April 2007 Applicants

Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:20 am
Flown

FlyingPicketts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: April 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by Nic938
Hi everyone

Well, in Singapore now for the next 2 days. It is lovely, the weather is 86 degrees, hot and humid. Rained this afternoon but hot rain so it was quite nice. It is a really nice place, would definetley recommend it as a stop-over.

Had a small problem at the airport as we were 40 kilos over our luggage allowance and they wanted to charge us £45 per kilo we hastily repacked everything and they let us off with 20 kilos so we are now hoping that when we leave Singapore that they let us off with 20 kilos too.

Anyway, off to the night safari tonight and doing the cable-car ride tomorrow and then we fly on Monday so will update you all then.

Good luck guys and Teryna I think you are next to leave the UK so I have a safe flight.

Nicx
That would have been a hefty bill, they would have ended up with a suitcase full of clothes if they tried that on me . We're stopping over at Singapore in March but only for a couple of hours..wish we were staying longer now . It's great you're all having a good time...keep the updates coming Nic
Phil
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Hi everyone

Well, in Singapore now for the next 2 days. It is lovely, the weather is 86 degrees, hot and humid. Rained this afternoon but hot rain so it was quite nice. It is a really nice place, would definetley recommend it as a stop-over.

Had a small problem at the airport as we were 40 kilos over our luggage allowance and they wanted to charge us £45 per kilo we hastily repacked everything and they let us off with 20 kilos so we are now hoping that when we leave Singapore that they let us off with 20 kilos too.

Anyway, off to the night safari tonight and doing the cable-car ride tomorrow and then we fly on Monday so will update you all then.

Good luck guys and Teryna I think you are next to leave the UK so I have a safe flight.

Nicx
Hi Nic
i leave tues and i dont know about you but these last days are sooo hectic i just want to sleep and my liver is really taking a pounding!!
good luck let us know when you get there
Dont forget to call o my friend in mandurah shes lovely
Teryna
Old Jan 10th 2008, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Baalu27 is on a distinguished road

For Aprial aaplicant's has any got CO allocated ? As i am also waiting in pipeline..

Sent mail to APSC , still shows Dec 18th they haven't updated .. Dont know what is happeing..

Bala.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 8:55 am
Just Joined

imicky is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a CO allocated yesterday...after 9 long months of waiting...
Old Jan 10th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Baalu27 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by imicky
I've got a CO allocated yesterday...after 9 long months of waiting...
That's good to hear.... I wish u all the best .. U will get u r visa dont worry..

on which category u have lodged u r appliation and in which month..

Bala.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

imicky is an unknown quantity at this point

In april, 10th...136 MODL (accountant)...and I am from a high risk country

good luck to you too
Old Jan 11th 2008, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Hi guys

Well, we have been in Perth for 5 days now and I must admit we are finding it all a bit daunting!!! Left Singapore and had problems with the luggage again (must stress that if yo have double the baggage allowance that email confirming it is sacred)! Got off the plane and my 6 year old burst into tears and refused to go through the exit doors after 1 hour of trying to calm him down we got to the bottom of it all and basically he was scared of Perth!!! It just goes to show as he was the one out of the three of them that was so up for going and was so excited, bless him. He is ok now but I really felt for him, he obviously had built up something in his head.

We left the exit door at Perth to be met by flies, flies and more flies! Was not prepared for that. Had heard how bad they were but it was horrible. They are ok now or maybe we are getting used to them.

Our rental is nice but I am so missing the familiarity of things. Not missing the UK or relatives or friends yet as it just feels like a holiday but I am sure as the days go on it will get better. Whether Perth is going to be home or not, who knows but Australia is a big country so plenty places we can try. Sorry, sounds like I am moaning, I'm not. Glad to be given the opportunites and am prepared to give it 110% just feeling a bit down.

Speak soon.

Nicx
Old Jan 11th 2008, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

TomsMops will become famous soon enoughTomsMops will become famous soon enough

Hi Nic

Really good to hear that you have arrived, we are hoping to go to Perth so I am very interested to hear all your views, you can PM me if you like or on here I will keep following your threads.

We have a little boy who has just turned 7 who here in the UK is very up for it! Bless your little man, I wonder if mine will be the same. We do have some of my hubby's relatives an Auntie & Uncle, his cousins and our close friends so hoping that will make it easier.

My Mum who I am very close too lately has just been having a swipe at me everytimes she speaks or see me, Oz is not discussed they won't discuss it but I'm sure that's the reason why............shame as she is just making me more determined, she has my 2 year old for me 2 day a week and her attitude lately is horrible, everything I say Mum finds a way to have a go! Shame as we were so close and I only live 2 minutes from her & my Dad, he doesn't say anything.

Good luck in Perth and I will be very interested to hear how you all get on. We are waiting for my hubby redundancy so can't plan as yet until that is confirmed, we have got the visa.

Take care x

Last edited by TomsMops; Jan 11th 2008 at 7:58 am.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys

Well, we have been in Perth for 5 days now and I must admit we are finding it all a bit daunting!!! Left Singapore and had problems with the luggage again (must stress that if yo have double the baggage allowance that email confirming it is sacred)! Got off the plane and my 6 year old burst into tears and refused to go through the exit doors after 1 hour of trying to calm him down we got to the bottom of it all and basically he was scared of Perth!!! It just goes to show as he was the one out of the three of them that was so up for going and was so excited, bless him. He is ok now but I really felt for him, he obviously had built up something in his head.

We left the exit door at Perth to be met by flies, flies and more flies! Was not prepared for that. Had heard how bad they were but it was horrible. They are ok now or maybe we are getting used to them.

Our rental is nice but I am so missing the familiarity of things. Not missing the UK or relatives or friends yet as it just feels like a holiday but I am sure as the days go on it will get better. Whether Perth is going to be home or not, who knows but Australia is a big country so plenty places we can try. Sorry, sounds like I am moaning, I'm not. Glad to be given the opportunites and am prepared to give it 110% just feeling a bit down.

Speak soon.

Nicx
Hi Nic its early days yet im sure in a months time you will feel more settled keep us posted and enjoy
Old Jan 11th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nic

Great to hear you arrived safely. Aww bless your little man i sure hope hes fine now. Im sure given some time youll be fine your probably still tired from the flights and i expect your emotions are all over the place.

Take good care of yourselves and keep us updated

Suexx
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Hi Guys

Just a quickie as I am sure I am boring you all to death by now.

Been here for 1 week exactly and how things can change in a week. Feeling a lot more settled but still stressed as we basically have done nothing!!! No car bought as yet, no rental found as yet, no money transferred over here as yet, but it will all be done soon!

We feel like we can't do much as it is so hot it is not fair to have the kids trapsing round car show rooms etc so we have promised we will try and do little and often this week and try incorporate the beach in the day somewhere.

We asked the 4 year old and 6 year old yesterday if they liked it any better or do they want to go back to the UK. Blue my 6 year old says he loves it here now and Keilan my 4 year old says he wants to go and live in Singapore! Not much we could say to that one!

Weather is still hot but not stifling as the wind picks up about midday and cools you down. Now understand why it is called "The Fremantle Doctor", it really does save your life when it is so hot.

Tommops, I will definetley keep in touch and when we have our own computer (in library at the moment) will pm you.

Thanks everyone for your support, it really is much appreciated.

Love you all

Nicxxxxx
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future

Hi Guys

Just a quickie as I am sure I am boring you all to death by now.

Been here for 1 week exactly and how things can change in a week. Feeling a lot more settled but still stressed as we basically have done nothing!!! No car bought as yet, no rental found as yet, no money transferred over here as yet, but it will all be done soon!

We feel like we can't do much as it is so hot it is not fair to have the kids trapsing round car show rooms etc so we have promised we will try and do little and often this week and try incorporate the beach in the day somewhere.

We asked the 4 year old and 6 year old yesterday if they liked it any better or do they want to go back to the UK. Blue my 6 year old says he loves it here now and Keilan my 4 year old says he wants to go and live in Singapore! Not much we could say to that one!

Weather is still hot but not stifling as the wind picks up about midday and cools you down. Now understand why it is called "The Fremantle Doctor", it really does save your life when it is so hot.

Tommops, I will definetley keep in touch and when we have our own computer (in library at the moment) will pm you.

Thanks everyone for your support, it really is much appreciated.

Love you all

Nicxxxxx
Nice to hear you have all arrived safely, keep updating us, we love to hear from you.
ENJOY
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

TomsMops will become famous soon enoughTomsMops will become famous soon enough

Good to hear that life is good albeit a little hot, good job there's the breeze

Also that the boys are happy x
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

It's great to hear that you are doing well. Your little one sounds sooooooo sweet, i'm glad they are both settling down despite the tours round the car show rooms. Keep the updates coming they're great
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

nic_adam will become famous soon enough

Hi there,
we haven't been on for a while as we've kind of lost the will to live, waiting and waiting!
We're from the UK and apllied for a 136 at the end of April 07. We got a case officer at the end of August and have had to send form 80 since then. We haven't heard anything for months. Agent has tried contacting CO but no reply. Anyone else in a remotely similar boat????
We're losing the plot!
Nic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.