approval needed before applying for 175?

Old Jun 1st 2011, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all
Default approval needed before applying for 175?

One of my friend is about to apply for 175 VISA within a few days. I have heard somewhere that there is a new recent requirement in lodging 175 visa in which you need to obtain some kind of APPROVAL before applying for the visa application.

My Questions are.

1) Is there any such change and if so, it is in effect?

2) Can someone refer a link to details of this recent change?

Thanks for help.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:39 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: approval needed before applying for 175?

Originally Posted by oliman
One of my friend is about to apply for 175 VISA within a few days. I have heard somewhere that there is a new recent requirement in lodging 175 visa in which you need to obtain some kind of APPROVAL before applying for the visa application.

My Questions are.

1) Is there any such change and if so, it is in effect?

2) Can someone refer a link to details of this recent change?

Thanks for help.
www.immi.gov.au is the link
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

oliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to alloliman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorothy
www.immi.gov.au is the link
Anyone else heard about this approval thing?
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Approval from who? And which grapevine did you hear it on? The same rules still apply in that your friend needs to meet the visa requirements which are laid out on the link already given.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:54 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Approval from who? And which grapevine did you hear it on? The same rules still apply in that your friend needs to meet the visa requirements which are laid out on the link already given.
All-Australian IQ Measurement Committee seems to be the appropriate approving authority. I have also heard that they will wave the IELTS requirements if you ask them "please" three times.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:55 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newjersey
All-Australian IQ Measurement Committee seems to be the appropriate approving authority. I have also heard that they will wave the IELTS requirements if you ask them "please" three times.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

I will say 'please' to you but just one time as...

Please shut up if you don't have a straight answer to somebody's question!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:04 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

?
Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:07 am
Home and Happy

I've given you a straight answer. Why on earth do you think you need approval to apply for a visa? You apply, its granted or refused. Even the Aussies aren't daft enough to make you apply for a visa to allow you to apply for a visa. Are you sure you aren't confusing it with a skills assessment?
Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:08 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
?
Its called humour. If you're going to live here you need to get used to it
Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:09 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

may be you were looking for this
Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

I've given you a straight answer. Why on earth do you think you need approval to apply for a visa? You apply, its granted or refused. Even the Aussies aren't daft enough to make you apply for a visa to allow you to apply for a visa. Are you sure you aren't confusing it with a skills assessment?
Thank you Pollyanna for your reply. No, I am not confusing it with skill assessment. I heard about approval thing from someone and just wanted to quickly confirm if it is applicable at current time. I am not in touch with immigration thing since last few months, so I just wanted to have a quick opinion on this.

Last edited by oliman; Jun 1st 2011 at 10:16 am.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 10:48 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
may be you were looking for this
Thats possible - fair way off though if it is that.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:12 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Thats possible - fair way off though if it is that.
it does nothing except stretching out the queue beyond its measurable point, which is the point of the application. People now waiting for case officer allocation and what not in this case will be waiting for their expression of interest to come through but then face a more reliable timeline. The "processing time" measured from the point of application to the grant will indeed become shorter, but that's an after dinner lounge small object manipulation gimmick. I can see that introduction of quotas per occupation will make the program (finally!) work for the economy, that's a definitely positive development.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 11:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You got a straight answer - see post #2 - but you didn't like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.