Applying as a Teacher - Degrees Awaited

Old Oct 14th 2010, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

uppalpankaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying as a Teacher - Degrees Awaited

I am due to apply for skill assessment on the basis of my wife who is a teacher and has the required experience.

Problem is that university is taking too long to issue the degrees of the two courses. I have already been waiting from the past 4-5 months.

So, in this case is it possible to apply for skill assessment to AITSL without the degrees and only the marksheets and giving a statutory declaration in which the details of courses are mentioned and a statement that the degrees are awaited?

Has anyone been in such as situation before and applied to any skill assessment body with only marksheets and no degrees?

What should I do? Please advice.
Old Oct 14th 2010, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice
Default Re: Applying as a Teacher - Degrees Awaited

I have a question about that. You write that your wife has got the experience, but Teach Australia requires 2 years of teaching experience. If you "just" wait for 4 to 5 months for your degrees to be issued. How can you have the 2 years of experience?
And have you got all other papers ready? As IELTS and so on?
I have been through the process of applying with Teach Australia recently. They said that they just process an application when all papers are there. From that point on it takes about 8 weeks. I had my IELTS sent to then directely from the British Council, so it arrived there later than the rest of my papers. When it was there I got a mail, telling me that all papers were there and it would take now up to 8 weeks.
But remember you need to provide evidence of 2 years work experience as the teacher you apply for (means primary or secondary).
Regards
Petra
Old Oct 15th 2010, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

She does have the experience. She had completed the B.Sc. course way back in1998 and then MCA course in 2001. She completed her professional degree (B.Ed.) in 2008. So, she has the required experience.

She has the B.Ed. degree. But surprisingly, the university has not issued the B.Sc. and MCA degrees which we r awaiting.

She did her IELTS with overall 8.0 in June 2010.

So what should be done? Should I apply with only marksheets of B.Sc and MCA and a statutory declaration for them or wait for the degrees further?

Last edited by uppalpankaj; Oct 15th 2010 at 5:55 am.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Please advise...
Old Oct 16th 2010, 7:01 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uppalpankaj
Please advise...
Why not contact the skills assessing authority and ask them? They would certainly know what they will accept more than anyone here would.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Dorothy.