British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Application of Australian Citizenship (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/application-australian-citizenship-675588/)

johnnye Mar 22nd 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Application of Australian Citizenship

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 9256721)
Hey Johnnye did you get your application sorted today??:thumbsup: Please keep me informed as if this info is correct (which i am told over and over again it is) then we can apply next week too :thumbsup::wub:

Yes I applied on the 22-mar-2011 online and the system accepted it. I tried to pre fill the forms in on 20-mar-2011 and the system said that I was ineligible to apply (which I was), so the info is definitely correct.

daunted Mar 23rd 2011 12:02 am

Originally Posted by johnnye (Post 9257601)
Yes I applied on the 22-mar-2011 online and the system accepted it. I tried to pre fill the forms in on 20-mar-2011 and the system said that I was ineligible to apply (which I was), so the info is definitely correct.

Good work! congratulats:thumbsup:

johnnye Mar 28th 2011 8:38 am

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 9257872)
Good work! congratulats:thumbsup:

I had my test appointment through today. It's on 18th April

daunted Mar 28th 2011 9:05 am

Originally Posted by johnnye (Post 9268940)
I had my test appointment through today. It's on 18th April

That's great news good luck! we can apply on FRIDAY!!! :eek: I'm still really nervous they gonna take my money and say get lost you gotta wait :rofl:

johnnye Mar 28th 2011 9:07 am

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 9268980)
That's great news good luck! we can apply on FRIDAY!!! :eek: I'm still really nervous they gonna take my money and say get lost you gotta wait :rofl:

That won't happen as if you are not eligible you will not get beyond the 1st page. The payment page is the last. Remember I have tested this out.

daunted Mar 28th 2011 9:11 am

Originally Posted by johnnye (Post 9268983)
That won't happen as if you are not eligible you will not get beyond the 1st page. The payment page is the last. Remember I have tested this out.

:thumbsup:

Scoult Mar 29th 2011 11:24 am

sent my application of today in the post fingers crossed!!:thumbup:

Scoult Mar 30th 2011 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Scoult (Post 9271547)
sent my application of today in the post fingers crossed!!:thumbup:

Just called them and they said my interview test is on 28 April!! Thats quick! If it was not eligable for citizenship would I not progress to the interview and test? Maybe a good sign?

daunted Mar 31st 2011 12:27 pm

Well that's it! We just lodged our application online!! Feels fab but also rather emotional experience - likes it the final step of the journey :wub::thumbsup:

daunted Apr 13th 2011 1:06 pm

.............still waiting to hear back :unsure::wub:

johnnye Apr 13th 2011 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 9302611)

You can track it online with the code that you received online after lodging it.

johnnye Apr 29th 2011 2:13 am

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 9302611)

Hi Daunted - Update. I did the Test on the 18th April and passed. I also provided all the required documentation.

I checked online this morning (29th Apr) and the status has changed from further processing to APPROVED.

How is your app getting on?

daunted Apr 29th 2011 2:32 am

Originally Posted by johnnye (Post 9332792)
Hi Daunted - Update. I did the Test on the 18th April and passed. I also provided all the required documentation.

I checked online this morning (29th Apr) and the status has changed from further processing to APPROVED.

How is your app getting on?

Hey congratulations! We are STILL waiting to hear ANYTHING!! online says processing has commenced and please wait letter from department BUT the money was taken out straight away LOL:rofl: Trying to wait patiently - its like waiting for the visa all over again hey :blink:

johnnye Apr 29th 2011 2:42 am

Originally Posted by daunted (Post 9332806)
Hey congratulations! We are STILL waiting to hear ANYTHING!! online says processing has commenced and please wait letter from department BUT the money was taken out straight away LOL:rofl: Trying to wait patiently - its like waiting for the visa all over again hey :blink:

Yes, I understand the waiting bit. Even the last 10 days since the test has been doing my head in. It will happen though, I am living proof.

Scoult Apr 29th 2011 3:22 am

Originally Posted by johnnye (Post 9332818)
Yes, I understand the waiting bit. Even the last 10 days since the test has been doing my head in. It will happen though, I am living proof.

I sat my test and interview yesterday - passed the test. Now awaiting the letter - they said they are just waiting on an Oz Police Check. Lodged my application and got the invite to attend test letter issued same day. Hope they do the same with the approval letter :):rofl: I wait and see....... Anyone got any experience of how long the approval letter takes?:thumbup: