Application of Australian Citizenship

Old May 10th 2011, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Application of Australian Citizenship

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
We got our approval letter about 5 days after I did the test. I don't think they did any police checks, or did they without telling us? we then received the letter with a date for the ceremony about 3 weeks after the approval letter.
Everyone has an Australian police check. The woman who dealt with me said she had a few more checks to do which normally come back in 5 days but sometimes take longer
Old May 10th 2011, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnye
Everyone has an Australian police check. The woman who dealt with me said she had a few more checks to do which normally come back in 5 days but sometimes take longer
Well it's lucky I hadn't made good on my threats to my kids yet then Now I've got the certificate, I might reconsider sparing them
Old May 10th 2011, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone - I have it on good authority that no further consent is needed from ex hubby so it would appear i am just being impatient! (not like me at all )
I will give it a week and if i dont hear i will ring them. Daughter has been told that she will be informed next time they are conducting 'regional' testing so we will prob all end up at same place same date etc. Thought i had got over the whole stressful stuff and this has just bought it all back. Hopefully not much longer but thanks for allowing me to vent
Old May 10th 2011, 12:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, everyone has an AFP check done on them and same as any other police check sometimes details might match with someone on file so it needs more work to eliminate the subject. I don't know for sure this is whats happening in this case, but its one reason for a hold-up on one person while the other gets quicker approval.
Daunted, they also check back through the visa stuff so may be there is just more on your file than on your daughters, so its taking longer to check it?

Last edited by Pollyana; May 10th 2011 at 12:43 pm.
Old May 15th 2011, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

well my daughter has a date for her test which is great news BUT i have still heard nothing! Maybe they don't want me
Old May 17th 2011, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

WELL... I finally managed to talk to a real person and not a robot at Immi - thankyou James for being so helpful. He called the WA dept who said I would hear as soon as a test date became available! Must be full when daughter takes her test next week .Anyway I am slightly calmer now as he said there hadn't been any problems with my application! pheeeeeeeewwweeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old May 17th 2011, 9:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
WELL... I finally managed to talk to a real person and not a robot at Immi - thankyou James for being so helpful. He called the WA dept who said I would hear as soon as a test date became available! Must be full when daughter takes her test next week .Anyway I am slightly calmer now as he said there hadn't been any problems with my application! pheeeeeeeewwweeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old May 17th 2011, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

nice - hope it comes through soon. More time to read the test book. You should get full marks.
Old May 17th 2011, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Polly the sense of relief was fab Takes me back to those stressful days waiting for the visa!

nice - hope it comes through soon. More time to read the test book. You should get full marks.
Thanks - me too Johnnye though we have decided daughter shouldn't wait for us if we don't hear by time she offered ceremony date. Main reason we want to get it sorted asap is so that she can take up her uni offer and claim HECS which she can't until a citizen - so i suppose as frustrating as it is it is better that it is her that has date and not the one waiting!
Old May 17th 2011, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Scoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really nice

I am still waiting on my approval been 3 weeks now... So frustrating having to wait!!! They said they are taking three months now to approve. Ahh!
Old May 17th 2011, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scoult
I am still waiting on my approval been 3 weeks now... So frustrating having to wait!!! They said they are taking three months now to approve. Ahh!

maybe we should pull up a chair and crack open a bottle of wine? Red or white?
Old May 17th 2011, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Scoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really nice
Smile Re: Application of Australian Citizenship

maybe we should pull up a chair and crack open a bottle of wine? Red or white?
White it is
Old May 17th 2011, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scoult
White it is
perfect! Here you go ..............now take a seat and enjoy the delicate flavours.......lose yourself in the gentle aroma..........now did someone mention citizenship?? nah ...........................
Old May 25th 2011, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

WELL guys - you can always rely on me for being the exception to the rule! R sat her citizenship test today which she passed 20/20

Seems as suspected MY application is the one that got caught up in the mumbo jumbo and despite last weeks phone call - there is a hitch regarding residency requirements (despite them being exactly the same as R's) It is being looked into and I should hear back within 48 hours.

But you know what? I'm exhausted! The past 4 1/2 years have been the most difficult of my life and now I just want to sleep, what will be will be, I just don't have any energy left right now.
Old May 25th 2011, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

That's not good keep smiling!! U will be fine! It's all very strange! I am still awaiting my approval letter they said via phone I was approved Monday! Keep us update mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.