British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Applying for 175 with 115 points ... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/applying-175-115-points-663826/)

rao_manoj2004 Apr 13th 2010 2:42 pm

Applying for 175 with 115 points ...

Hi,

I have 115 points at this moment and expect to get 5 point more from partner skills. My wife fulfills basic requirements (age<45, IELTS score> 6, 1 year of recent work exp.) and currently I am waiting for positive skill assessment for her from Vetassess.

Since I don't expect to hear from Vetassess before May 15, I have decide to file my 175 application with DIAC anytime before April 30th and claim 5 points for partner skills later on (after May 15th).

My query:
1) Will DIAC reject my application with 115 points or put my application on backseat.
2) Will DIAC consider my application again if I provide positive assessment from Vetassess.
3) I am on CSL, will my priority processing would get impacted.

Note: I have also applied for SS from south australia, just incase result of skill assessment for my wife is negative :)

haman Apr 13th 2010 2:47 pm

Re: Applying for 175 with 115 points ...

I would say wait for SS from SA or your wife's assessment before you apply, because if you do apply and can not get that extra 5 points you will lose your application fee. SS for SA will take up to 4 weeks if you haven't launched your application yet and does not cost any thing. I would apply for SS from SA and see what the result is. You may get your wife's answer by then as well.

rao_manoj2004 Apr 13th 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks Haman,

But I believe, DIAC don't reject application above 100 points. They just keep that application in database for future consideration incase threshold points are lowered below 120. Do you think, DIAC will ask for fee again if application is reconsidered when your application gets threshold point (either you convert 175 to 176 or you attain extra point later on)

haman Apr 13th 2010 4:20 pm

No they do not ask for another payment. My concern is what if the worst case scenario happens and you do not get either of them then you lose your application fee. I hope this does not happen to you, but it is a possibility.

rao_manoj2004 Apr 13th 2010 4:43 pm

Correct...in that case I will lose my fee.

But somehow I am confident that my wife would get positive skill assessment.

She would be assessed for 'Program and project Administrator'. Her qualification is MBA + BSc. She is curretly working as Project Coordinator in IBM and her responsibilities exactly matches with nominated occupation.

My concern is the impact on my application incase I don't attain 120 point at the time of applying. How DIAC would consider any information which is provided later on.

Bermudashorts Apr 13th 2010 5:05 pm

My understanding is that your points will be assessed once and once only. So you can lodge now and add information leading to extra points later and they will count so long as the extra information is added before somebody comes along and calculates your points.

You mention that you are CSL, CSL applications are being allocated CO very quickly at the moment so your points could be assessed before your wife's skills assessment is back and thus you would have 115 points.

I am not 100% certain on this, so would suggest you take some proper advise on this matter which is quite fine detail. If you don't want to take some proper advice, then take my advice, which is wait for the assessment and don't risk it.

rao_manoj2004 Apr 13th 2010 5:19 pm

Thanks Bermudashorts,

Yes. I agree, CO is normally assigned quickly for CSL and that is the danger area for me.

But somehow i have feeling that one should lodge application before April 30. Australia immigration has a history of coming up with sudden changes. Not sure what will come up after April 30th. Atleast, it is always better to be in a long queue rather than kept outside of a queue.

Bermudashorts Apr 13th 2010 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by rao_manoj2004 (Post 8493275)
Thanks Bermudashorts,

Yes. I agree, CO is normally assigned quickly for CSL and that is the danger area for me.

But somehow i have feeling that one should lodge application before April 30. Australia immigration has a history of coming up with sudden changes. Not sure what will come up after April 30th. Atleast, it is always better to be in a long queue rather than kept outside of a queue.

OK, but if what I say is correct, and I reiterate I am not 100% sure on this point, you might not be in a queue. If a CO looks at your application before you get the second skills assessment your application will go into the pool. And it will stay in the pool until DIAC lower the points requirement to 115.

welshtony Apr 13th 2010 10:02 pm

When you lodge a Class VE application, your application can meet subclass 175 criteria and/or 176 criteria to be approved. As bermuda says, when your score is assessed, it is locked in, but in the absence of any State Sponsorship, it is scored and locked against 175 criteria only and, if score is 100, 105, 110 or 115, it is pooled for 2 years. So as long as your spouse nominates her occupation in the application, you can score the extra 5 points for her ONLY if the skills assessment is received by DIAC prior to locking in the points for the 175 visa.

If while in the pool, or any time before, DIAC receive form 1100 for a 176 state sponsorship, or family sponsorship for that matter, a new points assessment is done under the 176 visa subclass. If the 100 points is made, which it surely would be as the spouse points could also be added on now if the spouse skills assessment came in late, the application is processed against 176 criteria and the Class VE visa is approved.

So, as you have already spotted, the danger is if no State/family sponsorship is forthcoming and spouse points are not scored for whatever reason.

Regards

Tony

rao_manoj2004 Apr 14th 2010 6:48 am

Thanks!! Welshtony & Bermudashorts for your valuable inputs :)

I have decided to wait till I receive my wife's skill assessment result. I know the whole process is slow and my patience would be tested to its limit ;)