April 2008 Applicants

Old Jun 7th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: April 2008 Applicants

Originally Posted by Dodge38
Thanks tiger! Oh no!!!! Hubby has had job offer in Melbourne and we are undecided as it was not one of the places we had considered...if we get it in writing, do you think it would speed things along???

Dodge
Dodge -

What would speed thing along is if they offered to sponsor him on a 457. Then you could still have the 175 application in process - but get there sooner on the 457.

We have thought about this and I've been looking on behalf of OH. Had a few nibbles. We'll see what becomes of it if anything.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

robandkath has a spectacular aura aboutrobandkath has a spectacular aura aboutrobandkath has a spectacular aura about

Hi robandkath...new on here!! Our application was lodged in April 2008 and so now we are doing research/planning for the big move, but we are totally baffled!! Hubby has a job offer just come in from Melbourne (but we had not even considered here), Brisbane sounds nice (hubby been there before) and Adelaide gives us another option...but the beach loving part of the family like the sound of the Gold Coast...but everyone says it is like a UK Seaside resort but with better temperatures...yikes I am so confused!!! We have 2 kids (aged 10 & 13) and we have applied for a 175 indep. and hubby has had his Carpentry skills OK'd by Vetassess - He wants to go where the work is good obviously, but where the family will get lots out of life too. We thought we had it all sorted out in our minds, but the more we research the more we doubt where we actually want to go!!!

Have you made any decisions yet...sounds like you have been confused too.

Dodge
hi there Dodge
well we r still in doubt where exactly to go we started with melbourne , then perth, then adelaide and now queensland and hopefully somewhere between brisbaine and gold coast i dont think u can decide 100% until u r there and see what its like and if we dont find what we r looking for in that area we will just move to the next untill we find the right area for us as for work ill just look when we find a area we like so yes we r very confused still.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Dodge38 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by robandkath
hi there Dodge
well we r still in doubt where exactly to go we started with melbourne , then perth, then adelaide and now queensland and hopefully somewhere between brisbaine and gold coast i dont think u can decide 100% until u r there and see what its like and if we dont find what we r looking for in that area we will just move to the next untill we find the right area for us as for work ill just look when we find a area we like so yes we r very confused still.
Hi there...went out for a family day to the coast today (Norfolk) and had a good long chat with the kids about what they really want out of this move...they told us the type of weather they wanted, what activities they wanted to do, what sort of home they would like.....after this long chat we still came up with the same idea that Brisbane/Gold coast was still going to be the best option. They want to be nearish to a town and 30 mins away from a beach...does this sound like south of Brisbane???

Dodge
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road

hi, applied on the 26th april, cant believe it i got a case officer lastweek, they want all my doc's by end of june, ive already attached them and ive got my meds on friday! I struggled to attach some doc's cos they were too big or something but they gave me an e-mail address where i can send them 2, i just hope they got them, has any1 else been given a CO yet?
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jonny83
hi, applied on the 26th april, cant believe it i got a case officer lastweek, they want all my doc's by end of june, ive already attached them and ive got my meds on friday! I struggled to attach some doc's cos they were too big or something but they gave me an e-mail address where i can send them 2, i just hope they got them, has any1 else been given a CO yet?
Well done you!!!! What type of visa have you applied for? It cannot possibly be a 175 independent...is it???? I am hoping - as it would give us all hope!!!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Well done you!!!! What type of visa have you applied for? It cannot possibly be a 175 independent...is it???? I am hoping - as it would give us all hope!!!
Calm down, I have just checked the time lines and November applicants have got CO's but December have not. We've got a few more months waiting.......
Old Jun 9th 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Congratulations on getting a CO! What Visa did you apply for 457?

I'm sure it's not a 175 independent. It's probably an employer sponsored. If that is the case, it is also good news as they have been processing those faster - which was one of the goals.

Originally Posted by CharleneG
Calm down, I have just checked the time lines and November applicants have got CO's but December have not. We've got a few more months waiting.......
Correct, the Decembers are still awaiting COs....I sure hope this week brings BUSHELS of Visa Grants and CO assignments. I guess today was bank holiday in Australia....so here's hoping for a big move starting tomorrow!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I wanted to share this article with you. The perspective of the article is from Canberra - where jobs are being lost, so the headline is not what you'd expect for a positive article. http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/new...es/785138.aspx

Here are some excerts from the article that I found positive:
The secretary of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, Andrew Metcalfe, confirmed the staff losses at a Senate estimates hearing during the week.

''I expect an increase in staffing in our service delivery network where we actually make visa decisions and citizenship decisions and provide services to people,'' he said.

''The department has indicated that most of the skilled immigration visas will be processed out of Adelaide, and also has plans to increase the role of the Melbourne, Sydney and Perth offices in handling of temporary business visas.''

He said the department was ensuring client interests were not compromised by focusing the savings on the national office. Service delivery would be unaffected by the staff cuts as the area had received a funding increase in the budget.

He added migrant number would reach 190,000 next year, while temporary business visas, had more than doubled to more than 50,000 a year.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

twinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nicetwinsmom65 is just really nice

Just wanted to say congratulations to you on getting a case officer. I noticed that you are on a 175 and an electrician. You are the second person I have heard of that has been allocated a case officer really quickly. The other person I know applied May 7th and were allocated a case officer at the end of May. He is also an electrician. It gives everyone who applied hope.

Again a big congrats.... you must be very pleased. BTW they are processing meds very quickly in Sydney. We had ours done in May and sent them by courier on May 30th, they arrived in Sydney on June 2nd and were received and finalized as of June 5th.

Karen
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road

yeah im a 175 person, i was made up, fingers crossed 2 all of you!!!!!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

I Can't believe it!!! Congratulations....Good luck for the future
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:37 am
Just Joined

xironix is an unknown quantity at this point

I need help on RPL.Anyone can help me?
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:39 am
Just Joined

We did ours through an agent and past the skills assessment about 6 months ago and we just had to send all the information that they needed off in one go (alot of paper work) then they check its all ok then they sort it all out for us so it all got logded on the 10th so hoping to hear from them soon
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Just wanted to say congratulations to you on getting a case officer. I noticed that you are on a 175 and an electrician. You are the second person I have heard of that has been allocated a case officer really quickly. The other person I know applied May 7th and were allocated a case officer at the end of May. He is also an electrician. It gives everyone who applied hope.

Again a big congrats.... you must be very pleased. BTW they are processing meds very quickly in Sydney. We had ours done in May and sent them by courier on May 30th, they arrived in Sydney on June 2nd and were received and finalized as of June 5th.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

I Can't believe it!!! Congratulations....Good luck for the future
WOW, Johnny83!! That is totally awesome that you have a case officer and applied on April 26!! Are you ready to move out? How's the house sale coming along? Any children to sort out? Any idea on where you'd like to move to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.