Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

APPROACHING AUSTRALIAN COMPANIES/RECRUITMENT AGENCIES

Wikiposts

APPROACHING AUSTRALIAN COMPANIES/RECRUITMENT AGENCIES

Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

s_campbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default APPROACHING AUSTRALIAN COMPANIES/RECRUITMENT AGENCIES

Hi everybody,

I am a part-qualified accountant due to visit Australia later this year.

I was wondering is it possible (or has anyone tried) to approach Australian companies/job agencies with an up to date CV with the intention of securing a job & therefore a sponsored visa to work in Oz

Any replies/advice is much appreciated!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: APPROACHING AUSTRALIAN COMPANIES/RECRUITMENT AGENCIES

Originally Posted by s_campbell
Hi everybody,

I was wondering is it possible (or has anyone tried) to approach Australian companies/job agencies with an up to date CV with the intention of securing a job & therefore a sponsored visa to work in Oz

Hays in Perth recommended I contact them about a month before arrival, but it could be worth asking if they work with any companies that may offer sponsorship.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

s_campbell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nikil,

thanks for the quick reply - think i will try contacting a few agencies and see where that gets me.

You are CIMA qualified aren't you? I have my finals and top cima to do. Don't really want to hang around the UK for another couple of years though until its all finished and work experience requirements met!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody,

Hi,

I came across on a working holiday (417) visa and got 457 sponsorship once I was over here (now work as a contractor for an agency), although I think they have changed the rules on 457's more recently re the companies that can sponsor people so that's not as easy to do apparently. The agencies would know better though.

It would be worth contacting the big agencies when you're over and having a chat. Checking www.seek.com.au or www.mycareer.com.au for the types of jobs that interest you will let you see which agencies are best to target. Hudson is one of the biggest, and FinXL is another as is Hays as NikiL mentioned.

Cheers,

Nick
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nikil,

thanks for the quick reply - think i will try contacting a few agencies and see where that gets me.

You are CIMA qualified aren't you? I have my finals and top cima to do. Don't really want to hang around the UK for another couple of years though until its all finished and work experience requirements met!
I am (for my sins!). If you're looking at the Perth area I can recommend Hays, they were recommended to me by another ACMA (with her background she might be a Fellow) who's been in Perth for a while now, and having spoken to them a few weeks ago they really were great, couldn't have been more helpful when I asked them about salary expectations & the current market.

Best of luck, the things people do to avoid Financial Strategy
Niki
Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

angel659 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am really interested in this. My husband is studying CIMA certificate at the moment. I know we didnt want to wait around for the two year mark either. My husband is an Accountant by experience. He has only started his CIMA Cert to get into Oz. If you find out anything can you let me know. In the mean time I will email Hays too.