British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   April 2008 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/april-2008-applicants-529427/)

kaznie Aug 30th 2008 2:17 am

Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by sharkiebites (Post 6728088)
tiger tiger
you wont believe it im in total shock !:ohmy:!!!! paperbased april 28th im the luckiest person alive, must give all hope,ive got my co (and my meds and p/c s are on the way), i no im totally shocked and it must give all hope( so sorry for all those ive jumped)

the pile must of been knocked over again,
so im off to see my girlfriend in 2 weeks, ive 2 job interviews in that time, come back for hopefully about 6 weeks then off for good

yes yes yes yes yes :eek::thumbup:
chris

Congratulations!!!
Are you from UK?

T-bird Aug 30th 2008 7:24 am

Originally Posted by sharkiebites (Post 6728088)
tiger tiger
you wont believe it im in total shock !:ohmy:!!!! paperbased april 28th im the luckiest person alive, must give all hope,ive got my co (and my meds and p/c s are on the way), i no im totally shocked and it must give all hope( so sorry for all those ive jumped)

the pile must of been knocked over again,
so im off to see my girlfriend in 2 weeks, ive 2 job interviews in that time, come back for hopefully about 6 weeks then off for good

yes yes yes yes yes :eek::thumbup:
chris

Hoorah, hoorah, hoorah! Well done! One by one, it is our turn! Enjoy the celebrations...

sharkiebites Aug 30th 2008 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by kaznie (Post 6730117)
Congratulations!!!
Are you from UK?

thanks all for the congrats
i am still in th3e clouds and celebrating
yep im from the uk kaznie
cheers all
fingers crossed
chris

kaznie Aug 30th 2008 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by sharkiebites (Post 6731417)
thanks all for the congrats
i am still in th3e clouds and celebrating
yep im from the uk kaznie
cheers all
fingers crossed
chris

Thanks chris,
I wonder if the applicants from UK have special precedence.:confused:
I'm running out of patience...:curse:

-Kaz

jaq4chop Aug 30th 2008 9:43 pm

Hi Kaz,
Which country are you in?

cheers Jaq

kaznie Aug 31st 2008 1:44 am

Originally Posted by jaq4chop (Post 6732290)
Hi Kaz,
Which country are you in?

cheers Jaq

I'm from Tokyo, Japan.:thumbup: I'm a bit worried cause I haven't heard grant announcements that are not from UK lately.:( I don't see any one from Asian country around here anyways. I might be overreacting.:p

vlooi Aug 31st 2008 5:00 am

Originally Posted by kaznie (Post 6732847)
I'm from Tokyo, Japan.:thumbup: I'm a bit worried cause I haven't heard grant announcements that are not from UK lately.:( I don't see any one from Asian country around here anyways. I might be overreacting.:p

You are not overreacting...;)The UK is considered as a low risk country and seems to have priority processing. I have no idea what Japan falls under. I am working in the UK and applied on 19 Jan 2008 for a 175 MODL, but as my passport is from a high risk country, no CO, no visa, nothing!:( My fellow applicants of my country of origin who are getting their visas NOW is from the end of November 2007...:frown:

Sushi Aug 31st 2008 12:52 pm

Hey Kaz, I am from Japan too. Applied 175 non-MODL on 19 April 2008.
Japan is one of the low-risk countries as well and there shouldn't be any difference from UK applicants. But there does seem to be priorities given to UK applicants from what I see on this website. Oh well, what can we do?

Let's hope to start seeing lots of visa grant to our fellow April applicants soon!!!!:rofl:

vanessandave Aug 31st 2008 5:29 pm

Hi Kaznie, vlooi and sushi (I hope I got your names right), it's good to hear your experiences, I hope you don't have to wait too much longer:D.
We are from the UK and submitted our application in April but don't expect to hear anything for a few months yet. Our emigration agent tells us there is an average 8 month wait at the moment, hopefully the new processing centre in Brisbane will take some of the pressure off Adelaide so these times will come down. I'm encouraged by hearing visas being given in much shorter timescales on this website, but I'm not sure if this is because the applicant is from the Uk, or if the applicant has a skill which is particularly in need, or is it just pure luck....I guess we will never know :unsure:

Anyway, all the best and I hope you settle in Australia quickly!

Dave

tiger222 Sep 1st 2008 9:28 am

Unofficial Visa Update
1 September Monday

It's a holiday here in USA - Could be an excuse for DIAC Australia...

1 December 2007 Applicant 176 :thumbsup:

1 for THIS Week :thumbsup:

71 for Month of AUGUST

tiger222 Sep 1st 2008 9:30 am

I think you're over reacting.

I reported on a person from South America with a Visa Grant a few weeks ago. I was a little surprised by that - as this site is "BRITISH" so it's unusual to see anyone from other parts of the world - or so I thought. I'm from USA.

nja Sep 1st 2008 4:00 pm

Interesting....

SYDNEY: Australia is likely to face a crippling shortage in information technology professionals unless policies are changed, a new study has found.

A report by Australian Computer Society (ACS) released last week showed the shortage could grow by 29 per cent by 2010 to over 14,500 full-time positions. This could increase to over 25,000 by 2020.

"Even using the most optimistic forecasts for levels of domestic graduates and of migration into Australia, IT skills shortages will continue or get worse at least until 2012," said John Atkinson, who heads Charles Stuart University's (CSU) School of Business and Information Technology.

"This is a worrying trend considering the strategic importance of IT sector to the Australian economy. According to 2006 data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, IT is one of the main contributors to productivity gains in all sectors of the Australian economy.

"It is also economically more significant than agriculture, defence, education and mining, with over five percent of Australia's full-time professionals and technicians employed in ICT," he added.

- The Economic Times

tiger222 Sep 1st 2008 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by nja (Post 6737774)
Interesting....

SYDNEY: Australia is likely to face a crippling shortage in information technology professionals unless policies are changed, a new study has found.

A report by Australian Computer Society (ACS) released last week showed the shortage could grow by 29 per cent by 2010 to over 14,500 full-time positions. This could increase to over 25,000 by 2020.

- The Economic Times

Very interesting indeed, NJA!

Perhaps our dream of DH having a "work from home" IT job and we can live where ever we'd like will happen in Australia. It certainly makes you wonder why they aren't moving quicker on getting qualified IT applicants approved!

Any word on your application? Have you scheduled your medicals. I know you had said that you were going to wait until September.

benlast Sep 1st 2008 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6737841)
Very interesting indeed, NJA!
Perhaps our dream of DH having a "work from home" IT job and we can live where ever we'd like will happen in Australia.

Definitely interesting. I'll be doing the work-from-home thing for a while in Perth... nice to know that there's the demand for IT staff in case things don't quite work out!

Cheers
b

memewest Sep 1st 2008 5:13 pm

Hey Ben *waves*

How you doing?? Not heard anything from you for a while.....perhaps your doing the same thing as me and....

waiting, waiting, waiting........mmmmmmmmm