Apply for visa 489...

Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

dilruk336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apply for visa 489...

Hi All,

I'm still searching possibilities for my migration process. My Spouse first cousin live in Melbourne and he's willing to sponsor us. So I'm planning applying for visa 489.Skill assessment done by ACS and obtained Computer System and Networking (263111).

Points I have gained :

Age - 30 points
Skilled employment - 5 points
English language ability - 0 points (Still Didn't do the IELTS Exam)
Educational qualifications - 15 points
Nomination/sponsorship at
time of invitation - 10 points

Total Points - 60 points

1) Since I got 60 points Can I submit the EOI application ?
2) Is there any one invited to apply with having 60 Marks ?

This can be some silly questions , but I'm waiting for your accurate responses.

Thank you.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 10:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apply for visa 489...

Originally Posted by dilruk336
Hi All,

I'm still searching possibilities for my migration process. My Spouse first cousin live in Melbourne and he's willing to sponsor us. So I'm planning applying for visa 489.Skill assessment done by ACS and obtained Computer System and Networking (263111).

Points I have gained :

Age - 30 points
Skilled employment - 5 points
English language ability - 0 points (Still Didn't do the IELTS Exam)
Educational qualifications - 15 points
Nomination/sponsorship at
time of invitation - 10 points

Total Points - 60 points

1) Since I got 60 points Can I submit the EOI application ?
2) Is there any one invited to apply with having 60 Marks ?

This can be some silly questions , but I'm waiting for your accurate responses.

Thank you.
I don't know about invitations, but you have to have proof of competent english to apply either by IELTS test or citizenship and valid passport from a nominated country (UK, USA, Ireland, Canada or NZ)
Old Nov 7th 2012, 3:55 am
Just Joined

ashplatz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Apply for visa 489...

It is highly unlikely you will be invited to make an application for a 489 visa when you have 60 points. You can make an EOI and submit this if you have 60 point. However without an IELTS exam you cannot make a valid EOI submission as you won’t have IELTS 6 and above unless you hold a passport from a country such as UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, NZ.

If you lodge an EOI now and then later submit further information you then would lose your place in the queue and your new place would be on the day you submit further information and claim further points. However losing you place in the queue on 60 points would not be a problem as you would sit higher in the queue if you were claiming an extra 10 points and sitting on 70.