April 2008 Applicants

Old Jun 13th 2008, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by NikiL
Charlene I hate to spoil this for you, but its people who got their pre acks in early Dec who are getting their CO's, they applied in August. I just had heart failure (we applied late Nov) and checked & it caught me out for a minute too!

I'm sure once the August backlog is cleared things will improve - I have to believe thar or I will go bananas!
I guess they will be paper based applications then.
There seems to be no logic to the application date and CO date in that case.
I'm more confused than ever. I guess we'll get a CO when we do.
Until then we just have so see how quickly things pick up in July and keep ourselves busy until we get the magic e-mail but there are tons of people in front of us April applicants.

Just got to keep busy.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CharleneG
I guess they will be paper based applications then.
There seems to be no logic to the application date and CO date in that case.
I'm more confused than ever. I guess we'll get a CO when we do.
Until then we just have so see how quickly things pick up in July and keep ourselves busy until we get the magic e-mail but there are tons of people in front of us April applicants.

Just got to keep busy.
From what I can gather all the August apps are paper based. They prioritised (and rightly so) the August apps over the post Sept 1st apps. Hopefully the August backlog is nearly cleared and we will start seeing some movement after July 1st. Once the post Sept lot start moving normally you should get a clearer idea of when you'll be reached.
Old Jun 14th 2008, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

From what I can gather all the August apps are paper based. They prioritised (and rightly so) the August apps over the post Sept 1st apps. Hopefully the August backlog is nearly cleared and we will start seeing some movement after July 1st. Once the post Sept lot start moving normally you should get a clearer idea of when you'll be reached.
Nikil -

With a November 28 Visa Lodgment date, you must be really excited. Do you have a CO?
Old Jun 15th 2008, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222
Nikil -

With a November 28 Visa Lodgment date, you must be really excited. Do you have a CO?
No we don't. Wish we did.

I have got obsessed to the extent that I got a spam email stating I had a pre-approved visa. It took me a couple of minutes to register that they didn't know I had applied for a visa to Aus & its was a spam for cards

I need to get a life!
Old Jun 15th 2008, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

No we don't. Wish we did.

I have got obsessed to the extent that I got a spam email stating I had a pre-approved visa. It took me a couple of minutes to register that they didn't know I had applied for a visa to Aus & its was a spam for cards

I need to get a life!
NikiL - I wish you had a CO too. Are you working with an agent? Have you tried DIAC to check your status. I've been reading lately where some people have called and found (to their surprise) that they do have CO.

Last edited by tiger222; Jun 15th 2008 at 1:47 am. Reason: redundant question
Old Jun 15th 2008, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

I have just done a quick check on 175 online applicants and there is a definate pattern.

Of 11 people who applied online in November (just happen to be the first 11 175's on the page) each of them received an acknowledgement either the same day or within a few days of lodging the application.

Depending upon whether their application was lodged at the beginning, middle or end of Nov they have been assigned a case officer in very end of April (3 people), May or June, mostly May.

It is taking roughly 6 months from acknowledgement to receiving a CO in each case.

So unless they throw bodies at it in July or speed up the process in some way I think that's what we should expect.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL - I wish you had a CO too. Are you working with an agent? Have you tried DIAC to check your status. I've been reading lately where some people have called and found (to their surprise) that they do have CO.
No, not working with an agent. Last time I called DIAC was about 5-6weeks ago & they told me I should hear something in 2-3 weeks, 3 weeks max. What I don't know is if that meant a CO or the visa itself, but we didn't have a CO then. That should have been 2 weeks ago, nearly 3 weeks now. I'm not honestly expecting to hear anything now until early July earliest. We move house at the end of next week, so going to focus on that and hopefully once thats sorted out we'll be into a new financial year and things will be moving again.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

If anyone is considering Brisbane as a destination, I just read a post this morning about the experiences of a family after 2 weeks there. It has a lot of great tips for anyone migrating (Centrelink, Taxes, Drivers licenses, bank account, renting, etc.)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...40#post6474540
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I found this tread on page 5!!

OK news here. I've word that my rental property will be receiving an offer in the next day or 2. I'm not happy with the reported price - $15,000 less than what I'm asking. I have a few more buyers circling around - so I'll definitely counter the offer.

Wish me luck with the negotiations on this one. This will determine how much I have for seed money in my next investment property...in Australia!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Dodge38 will become famous soon enough

I found this tread on page 5!!

OK news here. I've word that my rental property will be receiving an offer in the next day or 2. I'm not happy with the reported price - $15,000 less than what I'm asking. I have a few more buyers circling around - so I'll definitely counter the offer.

Wish me luck with the negotiations on this one. This will determine how much I have for seed money in my next investment property...in Australia!

Fingers crossed for you then...good luck with negotiations and keep us all posted!!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dodge38
Fingers crossed for you then...good luck with negotiations and keep us all posted!!
Thanks Dodge!thumbup: Nothing has arrived so far - just waiting for the mail.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Dodge38 will become famous soon enough

Thanks Dodge!thumbup: Nothing has arrived so far - just waiting for the mail.
Feeling really fed up today......why don't they just sling a huge amount of personnel into ASPC and clear the backlog???? The same old 'Processing time' info again this week...agh!!!!!!!!

We have no home to sell, no furniture to ship - just ready to go!!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dodge38
Feeling really fed up today......why don't they just sling a huge amount of personnel into ASPC and clear the backlog???? The same old 'Processing time' info again this week...agh!!!!!!!!

We have no home to sell, no furniture to ship - just ready to go!!!!
Does make it more difficult when all your waiting on is the VISA. At least us house sellers have something else to stew over (and work on) while waiting.

This might help you! (Quoted in part)

Originally Posted by yamanote
some more news here (found it on the processing times thread):

at least we have an idea that there's going to be some movement over the next few weeks:

Re: Australian Visa Processing Timeline as of June 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From a reliable source :

There are rumours on various internet forums presently that the skilled visa program for 2007/08 has been filled, and that there will be no further skilled visa grants until the new program year (starting on the 1st of July, 200.

We have spoken with a senior officer at the Skilled Processing Centre today who has confirmed that skilled visas are still being processed to grant.

However, the rate of visa grants has slowed as they move towards meeting the program total for 2007/08.

This means that general offshore skilled visa processing times are starting to push out towards 9 months - the latest e-lodged skilled visa applications that we have seen assessed are those submitted to the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre in November 2007.

We also have a few skilled visa applications that were lodged under the pre-01 Sep 2007 visa regime that are yet to be granted.

For this reason we are generally recommending that at present medical examinations are not attended until there is comfort that the visa application will be assessed in the next month or two - medical examinations (and police clearance certificates) usually have a 12 month validity, which means a medical examination attended early will impact on the date of required initial entry to Australia, such that the required entry date might be very soon after visa grant, or a second set of medicals might be required to push back the required initial entry date.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 5:25 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

the latest e-lodged skilled visa applications that we have seen assessed are those submitted to the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre in November 2007
According to the BEUpdate site, I see a CO allocated to a 175 application that went in on the 31/12/07. Next 175 down the list is from the 22/11/07.

Cheers
b
Old Jun 24th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by yamanote
online has moved 2 days, that good news

check out the processing times forum for more...
A Visa was granted over in November today!!! They had applied for 175 on 21 November.

Combine that with the 2 day movement on the official email - It's all good!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.