9 months, MODL online, appl 4/6/07, grant 30/8/07, mental health nurse

As you can see, there is hope! The longest is after all not that long. You can reasonably expect to get a visa in around 13 months, even if you are from a high risk country (assuming that there are also people from high risk countries in the 530 visas I have counted on BE Update). Its also pleasing to see that DIAC is more or less delivering within its service standards (you can refer to my earlier post on average processing time for more evidence).
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

jane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to alljane99 is a name known to all

Thanks for this. Am about to submit my application. Someone told me today that it would take 18 months! So reassuring to see that may be wrong.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 1:19 am
Just Joined

lyndrews is an unknown quantity at this point

Add me to the list!

Perth here we come
Old Oct 26th 2008, 1:20 am
Just Joined

lyndrews is an unknown quantity at this point

Teacher
Old Oct 26th 2008, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jane99
Thanks for this. Am about to submit my application. Someone told me today that it would take 18 months! So reassuring to see that may be wrong.
These timelines are based on visas already granted. However, if you look at the trend, DIAC is taking increasingly longer time to issue visas nowadays. Please look at the average processing times I have posted earlier on this thread.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Smith Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caliburn
These timelines are based on visas already granted. However, if you look at the trend, DIAC is taking increasingly longer time to issue visas nowadays. Please look at the average processing times I have posted earlier on this thread.
Hi new to this thread, but glad to find fellow April 08 applicants.

Whilst reading the processing times think we are one of the lucky ones!! visas granted Sept. 08 - 175. Really can't believe it as we weren't expecting them til next year!

Excited and desperately trying to sell our house, fingers crossed! It may be a trip out to validate visas and return if we cant sell in time.

Will keep in touch Jen x
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Smith Family
Hi new to this thread, but glad to find fellow April 08 applicants.

Whilst reading the processing times think we are one of the lucky ones!! visas granted Sept. 08 - 175. Really can't believe it as we weren't expecting them til next year!

Excited and desperately trying to sell our house, fingers crossed! It may be a trip out to validate visas and return if we cant sell in time.

Will keep in touch Jen x
Thanks for joining the April Thread - from one Smith Family to the other!

Catherine
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:51 am
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Yep great news on your quick visa grant Smiths!!!! Good luck with your plans!!

On another note time differences today - really weird how the times have changed the goalposts for checking your online status.

Am I correct is saying that assuming ASPC is open from 9-5 there opening hours are now 10:30pm - 6:30am UK time??? So when you wake up in the morning and check your status you know that it may not change for the rest of that day? As I believe that Adelaide is now 10 HRS 30 MINS ahead of UK.....
Old Oct 27th 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wez and Chris
Yep great news on your quick visa grant Smiths!!!! Good luck with your plans!!

On another note time differences today - really weird how the times have changed the goalposts for checking your online status.

Am I correct is saying that assuming ASPC is open from 9-5 there opening hours are now 10:30pm - 6:30am UK time??? So when you wake up in the morning and check your status you know that it may not change for the rest of that day? As I believe that Adelaide is now 10 HRS 30 MINS ahead of UK.....
When you check your online status, click on 'view entitlement' even though there is no entitlement yet! Anyway, it tells you the time in Aus, and date.
From what i can remember they are 11 hours in front of us. So 9-5 for them is 10pm-6am for us!! right?? i think....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.