Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Applying for skilled independent (sublclass189) visa

Applying for skilled independent (sublclass189) visa

Old Feb 21st 2013, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Haroon29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for skilled independent (sublclass189) visa

Hey i have a bachelor (honours) in biotechnology form pakistan with 6 year part time job experience as laboratory scientist (a skill present in SOL 1) so i was wondering if i could now apply for permanent Residency (PR) in Australia. And to add to the information i also have got 7.5 bands in IELTS.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Malikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really niceMalikkhi is just really nice
Default Re: Applying for skilled independent (sublclass189) visa

Originally Posted by Haroon29
Hey i have a bachelor (honours) in biotechnology form pakistan with 6 year part time job experience as laboratory scientist (a skill present in SOL 1) so i was wondering if i could now apply for permanent Residency (PR) in Australia. And to add to the information i also have got 7.5 bands in IELTS.
This link "Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa" will be the good starting point for you.
If you are able to score 60 points based on the Factors mention here. Then you need to first file a EOI and once you get the invitation to apply from DIAC aganist your EOI then u can go ahead with your 189 visa application.
Just keep in mind , you need successful Skill assessment and IELTS result at the time of your EOI lodgement

Last edited by Malikkhi; Feb 21st 2013 at 10:43 pm. Reason: Add more Info