April 2007 Applicants

Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future
Default Re: April 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by nic_adam
Hi there,
we haven't been on for a while as we've kind of lost the will to live, waiting and waiting!
We're from the UK and apllied for a 136 at the end of April 07. We got a case officer at the end of August and have had to send form 80 since then. We haven't heard anything for months. Agent has tried contacting CO but no reply. Anyone else in a remotely similar boat????
We're losing the plot!
Nic
Sending you Karma for good luck
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

5 days to go now to flying to Perth. Waited 2 years for this and now starting to feel quite sick with nerves and dreading the inevitable good byes. Almost feels like we're preparing for someone dying which it shouldn't be. but don't know how to change it as everyone is hurting so much and trying to keep it from us but it's obvious. Feeling such guilt and pure panic right now. How do I relax?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LisaT
5 days to go now to flying to Perth. Waited 2 years for this and now starting to feel quite sick with nerves and dreading the inevitable good byes. Almost feels like we're preparing for someone dying which it shouldn't be. but don't know how to change it as everyone is hurting so much and trying to keep it from us but it's obvious. Feeling such guilt and pure panic right now. How do I relax?
Hi Lisa
Take your mind away from this side and think of the lovely time ahead of you, that's what i try to do!!!
Easier said than done though!!
We fly in 7 days and i'm feeling quite relaxed about it...saying that ...the dog goes up to the Kennels in Bristol Friday to fly out Sunday...and I'm absolutely feeling SICK and I know i'll be crying all day.
We have to go through those dreadful goodbyes and all feel the same way, worst part of all this process I would say.
Good Luck Lisa, see you in Perth!!!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Nic_Adam, why don't you try sending an email straight to DIMIA. It can't hurt and I don't blame you for losing the will to live. Good luck and sending you some karma. Where you heading by the way?

LisaT, I have pm'd you. There is nothing that can take away that awful feeling in the last few days. I really wanted to just go and stop all the good byes. Like you say, you feel so guilty and selfish and you know the people closest to you are hurting but you know, deep down you are doing the right thing, especially for the kids!

I can be here for you 24/7 or once every 2 weeks or longer whatever you want, just hold on in there girl, I know it is not easy but if it makes you feel any better, the weather is gorgeous, not so many flies about (that is going to take some getting used to!) and in approx. 2 weeks you will have a great tan and we can be by the pool with a glass of wine in our hands reliving the nightmare of our visa days!!

Moonlight, I know you have family and friends already here, but it would be great to meet up and have a chat.

Good luck to Nic_Adam and hope everyone is well.

Nicx
Old Jan 16th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nic938
Hi guys

Well, we have been in Perth for 5 days now and I must admit we are finding it all a bit daunting!!! Left Singapore and had problems with the luggage again (must stress that if yo have double the baggage allowance that email confirming it is sacred)! Got off the plane and my 6 year old burst into tears and refused to go through the exit doors after 1 hour of trying to calm him down we got to the bottom of it all and basically he was scared of Perth!!! It just goes to show as he was the one out of the three of them that was so up for going and was so excited, bless him. He is ok now but I really felt for him, he obviously had built up something in his head.

We left the exit door at Perth to be met by flies, flies and more flies! Was not prepared for that. Had heard how bad they were but it was horrible. They are ok now or maybe we are getting used to them.

Our rental is nice but I am so missing the familiarity of things. Not missing the UK or relatives or friends yet as it just feels like a holiday but I am sure as the days go on it will get better. Whether Perth is going to be home or not, who knows but Australia is a big country so plenty places we can try. Sorry, sounds like I am moaning, I'm not. Glad to be given the opportunites and am prepared to give it 110% just feeling a bit down.

Speak soon.

Nicx
Hi Nic - glad to see yo arrived safe and sound. I am about 45 mins of you in australind if you fancy catching up at all. I could always take the kids off your hands for couple of hours so you and hubby can go get some stuff done. My two would love a spot of baby sitting PM me if you want my number
mandy xxx

Originally Posted by LisaT

Good luck Lisa. Answer to that question is that you dont relax, not yet anyway, you will very soon but then it will be followed by a massive stress after which you will relax again get the picture??
You will be fine but i know what you mean about hurting everyone. At the end i just wanted to GO so i wouldnt have to face eveyrone elses pain all the time
Old Jan 16th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nic938
Hi guys

Well, we have been in Perth for 5 days now and I must admit we are finding it all a bit daunting!!! Left Singapore and had problems with the luggage again (must stress that if yo have double the baggage allowance that email confirming it is sacred)! Got off the plane and my 6 year old burst into tears and refused to go through the exit doors after 1 hour of trying to calm him down we got to the bottom of it all and basically he was scared of Perth!!! It just goes to show as he was the one out of the three of them that was so up for going and was so excited, bless him. He is ok now but I really felt for him, he obviously had built up something in his head.

We left the exit door at Perth to be met by flies, flies and more flies! Was not prepared for that. Had heard how bad they were but it was horrible. They are ok now or maybe we are getting used to them.
Our rental is nice but I am so missing the familiarity of things. Not missing the UK or relatives or friends yet as it just feels like a holiday but I am sure as the days go on it will get better. Whether Perth is going to be home or not, who knows but Australia is a big country so plenty places we can try. Sorry, sounds like I am moaning, I'm not. Glad to be given the opportunites and am prepared to give it 110% just feeling a bit down.

Speak soon.

Nicx
Hi Nic938

Glad you have arrived safely and everything is going well, it is quite a lot to deal with in one go, but then you can chill for a well deserved break. I know we needed a break when we got everything sorted and we don't have children to think about!
We are not too far from you, about half an hour. PM if you fancy a coffee or something when you have time.

Nicky
Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Thanks moonlight, daunted and Nic.
I am looking forward to being there and having a drink by a pool (although we don't one at our first place). So may need to come visit someone with one.

Looking forward to meeting you all very soon. We should arrange a meet up.

Thanks again for all your kindness.

xxx
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Nic938
Would love to meet up with you, I know i've got family but I'm in need of friends when I arrive. Us Aprilees have built up a friendship over the months so will be nice to meet in person eh? Will pm you when i arrive.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

TomsMops will become famous soon enoughTomsMops will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MOONLIGHT
Hi Nic938
Would love to meet up with you, I know i've got family but I'm in need of friends when I arrive. Us Aprilees have built up a friendship over the months so will be nice to meet in person eh? Will pm you when i arrive.
Hi

I would love to meet up too, just waiting to hear on hubby's redundancy from BT, it was promised b4 Christmas but still no news, once that's confirmed we can make our plans, Hubby doesn't want to miss the pay out, it will happen within the next 3 months at the latest we hope!

So when on our way will let everyone in Perth know, my heart goes out to some who still don't have a CO, I was amazed I thought all had got them and their visa's for April.

Take care all and good wishes to those who are STILL awaiting x
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Lisa and moonlight, so sorry to interrupt but i just have to say that i wish you all the luck in the world with the good bye's. I can sort of relate to what duanted is saying but as of yet i'm still stuck here being an August applicant so it's gonna be ages before we get there. It is hard saying goodbye but it really is going to be fine and you are doing the right thing you will be fine and like someone said earlier you'll have an excellent tan, it's currently 22 degrees in Sydney according to my desktop thingy on my laptop. Goodluck to you both.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TomsMops
Hi

I would love to meet up too, just waiting to hear on hubby's redundancy from BT, it was promised b4 Christmas but still no news, once that's confirmed we can make our plans, Hubby doesn't want to miss the pay out, it will happen within the next 3 months at the latest we hope!

So when on our way will let everyone in Perth know, my heart goes out to some who still don't have a CO, I was amazed I thought all had got them and their visa's for April.

Take care all and good wishes to those who are STILL awaiting x
Good luck Tomsmops, hope the redundancy comes through real soon, hope it all goes well in Perth everyone out there sounds great
Old Jan 18th 2008, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

nic_adam will become famous soon enough

Hi Moonlight,
thanks for the karma, it worked magic! We got our visas granted this morning! woohoo!
Off to sunny Adelaide...
Old Jan 18th 2008, 6:25 pm
Flown

FlyingPicketts is on a distinguished road

Hi Moonlight,
thanks for the karma, it worked magic! We got our visas granted this morning! woohoo!
Off to sunny Adelaide...
MASSIVE CONGRATS
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Moonlight,
Off to sunny Adelaide...
CONGRATULATIONS enjoy your newlifes downunder

Suexx
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Moonlight,
Off to sunny Adelaide...
Fantastic
Congratulations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.