April 2008 Applicants

Old May 12th 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by De Mange
Hi Charlene,

Melbourne....no kids....beach....you should be looking at St Kilda (beach with nightlife) or, just next to it, Elwood (beach with no nightlife). If youve got a few quid you could head a few k's further round the bay to plush Brighton.

I too an am accountant and spent a bit time living and working in Melb on a WHV. Plenty job opportunities in Melb but be aware that the industry can be a tad seasonal as all of the year ends (accounts and tax) are 30 June which can lead to quiet spells if you are in practice.
Thanks for the advice.
I work in industry, not the bean counting technical stuff so I'm hoping the transition from UK to Oz will be fairly straight forward. I made the chaoice by doing a few searches on a couple of job sites and the 2nd highest number of jobs for the sort of thing that I do after Sydney were in Melbourne. I guessed it was as scientific as you can get in these circumstances. As OH works in recruitment we figured he just needs a city to work in.
I've got quite a bit of info on Melbourne but it's difficult to make your mind up about a particular area when you don't know where you are going to be working and the last thing I want to do is repeat the 1 and a 1/2 hour commute I have now.
We just want to reduce our mortgage but not our standard of living and we believe we can do it in Melbourne.
So for now it's a case of keep an open mind and just accept what life throws at me and supress the control freak part of my character
Seriously though, I fully accept there are going to be large parts of this whole process which I am not going to be able to control and I just have to accept it and go with the flow. You never know, it might actually help reduce my stress levels if I can!

OH copes by planning the route to Oz. The last I heard it's going to take us about a month and we are touring the USA / Canada on the way!

Charlene
Old May 13th 2008, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CharleneG
Seriously though, I fully accept there are going to be large parts of this whole process which I am not going to be able to control and I just have to accept it and go with the flow. You never know, it might actually help reduce my stress levels if I can!
I can relate to that. OH was just complaining last night that he would like more control!!

Originally Posted by CharleneG
OH copes by planning the route to Oz. The last I heard it's going to take us about a month and we are touring the USA / Canada on the way!

Charlene
Great, as you come through, can you take a few bags for our family!
Old May 13th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

hi all
we are a family of 4 at the moment but will be 5 in about 11 week me partner and 2 boys 8 and 3 we lodged on 10th with agent but have'nt heard anything since we have our house on the market but no offers yet gettin sick now

carlz x
Old May 14th 2008, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
hi all
we are a family of 4 at the moment but will be 5 in about 11 week me partner and 2 boys 8 and 3 we lodged on 10th with agent but have'nt heard anything since we have our house on the market but no offers yet gettin sick now

carlz x
WOW, Kevncarlz, you sure do have a LOT going on!!! Did the agent Lodge the application on the 10th or you provided your information to Agent on the 10th?

CONGRATS on the soon to be new addition - if you want your house to sell - just wait for it to be inconvenient! Do you know if it's a boy or girl? Any names picked out?
Old May 14th 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK, so anyone have an opinion of the Form 80? As an online applicant for the 175, do we need to complete this form? It's not on the checklist?

Any insight would be appreciated.
Old May 14th 2008, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anyone else Lodge their Visa Application in April? There sure seems to be a long list on the BE timeline site....
Old May 14th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Tiger......you feeling a little lonely on here??

where is everybody??

We've done online 175 but May not April as you know, and am in two minds whether to do form 80 or no. May just fill them out when i have the time....lol that'll be never then.... so if asked for them, have them ready.....but it wasn't on my checklist either....

How come it still says that our documents are required when i have attached them and they say they are attached?? Although, still waiting for OH to get his photo done.... got his haircut last week!!
Old May 15th 2008, 2:11 am
nja
Forum Regular

nja is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tiger222
OK, so anyone have an opinion of the Form 80? As an online applicant for the 175, do we need to complete this form? It's not on the checklist?

Any insight would be appreciated.
My agent said it was mandatory and wouldn't submit the visa until my OH and I (the applicant) had filled out Form 80. Really it wasn't that bad, a lot of duplicate info but fairly easy.

- n
Old May 15th 2008, 5:57 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by memewest
where is everybody??
Waiting And occupying the waiting time in a variety of useful and gainful tasks, probably. Not, of course, that posting on BE isn't useful and gainful... I'm sure it must be, somehow.

We haven't even seen Form 80 (until I just downloaded it for a look), so I've just asked my agent to clarify whether we do need to fill it in and, if not, why we don't need to.

Cheers
b
Old May 15th 2008, 7:58 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by benlast
...I've just asked my agent to clarify whether we do need to fill in Form 80...
Well, it's certainly not mandatory for a 175, because we don't need to fill it in (confirmed by agent).

Cheers
b
Old May 15th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

WAYHEY!!! Way to go Ben.....we're on a 175 also, so perhaps i won't try and find the time to fill it in!!!
Old May 15th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

where is everybody??
Yes, I'm feeling a little lonely on here. Look at the BE timeline and see how many people Lodged their Visa in April - yet we only have heard from a handful! I keep thinking that if I keep the Thread close to the top of the list, more will come.

How come it still says that our documents are required when i have attached them and they say they are attached?? Although, still waiting for OH to get his photo done.... got his haircut last week!!
I asked that question on the February list.....they said it will be that way until we get a CO. My understanding is that when the meds are sent in, that information changes to processed quite quickly. Don't know from experience.

Although, still waiting for OH to get his photo done.... got his haircut last week!!
He's taking one step at a time!!! Too Funny!!
Old May 15th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by benlast
Well, it's certainly not mandatory for a 175, because we don't need to fill it in (confirmed by agent).

Cheers
b
Ben's agent said - Not necessary!!!

Originally Posted by nja
My agent said it was mandatory and wouldn't submit the visa until my OH and I (the applicant) had filled out Form 80. Really it wasn't that bad, a lot of duplicate info but fairly easy.

- n
NJA's agent said - Mandatory for 175

See why I'm confused?!?!?!

But I'm leaning toward not doing it

WAYHEY!!! Way to go Ben.....we're on a 175 also, so perhaps i won't try and find the time to fill it in!!!
I'll do like you meme - not find the time!
Old May 15th 2008, 9:22 am
Citizen Of The World

NJA's agent said - Mandatory for 175
Hmmm... I understood NJA's post to mean that their agent said it was mandatory for NJA to do it. All I know is that it can't be mandatory for every 175 (or I would have had to do it). It may be mandatory for some.

I knew that grounding in logic would come in useful some day...

Cheers
St Thomas Aquinas

Last edited by benlast; May 15th 2008 at 9:22 am. Reason: Spelin eror
Old May 15th 2008, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

He's taking one step at a time!!! Too Funny!!

I'm getting there with him, slowly.... you know what it's like, all done apart from this final thing, the big momentum do get the doc's attached has waned a little....I wanted them all done before we went away at the weekend and he didn't manage it, now that urgency has gone for now....will start to return when he realises that his 28 days are counting down, fast!!!

Being an Honorary Member of the April Thread...(I like that!!) we'll keep this bumped up.....

As for form 80, think will just have to wait and see.......

Just started to absolutely pi** down with rain in sunny somerset........have had the most fantastic weather mind!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.