Wikiposts

Applying for PCC from overseas

Old Mar 22nd 2012, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

aanitahir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for PCC from overseas

Hi, all of seniors who guide me in first step of my visa application. After 10 months & at last stage of my visa aplication i come back again in this forum to seek advice.

I applied 176 on 30th May 2011 from Pakistan. Now I am in dubai and receive medical and pcc request on 19 March 2012 with 28 days time frame.

My spouse had south african permanent residence but he didnt went back to south africa after feb 2011 and he had pcc from south africa issued on March 2011 with no expiry date on it. Even though we submit this PCC on the time of submit visa application our CO ask PCC for both of us. Making PCC from Pakistan is not an issue but for my spouse pcc from south africa may take 6 to 8 week.

Please advise do we resubmit the same PCC of south africa with note that he didnt visit South africa after issue of this PCC or we ask for extension of time to submit new PCC from south africa which is 4 to 8 weeks.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for PCC from overseas

For the purposes of DIAC, PCCs are normally good for 12 months.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
For the purposes of DIAC, PCCs are normally good for 12 months.
Did you know any link from DIAC that show PCC report validity for visa.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aanitahir
Did you know any link from DIAC that show PCC report validity for visa.
You have the answer, if you doubt it then do a search - you will find this question & answer mentioned a lot.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

South africa police report issue date was 3rd March 2011, now more than 1 year but his last exit from south africa is feb 2011. So we can submit that PCC or not. Advise appreciated on experience or on information basis.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 10:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

South africa police report issue date was 3rd March 2011, now more than 1 year but his last exit from south africa is feb 2011. So we can submit that PCC or not. Advise appreciated on experience or on information basis.
You have already been told that for DIAC purposes the police clearance is only valid for 12 months. You chose not to believe it, so I'm not sure what you want to hear.

The short answer to your question is that yes, he will require a new police clearance from South Africa. If he applies for it today you upload the recipt to show that you have applied. That's all you can do.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

My police report from Pakistan was issued in May 2011 and CO ask again PCC with medical even though its less than a year. Any advise?
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 11:00 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

My police report from Pakistan was issued in May 2011 and CO ask again PCC with medical even though its less than a year. Any advise?
If you submit that PCC, and you get the grant, you would only have until May to be able to move. It would be sensible to get a new PCC.
Old Mar 22nd 2012, 11:41 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. The advice is to provide what the case officer asks for.
Old Mar 23rd 2012, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

herbert_dickens is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,I am facing one problem regarding for my PCC application.Previously I have done the PCC and submit to DIAC.As it was expired already, so CO request for PCC again.According to that, I have applied for PCC again at 19th March and hopefully I will get that at the end of this month.My problem is:Last month(February 2012) I have changed my house and in February 2012, I have sent the Form_1022-Notification of Change in Circumstances mentioning the current residnetial address.But in my Passport, my address was the previous one that I was living untill January 2012.From the Police Daprtment , they have mentioned that they will provide PCC according to address mentioned in the Passport.
So will it be a problem if the address is accroding to the Passport address as I already shifted my house from that address last month?

If in the PCC, if I like to mention the current residential address, then I have change the Passport address newly and applied for PCC again which will be tough for me to complete the process within the 28 days time frame.I am from Bangladesh.

Please suggest your valuable opinion.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 2:18 am
Just Joined

hahamed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by herbert_dickens
Hi,I am facing one problem regarding for my PCC application.Previously I have done the PCC and submit to DIAC.As it was expired already, so CO request for PCC again.According to that, I have applied for PCC again at 19th March and hopefully I will get that at the end of this month.My problem is:Last month(February 2012) I have changed my house and in February 2012, I have sent the Form_1022-Notification of Change in Circumstances mentioning the current residnetial address.But in my Passport, my address was the previous one that I was living untill January 2012.From the Police Daprtment , they have mentioned that they will provide PCC according to address mentioned in the Passport.
So will it be a problem if the address is accroding to the Passport address as I already shifted my house from that address last month?

If in the PCC, if I like to mention the current residential address, then I have change the Passport address newly and applied for PCC again which will be tough for me to complete the process within the 28 days time frame.I am from Bangladesh.

Please suggest your valuable opinion.
My understanding is u give 1 PCC per Country (where u were resident cumulative 1 year ie 365 days in last 10 Years), so address change within same country shouldn't matter. PCC validity is 1 year - btw

Last edited by hahamed; Apr 15th 2012 at 2:21 am.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Finally I got my PR on 13-04-2012. I applied on 31st May sub class 176 and received medical and PCC request on 19 March. Thanks for all valuable suggestion.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 4:19 am
Just Joined

hahamed is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally I got my PR on 13-04-2012. I applied on 31st May sub class 176 and received medical and PCC request on 19 March. Thanks for all valuable suggestion.
congrates!

good to see people getting grants while some still waiting
Old Apr 15th 2012, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hahamed
congrates!

good to see people getting grants while some still waiting
Thanks.Patience is a very neccessary.You will also get the result soon.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by herbert_dickens
Thanks.Patience is a very neccessary.You will also get the result soon.
My 176 Visa Granted 28th March 2012.CO request for PCC 14th March 2012.
I will go to Adelaide.Thanks all for your suggestion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.