Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Apply for 417 online (minor criminal record)

Apply for 417 online (minor criminal record)

Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:22 am
Just Joined

mag8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apply for 417 online (minor criminal record)

Dear all

I'm about to apply for 417 online.

My only concern is that I have a minor criminal offence that happened >5 years ago. I was sentenced to pay a fine (not jail) and then I was free to go.

This is my only offence except for some speeding tickets.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't apply online and instead go through an immigration agent considering my background?

I plan to be 100% honest when applying that's why I'm asking

Many thanks in advance

Best regards
Old Aug 11th 2010, 2:40 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Apply for 417 online (minor criminal record)

To put your mind at ease, I doubt very much whether s501 would be activated.

If all you had was a fine and it was an isolated instance then you should be OK. What was the offence?

I had one case where there was an actual assault involved with community service and a fine imposed, yet we still had no problem. In that particular instance we explained the full circumstances of the offence and its aftermath.

If you are still concerned then by all means use an RMA for peace of mind.