Just Joined

tatu_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Application of Australian Citizenship

Originally Posted by johnnye
validation
whats validation?
Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tatu_boy
whats validation?
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia
Old Sep 10th 2010, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikail
Hi Roaring Mouse/JAJ

Before I decided to apply, I visited the residence calculator and it says that I am eligible to apply.

I will keep everyone informed in this thread when I get a positive outcome from the DIAC.

Regards
Mikail
How's that application going - have you heard anything yet?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry guys but i have just read this thread THREE times and I am extremely confused.

I landed in Australia on 31 March 2007 on an ETA and left on 14 April 2007.

I then landed back in Australia on a PR visa on 27 November 2007 where I have been ever since.

I am of the opinion that i cannot apply for citizenship until 27 November 2011. Is that right or can I apply earlier?? Tried the calculators but not really sure what dates i should put in

thanks x
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by daunted
Sorry guys but i have just read this thread THREE times and I am extremely confused.

I landed in Australia on 31 March 2007 on an ETA and left on 14 April 2007.

I then landed back in Australia on a PR visa on 27 November 2007 where I have been ever since.

I am of the opinion that i cannot apply for citizenship until 27 November 2011. Is that right or can I apply earlier?? Tried the calculators but not really sure what dates i should put in

thanks x
If you ring the help line with your passport number they will tell you the date on which you can apply which I believe will be on 31 March 2011.
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

If you ring the help line with your passport number they will tell you the date on which you can apply which I believe will be on 31 March 2011.
woah i really hope you are right! all our passports are about to expire and will save having to double up!! will call them tomorrow -
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

woah i really hope you are right! all our passports are about to expire and will save having to double up!! will call them tomorrow -
The dates you have are similar to mine. I will be applying on 22 mar 2011
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Im not sure this is gonna apply for me. Looking at immi site it mentions lawful residence as being here on a permanent or temporary visa - Im not sure an ETA will be included in that calculations!! Looks like we may still have to wait
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Im not sure this is gonna apply for me. Looking at immi site it mentions lawful residence as being here on a permanent or temporary visa - Im not sure an ETA will be included in that calculations!! Looks like we may still have to wait
ETAs ARE included. It has been debated on here before. Check out louie's threads
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ETAs ARE included. It has been debated on here before. Check out louie's threads

oooh well i hope so will make some enquiries tomorrow can you point me to louies thread?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

oooh well i hope so will make some enquiries tomorrow can you point me to louies thread?
They are definitely included

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=louie
Old Jan 30th 2011, 9:08 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at this thread I'm amazed that people don't realise just how authoritative Jeremy's citizenship opinions are. In my professional experience 99% of all DIAC case officers, registered migration agents and lawyers would know less about the Australian Citizenship Act that he does.

Mandy of course you can apply in March. I'm just sorry that you won't be approved before ANZAC Day, but in the meantime here's something to work on, perhaps you can perfect it by then: citizenship celebration.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Aly_James is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Looking at this thread I'm amazed that people don't realise just how authoritative Jeremy's citizenship opinions are. In my professional experience 99% of all DIAC case officers, registered migration agents and lawyers would know less about the Australian Citizenship Act that he does.

Mandy of course you can apply in March. I'm just sorry that you won't be approved before ANZAC Day, but in the meantime here's something to work on, perhaps you can perfect it by then: citizenship celebration.
Does it matter how long ago the ETA was? My first ETA was back in 2005, followed by one in 2006. Like Mandy I have not yet been in Australia for over 4 years but this does not seem to matter in the above example, or am I confusing myself? Any idea how to get hold of a human on the immigration line? I just seem to get recorded info!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aly_James
Does it matter how long ago the ETA was? My first ETA was back in 2005, followed by one in 2006. Like Mandy I have not yet been in Australia for over 4 years but this does not seem to matter in the above example, or am I confusing myself? Any idea how to get hold of a human on the immigration line? I just seem to get recorded info!
It doesn not matter how long ago it was.

Ring 131880
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:23 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn not matter how long ago it was.

Ring 131880
Johnny that's not true - the absence has to have been less than 12 months and the total period including current visa four years.

Not convinced that the 131880 line would have clarified this for you Aly but interested to hear what they say.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.