April 2008 Applicants

Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by xironix
I need help on RPL.Anyone can help me?
Xironix -

What kind of help do you need with an RPL? My OH had to write one.

Originally Posted by xironix
We did ours through an agent and past the skills assessment about 6 months ago and we just had to send all the information that they needed off in one go (alot of paper work) then they check its all ok then they sort it all out for us so it all got logded on the 10th so hoping to hear from them soon
Did you write your RPL and get it to your agent, Xironix? Did you lodge your visa application on April 10? That's really great news! Congratulations!!

What is your area of expertise?
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

April applicants. I've been reading that many are being asked to sign the Australian Values pledge Form 1281. Thought I'd forward you the link so you could sign and upload before being asked. (It's NOT a Form 80! This is simple)

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Old Jun 10th 2008, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road

no house to sell, no kids, ive got a girlfriend who's from Cronulla but where moving to Brisbane thats where i fell in love with and ive got mates there and on the GC
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jonny83
no house to sell, no kids, ive got a girlfriend who's from Cronulla but where moving to Brisbane thats where i fell in love with and ive got mates there and on the GC
That sounds great! You're ready to go as soon as the visa is processed!

We'll be following behind you then! We're headed to Brisbane as well.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tiger222
April applicants. I've been reading that many are being asked to sign the Australian Values pledge Form 1281. Thought I'd forward you the link so you could sign and upload before being asked. (It's NOT a Form 80! This is simple)
Thanks for that public service post!
It should save a lot of us running around when we finally get a CO.

I've just looked at the new timeline links that have been set up and the applications from early December are just getting their CO's now so we must be looking at October unless there's a serious push on processing come July.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CharleneG
Thanks for that public service post!
It should save a lot of us running around when we finally get a CO.

I've just looked at the new timeline links that have been set up and the applications from early December are just getting their CO's now so we must be looking at October unless there's a serious push on processing come July.
Charlene I hate to spoil this for you, but its people who got their pre acks in early Dec who are getting their CO's, they applied in August. I just had heart failure (we applied late Nov) and checked & it caught me out for a minute too!

I'm sure once the August backlog is cleared things will improve - I have to believe thar or I will go bananas!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

jaq4chop will become famous soon enoughjaq4chop will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I am a bit concerned that my agent may have misinformed me. I was told that they lodge applications paper based. It seems everyone else has e-lodged & is maing good progress. Our application went on 23 April 08 & we received an acknowledgement & receipt on 29 April 08 since then nothing. Is there anyone else in the Oz waiting room with a paper based application?
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

hiya jaq4chop
we lodged ours on the 10th april and had confirmation by the 13th, we also done the paper version and are also sick of waiting

fingers crossed we'll be there by xmas lol

kev
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jaq4chop
Hi,

I am a bit concerned that my agent may have misinformed me. I was told that they lodge applications paper based. It seems everyone else has e-lodged & is maing good progress. Our application went on 23 April 08 & we received an acknowledgement & receipt on 29 April 08 since then nothing. Is there anyone else in the Oz waiting room with a paper based application?
Jaq4chop -

Welcome to the April Thread!

What country are you from?
Old Jun 13th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Looks like the slow down is confirmed - to July 1 then

Originally Posted by Basty
Hi Jasb

We had an email from our agent this morning re quota (I hope I do it right!!).

.....I would like to keep you up-to-date with the processing times for General Skilled Migration visas. Our office has not had one approval or email from DIAC for the last 2 weeks. We have contacted other agency's and the we've had a similar response from them.

There is a strong rumour, but not confirmed, that the amount of skilled visas DIAC has allocated for the 2007/2008 financial year, have run out. We assume that after the 01 July 2008 we will start to receive correspondence from DIAC again.

This will mean that processing times for visa applications have extended by another month - bringing the approximate total time to process a general skilled visa to 10-11 months.

It is suggested that all clients do not complete medical examinations or obtain police clearances, unless requested to do so.

Those applicants' who have undergone medical examinations and obtained police clearances, need to be aware that your visa must be activated 12 months from undertaking your medical examinations or obtaining your police clearances. Thus not leaving much time between approval of your visa and the entry date to Australia. If this is going to be a problem the only way to extend the entry date (to activate your visa) is for all applicants to re-do medical examinations and obtain police clearances again. The other alternative is to enter Australia, by the given date, for a holiday - remembering ALL applicants need to enter Australia. This will activate your visa and give you the option to return to Oz at a later stage when you have tied up loose ends in the UK.

Roll on 1st July
Old Jun 13th 2008, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Dodge38 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tiger222
Looks like the slow down is confirmed - to July 1 then
How depressing.......
Old Jun 13th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dodge38
How depressing.......
Just because they aren't handing out visas doesn't mean they aren't working toward getting them ready to be issued, once July 1 hits!

Only 2 weeks and 2 days!!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

I guess we might have to change Canada Day (July 1st) to Happy Visa Day LOL

Karen
Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Dodge38
How depressing.......
Oh well - more time to spend flogging stuff on eBay!! That seems to have taken over my life now instead of getting Visa documentation together!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

Double post - BritishExpats.com is not responding correctly!

Last edited by chasmw; Jun 13th 2008 at 2:56 pm. Reason: Double-post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.