April 2008 Applicants

Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by chasmw
Thank you for your kind words...it is really frustrating, but I guess it's water under the bridge.

Anyway - dumb question time (I haven't asked one in months, so I guess I'm due one!). How do you know when the Meds have arrived in Sydney? Mine were sent by Royal Mail (not a courier), so I can't check them that way. Does something change on your document checklist? i.e. how did Tiger know for example, that it was 21 days from getting to Sydney, to then being cleared? Thanks!!
Ours was sent Snail Mail too...

They were posted on a tuesday and on the thursday the tracking said they had been sent to the overseas postal service for delivery in Australia, which i'm guessing meant they had left the UK and were in the hands of the Aussie post.
If i went online to royal mail now it still says the same thing.

If i was a really patient person, then i would wait until i saw some change to our Visa Status, as i am most definately impatient, i have emailed HOC to see if they have recieved them. That was tuesday just gone i think, heard nothing from them yet!!

Think that Tiger's were sent by Courier which you can track all the way to HOC and have the date they were signed for. This is the bum with royal mail in that you can only track them until they leave the country...
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:22 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by caliburn
While it will never be as good as Catherine's updates, here is a humble effort below. This is based on BE Updates only.
Hey Caliburn,

Sorry about the move, thought it would be good to move the update to a different month so that it moves along as time goes on.

I have kept an eye out on the threads being posted also, I am becoming obsessed but it helps with the wait! Unfortunatley not everyone puts their details on BEupdate, there is usually a few approvals here every week that don't get recognised on that website. So hopefully the update I do reflects all the grants on both websites. Warning though, it can become an addiction!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
L
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lilsweets
Hey Caliburn,

Sorry about the move, thought it would be good to move the update to a different month so that it moves along as time goes on.

I have kept an eye out on the threads being posted also, I am becoming obsessed but it helps with the wait! Unfortunatley not everyone puts their details on BEupdate, there is usually a few approvals here every week that don't get recognised on that website. So hopefully the update I do reflects all the grants on both websites. Warning though, it can become an addiction!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
L
I liked your lively updates and will not duplicate the effort.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:11 am
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by memewest
Ours was sent Snail Mail too...

They were posted on a tuesday and on the thursday the tracking said they had been sent to the overseas postal service for delivery in Australia, which i'm guessing meant they had left the UK and were in the hands of the Aussie post.
If i went online to royal mail now it still says the same thing.

If i was a really patient person, then i would wait until i saw some change to our Visa Status, as i am most definately impatient, i have emailed HOC to see if they have recieved them. That was tuesday just gone i think, heard nothing from them yet!!

Think that Tiger's were sent by Courier which you can track all the way to HOC and have the date they were signed for. This is the bum with royal mail in that you can only track them until they leave the country...
I have just had a look at ours and they took 8 days from posting to being received at HOC Sydney.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough

hi new to thread applied on a 175 in April ack 9th recieved case number and heard nothing since, did medicals and police checks this week so hopefully there will be no hold up, i am paperbased which i understand is far behind in processing, should be a straight forward case me 24yrs nurse have job offer as well. husband 25 welder 2 daughters 1yr and 3 yrs. i hate waiting its so hard.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:24 am
Good luck to all

Wez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the roughWez and Chris is a jewel in the rough

Hey there

Appeciate the thing with meds we didnt go snail mail - which is a good thing really as I have not patience used to think I had loads but obviously not if the last 2 weeks is anything to go by!!!

My meds took 7 days from actual appointment to being received at Sydney which was 10th Oct I am now 2 weeks into meds land waiting to be approved and might I say its been the longest 2 weeks of my life Anxious smiles anyway

Tig you figured out the rhyming slang Murray - curry get it!!! that is why they said you need a lesson on rhyming slang!! Murray rhymes with curry ok one final test based on that scenario if I said "dog and bone" what do you think that is .... come on tiger you are disadvantaged in this case but how well could you come back how many people on this site would guess american slang!!!!

Go girl!!!!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:29 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

I liked your lively updates
Thank you for your kind words, I certainly will endeavour to do a good job!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Out of curiosity, I have tried to run a few averages on the visa grants reported in BE Update during the last 18 months. Here is a snapshot -

AVERAGE NUMBER OF MONTHS TAKEN FROM APPLICATION TO VISA GRANT:

Subclass - 175

All - 7.0 months
MODL - 7.1 months
MODLOnline - 6.8 months
MODL Paper - 9.8 months
Online - 6.7 months
Paper - 9.1 months
Visa Grant Before June 08 - 5.3 months
Visa Grant After June 08 - 7.4 months

Subclass - 176

All - 7.7 months
MODL - 7.5 months
MODL Online - 7.3 months
MODL Paper - 10.4 months
Online - 7.7 months
Paper - 8.7 months
Visa Grant Before June 08 - 7.2 months
Visa Grant After June 08 - 7.8 months

Subclass - 136

All - 8.5 months
MODL - 8.4 months
MODL Online - 8.3 months
MODL Paper - 11.9 months
Online - 8.0 months
Paper - 11.9 months
Visa Grant Before June 08 - 7.7 months
Visa Grant After June 08 - 11.9 months
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:11 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tiger222
WOW!! That's real!!

Have a great flight and log in to let us know how things are going!

Catherine
Just to be flash... an update from Singpore airport 12 hours is a bloody long flight... now we have to sit around and wait for the next one...

Zzzzzz
b
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

I have just discovered that lilsweets is doing a much better update on July 08 thread. Thanks.
None the less your efforts are to be applauded!! Thanks so much for posting an update caliburn!!!

That was really sweet!

Catherine
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by benlast
Just to be flash... an update from Singpore airport 12 hours is a bloody long flight... now we have to sit around and wait for the next one...

Zzzzzz
b
Not long now ben!! nearly there...
Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:08 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Out of curiosity, I have tried to run a few averages on the visa grants reported in BE Update during the last 18 months. Here is a snapshot -

Subclass - 175

All - 7.0 months
MODL - 7.1 months
MODLOnline - 6.8 months
MODL Paper - 9.8 months
Online - 6.7 months
Paper - 9.1 months

Subclass - 176

All - 7.7 months
MODL - 7.5 months
MODL Online - 7.3 months
MODL Paper - 10.4 months
Online - 7.7 months
Paper - 8.7 months

Subclass - 136

All - 8.5 months
MODL - 8.4 months
MODL Online - 8.3 months
MODL Paper - 11.9 months
Online - 8.0 months
Paper - 11.9 months
Wow we came in well under that. We applied for 176 MODL Family Sponsored on 7 June 2008 and got our visa on 20 October 2008. Well done on working that lot out.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by memewest

Mine were sent by courier and I could track (and obsess) about where they were and how long they'd been there.

Catherine
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:22 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

Out of curiosity, I have tried to run a few averages on the visa grants reported in BE Update during the last 18 months.
I told you it was addictive! Fantastic effort, I have to admit attempting to do this a couple of months ago but I was slowly going crazy so had to stop! Even with the help of Excel and all its formula's, it is a tough job.

So well done, seriously good info which everyone can benefit from.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Subclass - 175

All - 7.0 months
MODL - 7.1 months
MODLOnline - 6.8 months
MODL Paper - 9.8 months
Online - 6.7 months
Paper - 9.1 months

Subclass - 176

All - 7.7 months
MODL - 7.5 months
MODL Online - 7.3 months
MODL Paper - 10.4 months
Online - 7.7 months
Paper - 8.7 months

Subclass - 136

All - 8.5 months
MODL - 8.4 months
MODL Online - 8.3 months
MODL Paper - 11.9 months
Online - 8.0 months
Paper - 11.9 months
The June 08 Must be June 07 - correct? After all it's not been 11.9 months since June 08.....?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.