Applying for Visa.

Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:54 am
Just Joined

debsyj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for Visa.

After a few years of discussing it. Me and my partner have finally decided to look into applying for a visa. I don't think I have ever been so confused.

How do we find out what visa we need to apply for, there are so many!

Who can we ask for help.

How did all you guys do it? It looks far too difficult.

What's it like in Australia for jobs at the minute? Is it as bad as here in the UK?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for Visa.

You've been given the link to the DIAC Immigration and Visa website and that's where you have to start. They have a very good Visa Wizard which should narrow things down for you.

It's generally straightfoward providing you download the right booklet and you search thoroughly on here for your specific questions. If you can't find the answers, then just ask, making your title clear and you'll get responses from those who have been there done that.

If you decide you can't do it yourself and you have a couple of grand (pounds) handy then you need to find yourself a MARA registered Agent. There are a few on there who are very good and have a great reputation.

Aus is not officially in a recession but things are definitely tight and jobs are few and far between. Life, work, bills, government, hooligans, trouble, immigrants, etc etc etc are much the same as in the UK so if those are the things you want to get away from, Aus is not the place. No idea where is though, the saying 'same shit, shinier bucket' is valid for every first world country in the world.

The Immigration site is the place to start. If you don't have the necessary criteria to get a visa, it's all irrelevant so do the Visa Wizard and go from there.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Paulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nice

You have to ask yourself if you or your partner have a skill that Australia requires ? If yes hopefully you can get a visa that matches your skill. Hope this helps ?
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:38 am
Just Joined

debsyj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paulie H
You have to ask yourself if you or your partner have a skill that Australia requires ? If yes hopefully you can get a visa that matches your skill. Hope this helps ?

How do we find this out?
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsyj
How do we find this out?
You do the Visa Wizard on the DIAC forum as previously suggested.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsyj
How do we find this out?
www.immi.gov.au
Old Jun 19th 2009, 11:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...85&postcount=2
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Paulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nice

Sadly unlike UK you can't just show up and look for a job Australia are fairly (VERY) strick who they let in. If you have a trade/Service that they require you have a chance ! But otherwise that's it ! Perhaps the UK should adopted the same policy!!! Radical i know
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly unlike UK you can't just show up and look for a job Australia are fairly (VERY) strick who they let in. If you have a trade/Service that they require you have a chance ! But otherwise that's it ! Perhaps the UK should adopted the same policy!!! Radical i know
They did. That's why I live in Australia and not England, which was my first choice.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Me also . Missing the Uk...... NOT
Old Jun 20th 2009, 9:40 am
Still alive

Me also . Missing the Uk...... NOT
I think you missed my point which was that not just anyone can turn up and look for a job. My husband and I don't qualify to live or work in UK so we moved to Australia where we did qualify. You may wish to read the Home Office website for the requirements for non-EU members to move to UK.
Old Jun 20th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

You must of missed mine ! You should of hidden in the back of a lorry/airplane and once you had reached Dover claimed your council house ,car and benifits