April 2008 Applicants

Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

T-bird will become famous soon enoughT-bird will become famous soon enough
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by tiger222
This house around the corner from me was initially listed for $345,000 US. Then they dropped the price to $324,000.

Today they dropped the price to $298,870 US. Also a house down from us just sold for $355,000 and they were asking $399,000.

With all this bad news and with the bad winter weather coming before we get the visa, we've decided to rent out the house instead of sell - at least for the 1st year. And we've decided to go in 2009. We'll see how the real estate market improves.
Hi Tiger
We're in a similar boat, planning to rent out the flat. We're busy saving money as we won't be able to get enough rent to cover the mortgage. Better to save it now than have to pay it when we're earning aussie dollars.

We're going to validate the visas in April and head over in July, travelling through Central and South America and arriving in September. Unless the economy totally nose-dives... when I gues we wouldn't be going anywhere.

But let's be hopeful. The papers are full of doom and gloom but no-one can predict the future.

T-bird
Old Aug 11th 2008, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

anthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant futureanthonyk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by T-bird
Hi Tiger
We're in a similar boat, planning to rent out the flat. We're busy saving money as we won't be able to get enough rent to cover the mortgage. Better to save it now than have to pay it when we're earning aussie dollars.

We're going to validate the visas in April and head over in July, travelling through Central and South America and arriving in September. Unless the economy totally nose-dives... when I gues we wouldn't be going anywhere.

But let's be hopeful. The papers are full of doom and gloom but no-one can predict the future.

T-bird
By the way things are looking now I think Australia would be one of the better places to be during an economic slump. The economy is largely commodity driven and high prices for stuff like iron ore and the nasties coal and uranium will insulate it quite a bit.

Unlike Britain it's not that tied up in the "credit crunch" crisis originating in America although the pain will and is obviously being felt. This raises the likelihood that the aussie economy and job market will be in better shape than for instance Britain and the US over the next couple of years. Plus the currency will probably remain strong for the same reasons. (which is a good thing if you're making down payments on a mortgage abroad, but not so nice if you're converting foreign money into A$)
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

T-bird will become famous soon enoughT-bird will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by anthonyk
By the way things are looking now I think Australia would be one of the better places to be during an economic slump. The economy is largely commodity driven and high prices for stuff like iron ore and the nasties coal and uranium will insulate it quite a bit.

Unlike Britain it's not that tied up in the "credit crunch" crisis originating in America although the pain will and is obviously being felt. This raises the likelihood that the aussie economy and job market will be in better shape than for instance Britain and the US over the next couple of years. Plus the currency will probably remain strong for the same reasons. (which is a good thing if you're making down payments on a mortgage abroad, but not so nice if you're converting foreign money into A$)
Hi Anthony
Thanks for the post - I completely agree. Also just been chatting to a friend who's been over from Melbourne, and she said that although they are feeling it a bit, because Australia is an island and not that global (e.g. NAB states itself as global but 85% of it's turnover comes from within Aus), they are less impacted. Also, I think their economy is impacted more by Asia, than the US. It could be a very good time to be making the move.
T-bird.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Dodge38 will become famous soon enough

HI...Not been on here for a while....no action today then?? Cant see any visas being granted????
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Unofficial Visa Update
12 August Tuesday

ZERO

5 for THIS WEEK....and Counting

Don't be discouraged guys - we had 5 yesterday

23 last week is the 2nd highest week since I've been keeping track.

I have a feeling I'll have to change this later.
I think we just haven't heard from the lucky Visa holders yet today

Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice

Lets hope so!!!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Tiger...There is always you to pick our spirits up!! Feeling a bit fed up as we were hoping that visas would be done by the end of the UK summer hols, as out daughter is due to start High School on Sept 2nd, which means buying all her school uniform (blazer, tie etc....)which she may only use for a few weeks/months and a lot of expense - the school are adamant that each child must be in full uniform, which is a bit of a shame!!

Apart from that the family are feeling quite chilled about the whole thing - we don't have the stress of selling our home, as we have already done that - only have to organise shipping 20 boxes of personal bits and pieces (no furniture) and sorting out banks etc...and a place to stay once we get there.

The only thing we have not submitted is the Australian Values form...are people submitting this prior to getting a CO????

Thanks
Dodge
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:18 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dodge38
The only thing we have not submitted is the Australian Values form...are people submitting this prior to getting a CO????
Hi,

I did attach a values statment to my application as it was just a simple case of printing it off and signing it. I would have kicked myself down the track if the whole approval process was delayed because I didn't do it. Form 80 was a giant pain to complete but again I would have been well annoyed with myself if they requested it later on.

It seems like they ask some people for it and others manage to avoid it, up to you!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

kaznie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lilsweets
Hi,

I did attach a values statment to my application as it was just a simple case of printing it off and signing it. I would have kicked myself down the track if the whole approval process was delayed because I didn't do it. Form 80 was a giant pain to complete but again I would have been well annoyed with myself if they requested it later on.

It seems like they ask some people for it and others manage to avoid it, up to you!
I remember that I clicked the check button for australian value statement at the very end page of online application form. But I'm not sure because I can't open that page after having submitted the form. Is there another statement I have to send to them when CO assigned?
Old Aug 12th 2008, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

I have read also that some people have had to do the Australian statement form and the long Form (80..I think) and some people haven't!! On our Document Checklist via 'Checking the progress of your Application' link - there is no mention of it on there and we never saw any indication that it needed filling out when we applied online, so am slightly confused. I know in the past when I have looked at the long Form 80, I felt that most things had been covered on that form during the whole online process e.g Applicants family details and addresses.

Dodge
Old Aug 12th 2008, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Ahhhh...Have just checked printed copy of our online application and we did indeed do the Values Statement as part of the application - we had to answer questions and confirm that we had read the information on 'Australian Values'...so no signature required as online - now going to compare form 80 with what we did online....

Dodge
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Yep....Everything on that form was included in online application from what I can see - so if they need it again I don't need to gather information again...it is all on my printed copy...so in otherwords I seem to have answered my own query - see that's what all this waiting does to you...you get so paranoid!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dodge
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

I haven't been on here for a while and then I do 4 posts in a row....I don't know about anyone else, but we get quite obsessed about the whole thing sometimes!!! Well anyway there does not seem to be much action at the mo!!

Dodge
Old Aug 13th 2008, 12:26 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Hey Tiger,

So two visa's to add to your count.

They were slow coming, thought it was going to be another day of zero approvals but at least there is still movement!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lilsweets
Hey Tiger,

So two visa's to add to your count.

They were slow coming, thought it was going to be another day of zero approvals but at least there is still movement!
Thanks, Lilsweets. I have to admit that after yesterday morning, we went a couple of hours north for a little vacation (getting the wood floors sanded/refinished). I brought the lappy, but the trackpad wasn't working so this morning I needed my BE fix - so went out to by a new mouse for the laptop! How obsessed is that. Can't even leave it alone on vacation!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.