April 2007 Applicants

Old Oct 10th 2007, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant futureMOONLIGHT has a brilliant future
Default Re: April 2007 Applicants

[QUOTE=LisaT;5408304]Thanks. I know but I guess it's just starting to dawn on me what we are putting our familes through. Taking away granb kids etc. I feel guilty but we have to do this for our boys.

Yeah it's tough! i think as it get's closer you suddenly realise that it's happening and so does the rest of your family! Time creeps up all of a sudden (except the visa) lol. My family have been really happy for us so i don't know how i would feel if suddenly 1 of them said they didn't want me to go. (maybe their glad to see the back of us, ) I'm leaving my 80 year old Mum and my 19 year old daughter behind besides other family member's who i get on well with and then my Husband s family but when i feel like "how can i do this" i go back to the time when I felt really down and need to think of the reasons why i'm doing this, mainly the chance of a better future for my other 2 children, better weather, great outdoor life etc etc.
It's going to be hard for family to see you go and i guess your sister needed to tell you that she needs you but deep down i expect she's real glad for you, hope it all works out for you LisaT
Old Oct 10th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice

Thanks Moonlight.
That was a lovely message and you're right. It's just a case of constantly reminding yourself why you're doing it.

[QUOTE=MOONLIGHT;5409765]
Originally Posted by LisaT
Thanks. I know but I guess it's just starting to dawn on me what we are putting our familes through. Taking away granb kids etc. I feel guilty but we have to do this for our boys.

Yeah it's tough! i think as it get's closer you suddenly realise that it's happening and so does the rest of your family! Time creeps up all of a sudden (except the visa) lol. My family have been really happy for us so i don't know how i would feel if suddenly 1 of them said they didn't want me to go. (maybe their glad to see the back of us, ) I'm leaving my 80 year old Mum and my 19 year old daughter behind besides other family member's who i get on well with and then my Husband s family but when i feel like "how can i do this" i go back to the time when I felt really down and need to think of the reasons why i'm doing this, mainly the chance of a better future for my other 2 children, better weather, great outdoor life etc etc.
It's going to be hard for family to see you go and i guess your sister needed to tell you that she needs you but deep down i expect she's real glad for you, hope it all works out for you LisaT
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:09 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light
Red face Re: April 2007 Applicants

Hi ALL!

Oh my god It's great to finally have someone to talk to. We applied for 136 modl - received 4/4/2007, meds sent begginning Sept, just playing the waiting game

Anyone else with a similar time line that wants to send some support? feel like i'm going crazy:curse: My head is spinning with it all, feels like we have been waiting forever!

Hope someone wants to talk to me!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by betsyboob
Hi ALL!

Oh my god It's great to finally have someone to talk to. We applied for 136 modl - received 4/4/2007, meds sent begginning Sept, just playing the waiting game

Anyone else with a similar time line that wants to send some support? feel like i'm going crazy:curse: My head is spinning with it all, feels like we have been waiting forever!

Hope someone wants to talk to me!
Hi

We got exactly same timeline. Waiting does drive u crazy dont it. Where r u from?

Suexx
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Hi Betsyboo and welcome

Nessyp and BBQ King I have sent you some karma, fingers crossed it does the trick.

Lisa, so sorry to hear about your sister. We are now living with Marc's parents and I had a wobble last night and started crying saying I couldn't go through with it as my dad is STILL not talking to me, mum being a bitchy with the comments etc., and my 6 year old came home and said we were going in 11 weeks and it freaked me out big time. Woke up today and I am absolutely fine and back to being excited. Don't know how this is going to make you feel better, but just keep talking to her, reasurring her that you will have phones, mobiles, email, sms etc and only a plane ride away! Good luck

Nicx
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:05 am

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by suesk
Hi

We got exactly same timeline. Waiting does drive u crazy dont it. Where r u from?

Suexx
Hi, I'm from Worthing Sussex - not far from Brighton

We are hoping to move to WA, possibly Fremantle or Secret Harbour but not sure as haven't actually been there yet! There are 4 of us, Myself, my partner (plumber) and our two sons aged 3yrs and 8months. We are umming and rrring over when to actually go when we do get the visa.... my son is due to start primary in Sept 2008...dont know if it would be best not to start hiim, he doesn't start primary in Oz until Jan 2010!
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:06 am
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nic938
Hi Betsyboo and welcome

Nessyp and BBQ King I have sent you some karma, fingers crossed it does the trick.

Lisa, so sorry to hear about your sister. We are now living with Marc's parents and I had a wobble last night and started crying saying I couldn't go through with it as my dad is STILL not talking to me, mum being a bitchy with the comments etc., and my 6 year old came home and said we were going in 11 weeks and it freaked me out big time. Woke up today and I am absolutely fine and back to being excited. Don't know how this is going to make you feel better, but just keep talking to her, reasurring her that you will have phones, mobiles, email, sms etc and only a plane ride away! Good luck

Nicx
i know how you feel, for the last 12 months i've been fine, but now the realisation that in 4 weeks (roughly) i wont just be able to pop round and see my mum is kicking in, and last night i started to think, is this really the best thing to do?, im fine today but i didnt think i would get wobbles like that
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Maverick - I think we are going to have a few more wobbles as the time gets closer, but deep down we know we have to give it a shot. How many people would be so happy to be in our position 4 weeks - I never realised you were going so quick. Good luck and enjoy!

Betsyboob (think that is right ) - we too are going to Perth, hoping to settle in Secret Harbour/Halls Head and we fly 3rd Jan. My little boy started primary school this September and I too wasn't sure as he goes back the way to kindergarten in Jan 08in Perth. But I figured that he would at least have a head start and learning and I also would get much more done with him being at school all day

Nicx
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Nic938
Maverick - I think we are going to have a few more wobbles as the time gets closer, but deep down we know we have to give it a shot. How many people would be so happy to be in our position 4 weeks - I never realised you were going so quick. Good luck and enjoy!

Betsyboob (think that is right ) - we too are going to Perth, hoping to settle in Secret Harbour/Halls Head and we fly 3rd Jan. My little boy started primary school this September and I too wasn't sure as he goes back the way to kindergarten in Jan 08in Perth. But I figured that he would at least have a head start and learning and I also would get much more done with him being at school all day

Nicx
I like your thinking! only thing is... i'm a little concerned about living costs in Oz and feel that we may need two f/t wages coming in, with a 1yr old and a three year old...that doesn't even start kindy until jan 09! I'm not going to be ale to afford to work...only evening work. Am wondering if we would be better off moving mid 2009, giving our son 1yr at school and enough time when we get there to enrol him for a school there.

Like i said...my head is spinning!:curse:
Old Oct 11th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I like your thinking! only thing is... i'm a little concerned about living costs in Oz and feel that we may need two f/t wages coming in, with a 1yr old and a three year old...that doesn't even start kindy until jan 09! I'm not going to be ale to afford to work...only evening work. Am wondering if we would be better off moving mid 2009, giving our son 1yr at school and enough time when we get there to enrol him for a school there.

Like i said...my head is spinning!:curse:
Did you say your OH was a plumber? Trades seem to be well paid over there I have heard. OH is a brickie. Have you got any friends or family there? The only thing that would worry me SLIGHTLY is how much the houses will go up in another year when the rail line is put in from Mandurah to Perth! Saying that you will get more equityfor your house here in the UK so it is swings and roundabouts. I figure I will have to get some sort of evening work too but I would rather be out there doing that and enjoying the lifestyle, beach life, warmer weather etc than sitting here wishing a year of my life away to get there! Things always have a way of working out. What does your partner want to do?

Nicx
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=betsyboob;5412462]Hi, I'm from Worthing Sussex - not far from Brighton

We are hoping to move to WA, possibly Fremantle or Secret Harbour but not sure as haven't actually been there yet! There are 4 of us, Myself, my partner (plumber) and our two sons aged 3yrs and 8months. We are umming and rrring over when to actually go when we do get the visa.... my son is due to start primary in Sept 2008...dont know if it would be best not to start hiim, he doesn't start primary in Oz until Jan 2010![/QUOTE

Hi

We are hoping to go to Brisbane, sunshine coast anywhere we can find a job for OH really. We hope to go b4 xmas but the way things r at mo think it will b more like jan. You got a big decision to make then regarding the children and schooling.

Good luck with your plans

Suexx]
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:04 pm

He is ready to up and go....me too, except, I have got myself in a bit of a pickle. I had heard that visa's take well in excess of a year to go through so, worrying about the work situation, i applied for a pgce course(teaching). I was supposed to start in Sept, and would have it finished by July 08 but it has all been delayed and i am due to start either this Nov or (more probable)Jan. Only thing is that means that i wont be finished by the time our visa will expire, and although we could validate it would cost a lot as my partner is Self employed so gets no hols etc. Am thinking that i may be better doing a course over there, only thing is that it is funded here.

We have just had house valued, and, if we were to sell up now and buy in Oz we could have a 50% mortagage...very appealling.

What's Halls hill like? Where are you from and what visa r u appling for?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:06 pm

[QUOTE=suesk;5412633]
Hi, I'm from Worthing Sussex - not far from Brighton

We are hoping to move to WA, possibly Fremantle or Secret Harbour but not sure as haven't actually been there yet! There are 4 of us, Myself, my partner (plumber) and our two sons aged 3yrs and 8months. We are umming and rrring over when to actually go when we do get the visa.... my son is due to start primary in Sept 2008...dont know if it would be best not to start hiim, he doesn't start primary in Oz until Jan 2010![/QUOTE

Hi

We are hoping to go to Brisbane, sunshine coast anywhere we can find a job for OH really. We hope to go b4 xmas but the way things r at mo think it will b more like jan. You got a big decision to make then regarding the children and schooling.

Good luck with your plans

Suexx]

Hi Sue, what does your OH do? have you looked on the jobs forum on this site there are some jobs in Brisbane x
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:08 pm

[QUOTE=betsyboob;5412668]

Hi Sue, what does your OH do? have you looked on the jobs forum on this site there are some jobs in Brisbane x
Sorry Sue....He's a brickie isn't he....duh
Old Oct 11th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=betsyboob;5412668]

hi

OH metal machinist and typical everything i look at at the mo no jobs Nevermind tho im sure stacking shelves is good a job as any lol

Suexx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.