April 2008 Applicants

Old May 10th 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

heamish will become famous soon enough
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

I applied online on the 27 Apr and have got Police Checks back there yesterday 09 May 2008. Also sat Medicals yesterday which should be on their way pretty soon. I've front loaded everything as I want to get going ASAP and don't want to lose any time after the CO is assigned which could be 4-5 months down the line. Any more word on the news that Immigration are about to speed up the application process. Is this just for onshore or sponsored applications or does it apply accross the board. Welcome to the April 2008 applicants division.
Ta Raa for now,
Heamish
Old May 11th 2008, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by memewest
Hi Lin, I don't really know anything about any agents, we're going it alone! As long as 'he' is MARA registered, am sure you'll be fine...
We only told my side of the family last week after we had passed the skills assessment, so totally know how your feeling about not having told all the family, OH's family have known for longer..to my surprise, everyone is fine about it and said that it's no surprise...

Whats with the Ex-wife then?? can she not 'let go'?

My OH's bruv lives in Newcastle, NSW, with his Aussie wife and 4mth old daughter, and there is a great possibilty of my OH getting IT work there so will look for somewhere around that region. Just myself, OH, and 2 kids, Elizabeth, 7yrs and James 5yrs....I have 2 older daughters from my first marriage who are not coming, one of whom made me a grandma 8wks ago...gorgeous grandson, Jak.
Congratulations, Grandma!!
Old May 12th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Calling all April 2008 VISA applicants, I know you're out there! Come post and introduce yourselves!

Begin with date you lodged your Visa - elodged or paperbased? Whether all supporting documents were uploaded (elodged)
Old May 12th 2008, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tiger222
Calling all April 2008 VISA applicants, I know you're out there! Come post and introduce yourselves!

Begin with date you lodged your Visa - elodged or paperbased? Whether all supporting documents were uploaded (elodged)
I'll start:

We are a family of 6 living in the USA. Husband, myself, and 4 children ages 10, 7, 5, and 1 1/2. Husband is the primary applicant.

We elodged on April 2. I uploaded all our documents on April 5. Actually, I should get used to the "correct" way to post dates. Lodged 02/04 and uploaded documents 05/04.

We have requested our PCCs. We have our Meds booked for June 21.

Who is next?
Old May 12th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by heamish
I applied online on the 27 Apr and have got Police Checks back there yesterday 09 May 2008. Also sat Medicals yesterday which should be on their way pretty soon. I've front loaded everything as I want to get going ASAP and don't want to lose any time after the CO is assigned which could be 4-5 months down the line. Any more word on the news that Immigration are about to speed up the application process. Is this just for onshore or sponsored applications or does it apply accross the board. Welcome to the April 2008 applicants division.
Ta Raa for now,
Heamish
Welcome to the April 2008 thread, Heamish.

The only information we have on the "speed up" is what you read in the article that was posted.

Good luck on getting the Meds posted quickly. Just keep checking on them.
Old May 12th 2008, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nja
most likely selling, but the FL housing market is dead. Working on the house, will put in on the markt around end of June
We're working on our house to sell too, NJA. In the short term, I'll put it up for rent and see what becomes of that. Otherwise we're hoping to put the house up for sale at the end of June too.
Old May 12th 2008, 11:50 am
nja
Forum Regular

nja is an unknown quantity at this point

We are a family of 5 living in the USA. Wife, myself, and 3 children ages 11, 5, and 23. My eldest is not on our application but hopes to join us at a later date. I am the primary applicant.

We elodged on 04/04 using an agent.

We were advised by our agent to delay our PCCs and medical until the CO request them. We will, however, probably request both about 4 months into the process, i.e. around 04/08 to optomize the visa process and maximize the window to certify the visa. The latter is important to allow a good window to sell our home.

- nja

Last edited by nja; May 12th 2008 at 11:53 am.
Old May 12th 2008, 11:55 am
nja
Forum Regular

nja is an unknown quantity at this point

We're working on our house to sell too, NJA. In the short term, I'll put it up for rent and see what becomes of that. Otherwise we're hoping to put the house up for sale at the end of June too.
We had a quote to paint the house this weekend (inside and out). Wow, rediculously expensive, I guess I have a lot of painting to do before the end of June.

- nja
Old May 12th 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

De Mange will become famous soon enoughDe Mange will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CharleneG
Although I lodged our application early on April, I have only just got round to looking for this thread today.

So hello everyone.

I lodged online on 6th April but had issues with the website and could not upload any documents. I got the acknowledgement e-mail on the 7th but have only got round to sending the documents today as we didn't have any passport photo's (we took our own, I hope that's allowed!).

So, enough about the boring stuff.
I am Charlene, the main applicant as I am an an accountant and it's on the MODL so I've been lucky enough to scrape the 120 points without the need for the scary sounding English test. OH is a recruitment consultant and hates filling in forms so he's really happy all this is going through in my name
We are waiting for the CO before we submit the meds and police checks but I will force OH to fill in the Form 80 and we will submit those before a CO is assigned.

We have decorated , decluttered, made an ebay pile and cleaned the house ready to put it on the market hopefully this week. Then it's fingers crossed time.

We are intially thinking Melbourne but as we have no kids we can pretty much please ourselves, it's just a case opf picking somewhere with job opportunities for both of us with the right lifestyle to match (OH wants beach!).

Goos luck to everyone and let keep this thread going!

Charlene
Hi Charlene,

Melbourne....no kids....beach....you should be looking at St Kilda (beach with nightlife) or, just next to it, Elwood (beach with no nightlife). If youve got a few quid you could head a few k's further round the bay to plush Brighton.

I too an am accountant and spent a bit time living and working in Melb on a WHV. Plenty job opportunities in Melb but be aware that the industry can be a tad seasonal as all of the year ends (accounts and tax) are 30 June which can lead to quiet spells if you are in practice.
Old May 12th 2008, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nja
We had a quote to paint the house this weekend (inside and out). Wow, rediculously expensive, I guess I have a lot of painting to do before the end of June.

- nja
Hmm....I need a outside paint quote. Can't do that myself as I'm afraid of heights.
Old May 12th 2008, 4:14 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nja
We're just in the middle having ours done, before tenants move in. However, since my brother-in-law is a painter and decorator, we have an advantage

On the whole, though, letting does seem to be easier than selling, in the market as it is now, in the UK.

Cheers
b
Old May 12th 2008, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

robandkath has a spectacular aura aboutrobandkath has a spectacular aura aboutrobandkath has a spectacular aura about

hi all
we are a family of 5 me, wife and 3 boys 9,12,13 from middlesbrough lodged e visa 175 skilled independent (im a carpenter) 5/april we r using a agent police checks done , meds all to be done this month and house goes on the market thursday looking at queensland area .
Old May 12th 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by robandkath
hi all
we are a family of 5 me, wife and 3 boys 9,12,13 from middlesbrough lodged e visa 175 skilled independent (im a carpenter) 5/april we r using a agent police checks done , meds all to be done this month and house goes on the market thursday looking at queensland area .
Welcome Rob and Kath -

Another family headed to Queensland.

That's where we'd like to go to. Probably have to stick close to Brisbane CBD due to OH's work.

Have you told your boys, yet? What was their response?

Good luck with the house! Keep us posted.
Old May 12th 2008, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

robandkath has a spectacular aura aboutrobandkath has a spectacular aura aboutrobandkath has a spectacular aura about

hi tiger222
yeah told boys what seems ages ago there respose carnt we go now they r looking forward to it and carnt wait
Old May 12th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by robandkath
hi tiger222
yeah told boys what seems ages ago there respose carnt we go now they r looking forward to it and carnt wait
That's great. I thought since they are in their teens, there might be more resistance. Good news!

Have you given any thoughts to schools? Done any research on the topic?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.