Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Applying for State sponsorship now, does NOT make sense. Read why

Wikiposts

Applying for State sponsorship now, does NOT make sense. Read why

Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

reddragon81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for State sponsorship now, does NOT make sense. Read why

Hello,

i have come to the conclusion that applying for state sponsorship now, does not make any sense

read the reason below

Because of the new CSL, since December 2008 (when it was announced that only CSL or state sponsored applications would have been processed from march 2009 till June 2009) the number of State sponsorship applicants has increased enormously.
The processing time for state sponsorship, that once was 3-4 weeks, has now become 3-4 months.
Therefore, by applying now, the applicant would be granted the State sponsorship in at least 3 months (July 2009).
But starting from June 2009, state sponsored applicants will not be processed faster than others anymore, because starting from June DIAC will resume (re-start the processing of) all applications that have been put on pause on the 16th of March.
Therefore the waiting time for state sponsored applicants will be the same it used to be before March (the same as a normal 175).

I have applied for state sponsorship, because i thought that this would have speeded up my application, but i have later realized that it will not be like this.
State sponsorship will only speed up PR applications that have been already lodged or will be lodged BEFORE JUNE 2009!

Last edited by reddragon81; Apr 15th 2009 at 4:09 am.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

vsnb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for State sponsorship now, does NOT make sense. Read why

Originally Posted by reddragon81
Hello,

i have come to the conclusion that applying for state sponsorship now, does not make any sense

read the reason below

Because of the new CSL, since December 2008 (when it was announced that only CSL or state sponsored applications would have been processed from march 2009 till June 2009) the number of State sponsorship applicants has increased enormously.
The processing time for state sponsorship, that once was 3-4 weeks, has now become 3-4 months.
Therefore, by applying now, the applicant would be granted the State sponsorship in at least 3 months (July 2009).
But starting from June 2009, state sponsored applicants will not be processed faster than others anymore, because starting from June DIAC will resume (re-start the processing of) all applications that have been put on pause on the 16th of March.
Therefore the waiting time for state sponsored applicants will be the same it used to be before March (the same as a normal 175).

I just applied for state sponsorship today, because i thought that this would have speeded up my application, but i have later realized that it will not be like this.
nice try
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

man im serious
they clearly stated that UNTIL JUNE only state sponsored and CSL applications will be processed. Do you think that normal applications will never be resumed ? That people that applied 1 year ago being on MODL but not CSL will be kept on hold forever?
All the applications that have been put on hold until June, will be resumed in June, and at that point State sponsored won't have the faster processing advantage anymore. They just have it now, because an enormous number of "non CSL/non state sponsored" applications have been put on hold.

Last edited by reddragon81; Apr 15th 2009 at 4:18 am.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:17 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Where'd you get that information? On the offical weekly update email!?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:18 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

Do you think that normal applications will never be resumed ? That people that applied 1 year ago being on MODL but not CSL will be put on hold forever?
but isnt impossible
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Where'd you get that information? On the offical weekly update email!?

what information ?
The one about June?
wait i'll look for an official link
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:23 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

what information ?
The one about June?
wait i'll look for an official link
If it's not officially from DIAC then it's probably speculation and 'scare-mongering' to stop so many people applying for state sponsorship!?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

from another topic http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585321

DIAC has implied that only CSL, State sponsorship, employer sponsored applicants will be processed for the rest of the program year (up to end of June 2009) ie no visas will be issued to SOL applicants up to end of June. They can still apply but the length of their wait is uncertain
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:33 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

from another topic http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=585321

DIAC has implied that only CSL, State sponsorship, employer sponsored applicants will be processed for the rest of the program year (up to end of June 2009) ie no visas will be issued to SOL applicants up to end of June. They can still apply but the length of their wait is uncertain
That thread is nearly 3 months old, and a lot of changes have occurred since. As I said previous, it's purely speculation, which is something a lot of people like to do on this forum, so unless it's from DIAC, three words spring to mind 'Pinch Of Salt!!!'

I would anticipate the current priority processing order will remain for the rest of this migration year, and after that? Who knows, the answer is, nobody! So don't panic, as in turn, you will panic others, and we're all going through a lot of stress with the constant changing of goalposts that is the migration experience!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

read the reason below

I have applied for state sponsorship, because i thought that this would have speeded up my application, but i have later realized that it will not be like this.
State sponsorship will only speed up PR applications that have been already lodged or will be lodged BEFORE JUNE 2009!
I think you have misunderstand the information. State sponsored and CSL visas have priority and that will remain the case until such time as DIAC say otherwise. They have not said priority will be removed in June 2009.
However, they have obviously assessed the number of applications and decided they can assess the majority of SSVs/CSLs by June thus possibly allowing other types to be assessed later in the year but SSVs/CSLs will remain the priority.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
That thread is nearly 3 months old, and a lot of changes have occurred since. As I said previous, it's purely speculation, which is something a lot of people like to do on this forum, so unless it's from DIAC, three words spring to mind 'Pinch Of Salt!!!'

I would anticipate the current priority processing order will remain for the rest of this migration year, and after that? Who knows, the answer is, nobody! So don't panic, as in turn, you will panic others, and we're all going through a lot of stress with the constant changing of goalposts that is the migration experience!
Ok then sorry. IT was not my intention to create panic
I was just thinkin logically.
Applications that have been already lodged cannot be kept on hold forever. Sooner or later they will have to be processed.
At the end of the fiscal/financial year, new caps will be set by DIAC about the number of immigrations for the year 2009/2010, and MODL and also non-MODL applications will have to be resumed.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:43 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Ok then sorry. IT was not my intention to create panic
I was just thinkin logically.
Applications that have been already lodged cannot be kept on hold forever. Sooner or later they will have to be processed.
At the end of the fiscal/financial year, new caps will be set by DIAC about the number of immigrations for the year 2009/2010, and MODL and also non-MODL applications will have to be resumed.
I know, it's a nightmare as I'm neither MODL nor CSL...so yes, eventually they will have to process our visas, but it might not necessarily even be in the 2009/2010 year, could be after that, so let's just sit tight and see....
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

The processing time for state sponsorship, that once was 3-4 weeks, has now become 3-4 months.[/U]
In my knowledge it's up to 10 weeks nowadays which is 2 months and a half not 3-4 months and it's not been even 4 months since the new priorities took effect.

[/U]
It's end of June 2009 and remember all the people applied for state sponsorship before end of June 2009 will likely have their CO's by that time and new CSL application will be in the queue and if (and only if) they resume the MODL applications then it will be done according date of lodgement that is starting with August 2007 applications. So yes it won't effect CSL applicant's (or not really much difference), but that is how it was designed for the long run, However for non-CSL applicants it makes huge difference.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 4:55 am
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice

Originally Posted by mavios
In my knowledge it's up to 10 weeks nowadays which is 2 months and a half not 3-4 months and it's not been even 4 months since the new priorities took effect.

It's end of June 2009 and remember all the people applied for state sponsorship before end of June 2009 will likely have their CO's by that time and new CSL application will be in the queue and if (and only if) they resume the MODL applications then it will be done according date of lodgement that is starting with August 2007 applications. So yes it won't effect CSL applicant's (or not really much difference), but that is how it was designed for the long run, However for non-CSL applicants it makes huge difference.

But if they resume MODL applications after July...then definitely its going to affect the CSL guys big time...bcoz they will be in the queue
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

mavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond reputemavios has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ajt
But if they resume MODL applications after July...then definitely its going to affect the CSL guys big time...bcoz they will be in the queue
CSL is the priority not MODL so they will make sure it won't, that is on the assumption of resuming the MODL after July 2009. They might simply wait more. No one knows for sure. That's why I think it's not fair to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.