British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   April 2008 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/april-2008-applicants-529427/)

chasmw Apr 25th 2008 7:49 am

Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by Lymm Mover (Post 6262003)
Agent logged ours at the beginning of the month.
Requested the Police checks and advied to apply for the medicals at the beginning of May.

We want to go to Brisbane (I am IT).

It has been stress all the way:

Will I pass the ACS assesment
Will I pass the English test
The British House Market has gone to pot
The Oz dollar to the pound is low
Will I pass the police checks
Will I pass the medicals
This is costing a bomb

The wife is wondering why I am distant and stressed

Am I the only one losing it?

Know exactly how you feel. It's like running a hurdle race and each time you reach one, praying you don't hit it and knock it over!

hanwilt Apr 25th 2008 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by kevncarlz (Post 6255776)
hi hannah

we applied with a agent and sent all our forms off on the 10th and got our acknowledgment on the 15th:D and they said it could take up to 6 month before we had to do the medicals and police checks because of all the bad log and amount of people applying:(

did you apply on line or with a agent?

kev and carly :thumbup:

Hi Kev and Carly,

We applied through an agent too. They said a similar thing. Now I have just read about sending medical forms to ASPC within 28 days. However up till now our agent has been brilliant so I have all my faith in her.

Lymover we are having the same concerns especially the housing market! To rent/to sell either way it will cost us money. We also have a daughter about to start school if we sell now where do we live? But we may just make more money!

But this is all very exciting. When I am in a panic I just think of the blue skies and beaches and the lifestyle .... Then i want it all now!

TinaandChris Apr 25th 2008 11:07 pm

Hi All
Chris found out today that he passed the carpentry trade assessment, and will hopefully hear back from the IELTS tomorrow, and then we too can press the button to send the 175 visa app:)
i filled it all in, then realised I couldn't save it, and as we don't have the IELts confirmation, I let it go:(
Will re do on Monday for sure. any advice on sendind documents and what is done about pages that require signatures?!!:confused:
And checklist and form 80????
Any help guys would be much appreciated.

Good luck to all

Tina:thumbsup:

Lymm Mover Apr 25th 2008 11:26 pm

Thanks all - I just thought t was me losing it.

I am sorry if I offend anyone, but it seems easier getting in this country than getting out. (don't mean to offend).

tiger222 Apr 26th 2008 1:11 am

Originally Posted by TinaandChris (Post 6267021)
Hi All
Chris found out today that he passed the carpentry trade assessment, and will hopefully hear back from the IELTS tomorrow, and then we too can press the button to send the 175 visa app:)
i filled it all in, then realised I couldn't save it, and as we don't have the IELts confirmation, I let it go:(
Will re do on Monday for sure. any advice on sendind documents and what is done about pages that require signatures?!!:confused:
And checklist and form 80????
Any help guys would be much appreciated.

Good luck to all

Tina:thumbsup:

On the e-lodge you couldn't save?

Did OH take IELTS and you don't have the results?

If e-lodge, sign, color scan and attach

memewest Apr 26th 2008 4:19 pm

Hello Everybody!! :thumbsup:

Here i am on the April 08 thread...:eek:

Submitting our visa app this evening..:D...just wanted to know, am i right in thinking i have 28 days from doing online visa app to uploading all the doc's requested?? I don't need 28 days, but do need a few for my OH to get a scanner from work and bring it home to get that job done!

tiger222 Apr 26th 2008 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by memewest (Post 6269016)
Hello Everybody!! :thumbsup:

Here i am on the April 08 thread...:eek:

Submitting our visa app this evening..:D...just wanted to know, am i right in thinking i have 28 days from doing online visa app to uploading all the doc's requested?? I don't need 28 days, but do need a few for my OH to get a scanner from work and bring it home to get that job done!

Meme

Happy to hear that you're on the way to lodging you visa app!:thumbsup:

Technically you have 28 days to upload the documents scanned in color. Practically, you have until you get a CO and even then, if you missed something, you'll be asked for it and given the opportunity to turn it in then. :thumbup:

memewest Apr 26th 2008 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6269377)
Meme

Happy to hear that you're on the way to lodging you visa app!:thumbsup:

Technically you have 28 days to upload the documents scanned in color. Practically, you have until you get a CO and even then, if you missed something, you'll be asked for it and given the opportunity to turn it in then. :thumbup:

Yo....Cheers Tiger......although the site is down at the moment so will have to wait for it to come back....:unsure:

chasmw Apr 27th 2008 9:52 am

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6269377)

I'm pleased that's the case as I've had to order long versions of my wife's and father-in-law's birth certificates. The FIL one needs to come from Ireland and there's a 4 week wait for that!

chasmw Apr 28th 2008 12:01 pm

On the BEupdate site http://www.beupdate.co.uk/visa.php?month=Apr&year=08 , there's a section for "Pre Ack’d" and one for "Ack & File Ref". Can anyone explain what these are referring to specifically?
I had in the email I received back the following info (I've over typed the personal info):

PRIMARY APPLICANT: CHRIS xxxxxxxxxxxxx
DATE OF BIRTH: dd/mm/yyyy
TRANSACTION RECORD NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
TRIM FILE REFERENCE:
PERMISSION REQUEST ID: xxxxxxxxxxx
LODGEMENT DATE: 21 April 2008

Is it the TRIM FILE REF I get next? What is that and is that what the "Ack & File Ref" is referring to?
Thanks.

tiger222 Apr 28th 2008 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by chasmw (Post 6276572)
On the BEupdate site http://www.beupdate.co.uk/visa.php?month=Apr&year=08 , there's a section for "Pre Ack’d" and one for "Ack & File Ref". Can anyone explain what these are referring to specifically?
I had in the email I received back the following info (I've over typed the personal info):

PRIMARY APPLICANT: CHRIS xxxxxxxxxxxxx
DATE OF BIRTH: dd/mm/yyyy
TRANSACTION RECORD NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
TRIM FILE REFERENCE:
PERMISSION REQUEST ID: xxxxxxxxxxx
LODGEMENT DATE: 21 April 2008

Is it the TRIM FILE REF I get next? What is that and is that what the "Ack & File Ref" is referring to?
Thanks.

Wow, Chris, you ask some tough questions. Perhaps someone on one of the "older" threads (Nov or Dec) will have some idea....

chasmw Apr 28th 2008 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6277154)
Wow, Chris, you ask some tough questions. Perhaps someone on one of the "older" threads (Nov or Dec) will have some idea....

Hee hee! I'm a Project Manager and I think I'm applying the same principles to the Visa Application as I do to my job! ;) I need to stop over analysing it!! :cool:

memewest Apr 28th 2008 3:58 pm

I think i may be having a 'blonde moment' again!!:eek:

my OH has been to Oz 3 times previously, the last time with us on a family holiday...now, there is a part online where you need to put in previous visa numbers that you have in your passports, old and new, and if you've had a visa which was electronic, then you have to give them your passport details...
I have entered both visa No.s for OH (there is only one box and separated them with a dash) and when i try to go to the next page it says that i have entered it wrong and to enter the last 11 digits where there is only 11 digits with the last one being a letter..:unsure:..anyone else had this problem?? I've also tried just entering just one of the previous Visa No.s and that didn't work either...:(
and seeing as i have already entered the passport details of everyone in the application, do i need to re-enter them in the Visa section as we all had ETA Visa's to visit Oz in Oct '06??
Gawd, questions, questions.....
and i have one more....:eek:
where you have to enter family, mine's a little complicated....:p mum & dad divorced, ok easy....dad re-married...she has 3 son's...i also have 4 adopted sisters and 1 adopted brother and no info on biological family....
Question - do i have to put my Dad's wife on the form and do i have to enter her son's details?? Can't stand her :mad: and don't know anything about her son's, all grown up with families....have no contact with Dad or his wife...is it ok just to put down Mum, Dad and 1 brother, 4sister's??

Ok OK, thats it, honest!!:rofl:

Til next time!!! :lol::eek::rofl:

benlast Apr 28th 2008 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by memewest (Post 6277692)
I think i may be having a 'blonde moment' again!!

Nah, that application form is enough to puzzle a professor of philosophy...

...there is a part online where you need to put in previous visa numbers that you have in your passports, old and new, and if you've had a visa which was electronic, then you have to give them your passport details...

Do you mean ETAs here? My agent advised me to put in the dates they were granted and to put "London" as the location (being the 'least wrong option'). ETA numbers don't match visa numbers so you can't enter them.

Question - do i have to put my Dad's wife on the form and do i have to enter her son's details??

I have a stepmum since my dad remarried, and thus have a stepsister and stepbrother. I had to put details of all of them.

Cheers
Ben

memewest Apr 28th 2008 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by benlast (Post 6277738)
Nah, that application form is enough to puzzle a professor of philosophy...

Do you mean ETAs here? My agent advised me to put in the dates they were granted and to put "London" as the location (being the 'least wrong option'). ETA numbers don't match visa numbers so you can't enter them.

I have a stepmum since my dad remarried, and thus have a stepsister and stepbrother. I had to put details of all of them.

Cheers
Ben

Hey.......how did you know that i am a professor of philosophy?? :rofl:

My OH has 2 paper visa's in his old passport and am having trouble entering the Visa No.s of them, and then we all have the ETA Visa's from our hol's....

Bu@@er....:( i suppose i'll have to speak to my dad and his wife as i don't know any of her's or her son's details, d.o.b.'s, and i had no intention of informing them of our intentions either...;)