British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   April 2008 Applicants (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/april-2008-applicants-529427/)

chasmw Apr 22nd 2008 11:10 am

Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by benlast (Post 6247240)
Anyone having issues with downloading form 47P (i.e. the police check one) from the online app website? Every time I click on the links I get a message about it (the content) is temporarily unavailable...

I can download all the medical check forms without a problem, it's just the 47P.

Ah... just noticed it looks like you can download a blank 47P from the IMMI website. So the secondary question might be: is there anything critical preprinted on the one that you download after submitting your application?

Cheers
Ben

Ben,
I struggled, but just kept on trying and eventually it worked. If you have it, try using Firefox instead of IE....sometimes it works when IE doesn't.
Chris.

benlast Apr 22nd 2008 11:21 am

Originally Posted by chasmw (Post 6247313)
Ben,
I struggled, but just kept on trying and eventually it worked. If you have it, try using Firefox instead of IE....sometimes it works when IE doesn't.
Chris.

Thanks Chris... I use Firefox all the time: was considering trying IE just in case :)
Cheers
Ben

tiger222 Apr 22nd 2008 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by benlast (Post 6247240)
Anyone having issues with downloading form 47P (i.e. the police check one) from the online app website? Every time I click on the links I get a message about it (the content) is temporarily unavailable...

I can download all the medical check forms without a problem, it's just the 47P.

Ah... just noticed it looks like you can download a blank 47P from the IMMI website. So the secondary question might be: is there anything critical preprinted on the one that you download after submitting your application?

Cheers
Ben

Can't answer you question as I didn't download the 47P form from the online application website. I haven't found that area. I'll have to look around next time I'm logged in. I did download it from the DIAC website - where the forms are kept.

When you downloaded the medical ones, was there any special content on it relating to you and/or your family (name or TRN)? Could you compare what you downloaded with what's on the forms site? Also, I thought there was a way to e-lodge the medicals. Do you know anything about that vs paper? Thanks

caliburn Apr 22nd 2008 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6248438)
Can't answer you question as I didn't download the 47P form from the online application website. I haven't found that area. I'll have to look around next time I'm logged in. I did download it from the DIAC website - where the forms are kept.

When you downloaded the medical ones, was there any special content on it relating to you and/or your family (name or TRN)? Could you compare what you downloaded with what's on the forms site? Also, I thought there was a way to e-lodge the medicals. Do you know anything about that vs paper? Thanks

I have downloaded the 47P form from online application site. I was a bit surprised that its called a form but there was nothing to fill in. It basically tells you how to obtain police clearances from different countries. If you download it from online application site, the form show your TRN, DoB and passport number in the bottom of each page. I have already obtained the police clearance certificates and frontloaded them. Not sure what to do with the 47P form now.

On the other hand, the online medical forms are actually customized for you. Some fields in the form such as your name, date of birth etc. will come filled in. The bottom of each page will also have TRN, passport number and date of birth printed. My panel doctor is couriering my documents. I guess e-lodgement of medicals is limited to certain visa classes and countries. Here's what I have found out for you in DIAC:

"Note: eHealth2 medicals are conducted electronically, without requiring paper forms, by some clinics in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Germany, Japan, Malaysia and China. This system currently covers student, working holiday maker, business (temporary) and e676 class visitor visas only." You can get more details from this link http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/aust...hoc-sydney.htm.

benlast Apr 22nd 2008 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6248438)
When you downloaded the medical ones, was there any special content on it relating to you and/or your family (name or TRN)?

The medical ones have family details filled in, plus TRN (which is printed on the bottom of each page as well as being filled in).
Cheers
Ben

benlast Apr 22nd 2008 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by me (Post 6247240)
Anyone having issues with downloading form 47P (i.e. the police check one) from the online app website?

Found that you can download it from http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47p.pdf

There's no personal info to fill in on it, it's just a huge list of countries and the requirements for obtaining a police certificate in each. And for the UK, you get Relevant document - 'Subject Access Request' made under s7 of the Data Protection Act 1998.

So no need to download the 47P forms linked at the end of the visa app.

And for everyone following along, the estimable George Lombard posted here about the subject of police checks, advising that the relevant document is now the ACPO Police Certificate available from www.acpo.police.uk.

Cheers
Ben

hanwilt Apr 22nd 2008 6:28 pm

Hi,

Just found the forum. We are April 2008 applicants too, whole application lodged (without medical's or pcc) on 9th April. Very excited but obviously loads of waiting now.

DO any of you have any idea of how long from medicals being requested and lodged for the visa to come through?

Hannah

tiger222 Apr 22nd 2008 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by benlast (Post 6249093)
Found that you can download it from http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47p.pdf

There's no personal info to fill in on it, it's just a huge list of countries and the requirements for obtaining a police certificate in each. And for the UK, you get Relevant document - 'Subject Access Request' made under s7 of the Data Protection Act 1998.

So no need to download the 47P forms linked at the end of the visa app.

And for everyone following along, the estimable George Lombard posted here about the subject of police checks, advising that the relevant document is now the ACPO Police Certificate available from www.acpo.police.uk.

Cheers
Ben

Ben -

Because of your post, I went to download those documents - specifically the 47P because we don't have our medicals until June. In the instructions it says this:

"Forward the completed form and any requested documents to the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre within 28 days from the date you lodged your application."

I was surprised as this is the PCC and it's generally considered a "wait" document (until CO) but the instructions say different. Any thoughts?:confused:

benlast Apr 22nd 2008 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 6249579)
"Forward the completed form and any requested documents to the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre within 28 days from the date you lodged your application."

Yeah, I noticed that too: it also says something similar on the online application acknowledgement email. I checked with my agent who said "don't panic about it". So I'm not :) We are doing medicals this week and police checks as soon as I can get round to getting them requested, but just to get the whole lot out of the way.

Cheers
Ben

kevncarlz Apr 23rd 2008 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by hanwilt (Post 6249518)
Hi,

Just found the forum. We are April 2008 applicants too, whole application lodged (without medical's or pcc) on 9th April. Very excited but obviously loads of waiting now.

DO any of you have any idea of how long from medicals being requested and lodged for the visa to come through?

Hannah

hi hannah

we applied with a agent and sent all our forms off on the 10th and got our acknowledgment on the 15th:D and they said it could take up to 6 month before we had to do the medicals and police checks because of all the bad log and amount of people applying:(

did you apply on line or with a agent?

kev and carly :thumbup:

tiger222 Apr 24th 2008 2:34 am

Originally Posted by hanwilt (Post 6249518)
Hi,

Hannah

I saw another thread a while back that asked that question. The conclusion I drew was about 5 weeks if you submit your Meds when asked by CO to the time of issuance of the Visa. Of course it's any body's guess. HTH

home alone Apr 24th 2008 7:30 am

:) Hi! Kevncarlz,

We are applying for a cpv - 143 visa. Handed in our forms/paperwork on the 10th March, was ack. by agent a few days later, saying all was ok! but if possible could my daughter add a few more things, which would cover every poss, question by immi; (more proof of, school settlement, pay certification, house purchase, in Oz, and selling in Uk, etc; we thought was already covered, and that centrelink will also back this up :confused:) This we supplied within a week. Our next email from agents said, We have now assimilated your visa application, and will be taking a copy of the same before it is sent to the Department of Immigration's Parents Offshore Processing Centre in Perth by courier delivery - it should be with the Department by late this week. It will then be several weeks before we receive a visa file reference - and then 6 to 9 months before we hear from case officer etc, etc; This email was dated 8th April ? Our last contact from any one ?

It is different for cpv applications, kevncalz, you will find your application, much faster, ours, :thumbdown: appears to be, much slower than most on expats, for some reason ? :frown: Regards Lin :(

Lymm Mover Apr 24th 2008 10:14 pm

Agent logged ours at the beginning of the month.
Requested the Police checks and advied to apply for the medicals at the beginning of May.

We want to go to Brisbane (I am IT).

It has been stress all the way:

Will I pass the ACS assesment
Will I pass the English test
The British House Market has gone to pot
The Oz dollar to the pound is low
Will I pass the police checks
Will I pass the medicals
This is costing a bomb

The wife is wondering why I am distant and stressed

Am I the only one losing it?

tiger222 Apr 24th 2008 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Lymm Mover (Post 6262003)
Agent logged ours at the beginning of the month.
Requested the Police checks and advied to apply for the medicals at the beginning of May.

We want to go to Brisbane (I am IT).

It has been stress all the way:

Will I pass the ACS assesment
Will I pass the English test
The British House Market has gone to pot
The Oz dollar to the pound is low
Will I pass the police checks
Will I pass the medicals
This is costing a bomb

The wife is wondering why I am distant and stressed

Am I the only one losing it?

Lymm -

Welcome! Apparently you have been passing - that's how you got where you are :thumbup:

My OH is the primary - he wrote the RPL and passed the ACS (I got the references), he sat the IELTS. I did the research on the PCCs and where to go for the meds. But when people ask about how tough the process is, he says "my wife is doing it all" :rofl: Too funny!

benlast Apr 25th 2008 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Lymm Mover (Post 6262003)
...It has been stress all the way...

It is, undoubtedly, stressful. But one possible way to counteract that is to celebrate the successes along the way. You pass the ACS? Great: give yourself a round of applause and do a little I-passed-the-ACS dance (although my daughter apparently prefers that I don't do that). You get the grades in the IELTS? Yes! Another hurdle cleanly jumped. Etc. Just like The Tiger says:

Originally Posted by tiger222
you have been passing - that's how you got where you are

Perhaps another helpful attitude of mind is not to see it as the only possible future for you and your family. It's one possible future, and maybe your preferred one, but I do think that it's too easy to fixate on migration as being the shining hope for your future. Also: doing that may mean that when you do get to Oz, you may find yourself disappointed, having set such great expectations on it.

Cheers
Ben