applying for RSMS 187

Old Sep 23rd 2013, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

sparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond repute
Cool applying for RSMS 187

Hi all,

I will soon be looking at applying for an RSMS as an electrician. I am qualified in the UK and have done an otsr in Australia.

Does anyone know if I have to be qualified in Australia to apply for the visa or will the otst be enough?

Thanks all
Spaky james
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 2:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: applying for RSMS 187

Originally Posted by sparkyjames
Hi all,

I will soon be looking at applying for an RSMS as an electrician. I am qualified in the UK and have done an otsr in Australia.

Does anyone know if I have to be qualified in Australia to apply for the visa or will the otst be enough?

Thanks all
Spaky james
Hi Sparky James,

The OTSR is the recognised award for a successful skills assessment for sparkies from the UK.

Everything you should need to know about the 187 is on the skill select site and in booklet 5 - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1131.pdf
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

sparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi Sparky James,

The OTSR is the recognised award for a successful skills assessment for sparkies from the UK.

Everything you should need to know about the 187 is on the skill select site and in booklet 5 - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1131.pdf
Thanks for the quick reply. On top of the otsr I also have a temporary license and from I can see this is adequate. I've heard a few times now though that you need to be fully licensed.

Have you been through this yourself?
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 2:30 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkyjames
Thanks for the quick reply. On top of the otsr I also have a temporary license and from I can see this is adequate. I've heard a few times now though that you need to be fully licensed.

Have you been through this yourself?
Not 187 - I'm 176 state sponsored. My OTSR is from Vic Uni, and that's all that I needed in terms of skills assessment. I didn't get supervised license until I got here. Only been here a little while, so still working on the A license as well
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

blue_bird is an unknown quantity at this point

We also willing to apply for subclass 187 and have question about the education. My husband who is the main applicant has graduated from Uni in Canada and holds honour Diploma. Does Diploma enough to apply for that visa? Or he needs to hold Degree?
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by blue_bird
We also willing to apply for subclass 187 and have question about the education. My husband who is the main applicant has graduated from Uni in Canada and holds honour Diploma. Does Diploma enough to apply for that visa? Or he needs to hold Degree?
The 187 is an employer sponsored visa - info here http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/187.aspx
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

The 187 is an employer sponsored visa - info here http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/187.aspx
We completed EOI and the system gave us this option under subclass 187 as Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) (Permanent) with the option to apply right away. It seems too easy so we wonder is Diploma enough or not... Thank you in advance for any advise.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 11:30 am

We completed EOI and the system gave us this option under subclass 187 as Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) (Permanent) with the option to apply right away. It seems too easy so we wonder is Diploma enough or not... Thank you in advance for any advise.
Do you have an employer to sponsor you then?
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Do you have an employer to sponsor you then?
We have not looked for the employer - we just completed EOI through SkillSelect website and system gave option to apply. Actually, we are self-employed here in UK. My husband has graduated from Uni as Web Developer, has 8 years work experience in this field in Canada and continues here. So, in total he's got 13 years experience in this field.

Now, you asked if we do have an employer to sponsor us - our answer: "No, we do not have as we have not looked for it." In the SkillSelect we've got two visa's options to apply for: "Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) (Permanent)" and "Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) (Permanent)" . We clicked on the second (Subclass 187) and filled all application but have not submitted yet. We would like to finish it and pay for it but wonder if his Diploma will work for it or it should be degree...

Can anybody give us some provable information so we can go ahead and complete it? Will tell in front - we do not want to hire any migration agent.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 2:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We have not looked for the employer - we just completed EOI through SkillSelect website and system gave option to apply. Actually, we are self-employed here in UK. My husband has graduated from Uni as Web Developer, has 8 years work experience in this field in Canada and continues here. So, in total he's got 13 years experience in this field.

Now, you asked if we do have an employer to sponsor us - our answer: "No, we do not have as we have not looked for it." In the SkillSelect we've got two visa's options to apply for: "Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) (Permanent)" and "Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 187) (Permanent)" . We clicked on the second (Subclass 187) and filled all application but have not submitted yet. We would like to finish it and pay for it but wonder if his Diploma will work for it or it should be degree...

Can anybody give us some provable information so we can go ahead and complete it? Will tell in front - we do not want to hire any migration agent.
http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/187.aspx
This information tells you what you need to do to ap
ply for a Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187).

You can apply for this visa only after you have been nominated by your employer in Australia. You must lodge your application within six months of the nomination being approved. You must apply for the visa in the stream in which your employer nominated you or your visa application could be refused.