applying for 489-need help

Old Feb 2nd 2015, 6:48 am
Banned

netad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant future
Default applying for 489-need help

Hello mates, just came to know from a friend about this forum you guys are doing a wonderful job. Hats off.

I am actually applying for 489 but need some help:

I have my assessment from the designated authority, i actually did in 2013 and it has a 2-years validity. Means it will expire on 13th August 2015.
My experience for which i will be able to claim points will be completed on 5th June, 2015.

Now my queries are

1. If i apply for South Australia Nomination (which takes 3 weeks) in June and i get invited. It normally takes 3-4 weeks to get assigned a visa officer. The visa officer will ask for re-assessment or he can reject my application in case my assessment gets expire by that time.

2. What way DIBP follow for counting experience. I mean to ask does DIBP count experience from the date i am invited OR from the date i apply for visa?

warm regards
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 7:14 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: applying for 489-need help

Originally Posted by netad
Hello mates, just came to know from a friend about this forum you guys are doing a wonderful job. Hats off.

I am actually applying for 489 but need some help:

I have my assessment from the designated authority, i actually did in 2013 and it has a 2-years validity. Means it will expire on 13th August 2015.
My experience for which i will be able to claim points will be completed on 5th June, 2015.

Now my queries are

1. If i apply for South Australia Nomination (which takes 3 weeks) in June and i get invited. It normally takes 3-4 weeks to get assigned a visa officer. The visa officer will ask for re-assessment or he can reject my application in case my assessment gets expire by that time.

2. What way DIBP follow for counting experience. I mean to ask does DIBP count experience from the date i am invited OR from the date i apply for visa?

warm regards
Points is easy - day you are invited. Over claiming points will likely lead to rejection and possible ban.

If your assessment was ACS under the old rules, I'd get the reassessment now. Any other group and I don't recall significant changes in their criteria.

The other problem you will have is end of financial year which may delay processing of the state nomination.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 7:21 am
Banned

netad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant futurenetad has a brilliant future

thank you for answering to my query. Pardon me for not understanding your answer.

you mean my experience is counted from the day i am invited?

yes my assessment is under ACS. Should i get new? I am actually running short of funds that why don't want to spend more money on assessment.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 7:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by netad
thank you for answering to my query. Pardon me for not understanding your answer.

you mean my experience is counted from the day i am invited?

yes my assessment is under ACS. Should i get new? I am actually running short of funds that why don't want to spend more money on assessment.
Does your assessment include a deeming date?

Experience is calculated at the time you lodge your EOI, which will need to be verified when you apply - you cannot forward date experience. If you lodge your EOI when you have 3 years experience, you would have to prove that you had that experience at the time you were invited - not a forward date.

(and it might be time of lodging the EOI not invite, sorry)
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 10:15 am
Banned

Yes it contains a deeming date. Should i go for another report?
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 10:57 am
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point

For such a case, 2 ways:

1. Get new assessment.

2. Apply with old assessment but be prepare to furnish proofs to your CO that you have continued with same profile (perhaps same job) over this period.
Please note that the CO has all power to reject your new proofs if he does not find them convincing & your points will then be lesser. A friend of mine had resubmit the reference letter again. Luckily for him he continued in same job same profile with same manager so the reference letter had everything same except for new dates.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 11:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ekhfaiz
For such a case, 2 ways:

1. Get new assessment.

2. Apply with old assessment but be prepare to furnish proofs to your CO that you have continued with same profile (perhaps same job) over this period.
Please note that the CO has all power to reject your new proofs if he does not find them convincing & your points will then be lesser. A friend of mine had resubmit the reference letter again. Luckily for him he continued in same job same profile with same manager so the reference letter had everything same except for new dates.
yes ekhfaiz, i am working with the same boss and same organisation. so i think that should not be a problem. Am i correct?
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 11:28 am
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it should work for you as well.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 12:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ekhfaiz
I guess it should work for you as well.

Ok thanks a lot.