April 2008 Applicants

Old Jul 26th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: January 2007 applicant

Originally Posted by okey
I applied in January for Visa subclass 136, though i had gotten CO and he requested for a document which i had sent for the past two months uptill now i have had from him.

Please how long does it take to finalise an application. when ever i sent an equiry they kept on telling me that my application is undergoing checks.

Okey
Sounds like you are close since you have CO. Perhaps the people they are checking with are slow to reply...
Old Jul 26th 2008, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

T-bird will become famous soon enoughT-bird will become famous soon enough
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

[QUOTE=tiger222;6613674]T-bird -

Also the Australia Values statement I've heard people need that for approval. It's Form 1281 I don't have a link for it - but if you do a search, you'll find it.

Tiger
When we submitted our application, I think it asked us to tick a box saying that we had read and understand the values statement. Do you (or anyone) know if that's sufficient?
T-bird
Old Jul 26th 2008, 9:57 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=T-bird;6615150]
Originally Posted by tiger222
When we submitted our application, I think it asked us to tick a box saying that we had read and understand the values statement. Do you (or anyone) know if that's sufficient?
Checking the Record of Responses for my 175 application, I did have to confirm that I (and anyone else over 18 on the application) had read, understood and would respect the Australian values. And I know (because I did check with my agent) that I don't need to sign any separate values statement.

Cheers
b
Old Jul 26th 2008, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=benlast;6615201]
Originally Posted by T-bird

Checking the Record of Responses for my 175 application, I did have to confirm that I (and anyone else over 18 on the application) had read, understood and would respect the Australian values. And I know (because I did check with my agent) that I don't need to sign any separate values statement.

Cheers
b
Benlast
Thanks for clarifying.
T-bird
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:46 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Not that I want to steal Tiger's thunder (as if I could match that dedication!) but a Feb applicant has a CO...

Interesting rate of acceleration here (for those mathematically inclined) - the latest date for which COs are being allocated is moving closer faster than calendar time. In other words, I have to go back to around the 8th of July on beupdate to see a CO allocated to a November applicant, and here we're seeing the first Feb applicant and it's only July the 28th. So they've worked through December and January in 20 days: ok, that's a gross oversimplification, but hopefully the point is clear.

So... if they just advanced at calendar time from now on... they might reach mid-April applicants in, say, two months. And we're planning on going in, er, two months. Might be an interesting October!

Cheers
b
Old Jul 27th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Unofficial VISA Update

YESTERDAY 3 Decembers on this site had reported they have COs
TODAY those 3 Decembers NOW HAVE VISAS!!!!

So.....Visa Grants for 23 July
4 December 2007 Applicants

and 1 FEBRUARY 2008 applicant with CO!!!

That's 9 for the Week so far
[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by benlast
Not that I want to steal Tiger's thunder (as if I could match that dedication!) but a Feb applicant has a CO...

I posted that fact that the first Feb Applicant had a CO on the date it happened 23 July (see above)

Interesting rate of acceleration here (for those mathematically inclined) - the latest date for which COs are being allocated is moving closer faster than calendar time. In other words, I have to go back to around the 8th of July on beupdate to see a CO allocated to a November applicant, and here we're seeing the first Feb applicant and it's only July the 28th. So they've worked through December and January in 20 days: ok, that's a gross oversimplification, but hopefully the point is clear.

So... if they just advanced at calendar time from now on... they might reach mid-April applicants in, say, two months. And we're planning on going in, er, two months. Might be an interesting October!

Cheers
b
Yeah, it's moving along!!
Old Jul 27th 2008, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

jaq4chop will become famous soon enoughjaq4chop will become famous soon enough

Unless of course you followed the advice of your migration agent, as I did as I assumed they knew what they are talking about & sent a paper application...................... How I wish I had known.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:42 am
Citizen Of The World

I posted that fact that the first Feb Applicant had a CO on the date it happened 23 July (see above)
Ah, my bad I should have paid more attention

cheers
b
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

I've been through the posts today but no word (yet) about Visa Grants. I'm not about make the same mistake I made on Friday - announcing Zero then finding out there were 3 (another January came forward this morning with a grant from 25 July)

16 VISA Grants for last Week

I'll post later with the unofficial numbers for 28 July

Last edited by tiger222; Jul 28th 2008 at 2:02 am.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by benlast
Ah, my bad I should have paid more attention

cheers
b
And you should have known that the obsessed Tiger would have caught it!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Great update Catherine..... I can't wait until I see March people getting CO's. The I know that it will only be a few months before they get to May's. With our house now sold, I am just waiting on the visa. May call down next week once the job offer comes through and ask about a timeline. May have to go down on a 457 if the visa does not come through before the end of November.

See the North American housing market is still going strong (okay in Canada), on the market for one week and a nice offer. Can't ask for better than that.

karen
Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by twinsmom65
Great update Catherine..... I can't wait until I see March people getting CO's. The I know that it will only be a few months before they get to May's. With our house now sold, I am just waiting on the visa. May call down next week once the job offer comes through and ask about a timeline. May have to go down on a 457 if the visa does not come through before the end of November.

See the North American housing market is still going strong (okay in Canada), on the market for one week and a nice offer. Can't ask for better than that.

karen
Karen -

It begs two questions why you couldn't sell it yourself. And did they price it right? I used to sell real estate - and when it sold in the week, we always said it was priced too low....
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Karen -

It begs two questions why you couldn't sell it yourself. And did they price it right? I used to sell real estate - and when it sold in the week, we always said it was priced too low....
Actually the price we listed it for was the same price as private. It was all about timing. The buyer just happened to have sold his house last week and has no place to go, so he was looking and found our house on the MLS and fell in love with it right away (okay he fell in love with the oversized double car garage lol), so it was all about timing, I guess we priced it just right as well. If we were in the spring market I would have listed maybe $10,000.00 higher, but summer is generally slower (people on vacation etc), and I checked out the listings from last year to get an idea of what price things sold for. We were bang on for the area, so we did not go too low. We actually sold higher than a house around the corner which was 200 sq ft bigger.

I guess the gods were shinning down on me when selling this place LOL, I honestly thought it would take alot longer as well. But I do know that houses in our city are selling especially if they are listed under the $300,000.00 mark.

Karen
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Oz Dreaming is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Found this website the other day and am now addicted to reading the posts. I applied on for a 175 as a Industrial Engineer on 27/4/8. Was supprised given how long i heard applications were taking that i was allocated a CO on 29/5/8. She requested we take are medicals which they recieved on 26/6/8. I am now viewing progress online every day to see that "requested " change to "Met."

I dont know why some people get CO sooner and some dont. Perhaps visas get allocated to separate teams of CO as soon as they apply. These teams may be split by occupations so maybe there are not that many engineers that are applying?? Only guessing there, it does seem strange how some of us get CO.

Hope to get to Oz next april.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oz Dreaming
Hi all,

Found this website the other day and am now addicted to reading the posts. I applied on for a 175 as a Industrial Engineer on 27/4/8. Was supprised given how long i heard applications were taking that i was allocated a CO on 29/5/8. She requested we take are medicals which they recieved on 26/6/8. I am now viewing progress online every day to see that "requested " change to "Met."

I dont know why some people get CO sooner and some dont. Perhaps visas get allocated to separate teams of CO as soon as they apply. These teams may be split by occupations so maybe there are not that many engineers that are applying?? Only guessing there, it does seem strange how some of us get CO.

Hope to get to Oz next april.
So, I think either there's some big secret project in Aus (to take over the world or such like) that they need electricians and engineers for OR that the COs have a game where each week, they randomly pick a newbie and process their application!

Either way, this is fab news Oz Dreaming. I'm thrilled for you. Good luck with getting the visa soon.

T-bird

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.