Application of Australian Citizenship

Old Jul 13th 2011, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Nimra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Application of Australian Citizenship

hello to every one,
Iam about to submit my citizenship application, Iam mebourne based, Iam confused where do I submit my paper base application, to Melbourne CBD or dandenong.what I read on this forum; someone has submited appliction to dandenong but Iam told by help desk officer only to send app to CBD, ummn dandenong is nearer though.

another question do they have specific times for tests? or do they carry them throughout the day,I hve a new born and I am taking him with me and really want to have half an hour apart tests times between me and hubby, so one can lookafter the bub and other give the test.
some may find these questions funny but Iam really concerned.
thanks every one
Old Jul 14th 2011, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nimra
Iam mebourne based, Iam confused where do I submit my paper base application, to Melbourne CBD or dandenong.

another question do they have specific times for tests?
You would submit to to your nearest office, both Melbourne and Dandenong accept paper-based citizenship applications (you can also apply online, and in the process choose which DIAC office you have your appointment at).

Dandenong could be a good choice for you if you're wanting to do the test staggered to look after the baby, they may be accommodating to that as the test room is rarely full from what I've seen!

The actual appointment time could be the same for both of you, and the test is taken afterwards in a different room. Be prepared for a delay, as the appointment time is really only an indication of when you should arrive, and not when you will see somebody!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

Received a lovely letter from The Hon Chris Bowen MP today telling me that my Citizenship application had been approved.

Just gotta wait for my Ceremony date now!

(and the lobotomy, of course) ;-)
Old Jul 18th 2011, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommy Dan
Received a lovely letter from The Hon Chris Bowen MP today telling me that my Citizenship application had been approved.

Just gotta wait for my Ceremony date now!

(and the lobotomy, of course) ;-)

that letter made me chuckle too -especially when i told ozzies at work and they asked WHO!!!!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

Now a citizen. I made the pledge last Thurs. Passport already applied for.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnye
Now a citizen. I made the pledge last Thurs. Passport already applied for.
Congratulations - apparently our ceremony is in September but had official invite yet!
Old Jul 21st 2011, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Invite arrived today September 6th - am allowed to take 2 or 3 guests - any takers??

Actually you know who i would love to come?? Mr Georgie Lombardo - Agent Supremo! So Georgie boy....how you fixed?

Last edited by daunted; Jul 21st 2011 at 6:01 am. Reason: invite
Old Jul 21st 2011, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by daunted
Invite arrived today September 6th - am allowed to take 2 or 3 guests - any takers??

Actually you know who i would love to come?? Mr Georgie Lombardo - Agent Supremo! So Georgie boy....how you fixed?
Congrats. I had about 10 people there with me. There was no stipulation on numbers
Old Sep 6th 2011, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australians 3 latest citizens just back from the ceremony!!! WE DID IT!!!
Old Sep 6th 2011, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daunted
Australians 3 latest citizens just back from the ceremony!!! WE DID IT!!!
congrats and welcome to the club
Old Sep 13th 2011, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

seems rather complicated to me, and i cant decide if we should apply now or wait, would like to do it now but here are our dates

November 2005 1st visit - tourist visa
October 2007 PR Granted
Feb 2008 Validation Visit
Sep 2008 Moved to Australia

from the talk on here i can use the november 2005 as the entry date for the 4 years, then the time out of the country in last 4 years is less than 1 year so even though i wasnt in australia 4 years ago i can apply for citizenship now?

is this right? the calculator only lets you put last 4 years in, and i went through the form on the site and got to the payment section before saving and deciding to check, dont want to lose 780 for the 3 of us if im wrong or do you get a refund if you dont qualify?

Thanks

Robert
Old Sep 13th 2011, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
seems rather complicated to me, and i cant decide if we should apply now or wait, would like to do it now but here are our dates

October 2007 PR Granted

from the talk on here i can use the november 2005 as the entry date for the 4 years, then the time out of the country in last 4 years is less than 1 year so even though i wasnt in australia 4 years ago i can apply for citizenship now?

is this right? the calculator only lets you put last 4 years in, and i went through the form on the site and got to the payment section before saving and deciding to check, dont want to lose 780 for the 3 of us if im wrong or do you get a refund if you dont qualify?

Thanks

Robert
You won't lose your money. If you are not eligible it won't let you past the first page, I'm speaking from personal experience

Looking at your dates, 4 years ago you didn't have a valid visa as your tourist visa of 05 would have expired.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

October 2007 PR Granted

Thanks

Robert
Here's a flow chart I think works for any point in time to decide whether you can apply or not.

Have I held a PR visa for >= 365 days? ----- No ----> Can't apply
|
|
Yes
|
|
V
have I been out of Australia for more ------- Yes ------> Can't apply
than 90 days in the last 365 days?
|
|
No
|
|
V
4 years ago, did I hold a valid Australian visa, ----- No ------> Can't apply
temporary or otherwise?
|
|
Yes
|
|
V
In the last 4 years have I been out of ---- Yes -----> Can't apply
the country for a cumulative
period > 365 days ?
|
|
No
|
|
V
You can now apply
Old Sep 13th 2011, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by johnnye
You won't lose your money. If you are not eligible it won't let you past the first page, I'm speaking from personal experience

Looking at your dates, 4 years ago you didn't have a valid visa as your tourist visa of 05 would have expired.
We were also in australia in april 2007
Old Sep 13th 2011, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

We were also in australia in april 2007
Did you have a valid Aus visa on 13/sep/07?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.