Application of Australian Citizenship

Old Jun 21st 2011, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of
Default Re: Application of Australian Citizenship

Originally Posted by utojo
Congrats to all who getting the approval letter.

My partner and I also got one two-three weeks ago. Now we are waiting for the ceremony date. Any idea how we can find out the date? Cos I need to plan for my near future travel overseas.

We live in Perth WA
Ceremonies are generally held at local council 'town halls'.

My local council publishes the dates of upcoming ceremonies on it's website.

Maybe check your local council website for those. At least you'll know how often the ceremonies are held.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

utojo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pommy Dan
Ceremonies are generally held at local council 'town halls'.

My local council publishes the dates of upcoming ceremonies on it's website.

Maybe check your local council website for those. At least you'll know how often the ceremonies are held.
My local council and neighbour's council also don't have a date mentioned on council calender for the ceremony.

I think I just need to wait...wait... and wait.

PS: in my case from application online submitted till approval letter only took 1 month more or less.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by daunted
Congrats and goodluck. We got our approval letter today - now just have to wait for the ceremony date x
Hey Daunted,

congrats on your approval.

I phoned the DIAC help line today and found out that they have assigned me a ceremony on Jul 14th, they did this 2 days ago. They said to call back at the end of next week if I had not received the letter. I know for a fact my council has a ceremony on that date - I checked a few weeks ago.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnye
Hey Daunted,

congrats on your approval.

I phoned the DIAC help line today and found out that they have assigned me a ceremony on Jul 14th, they did this 2 days ago. They said to call back at the end of next week if I had not received the letter. I know for a fact my council has a ceremony on that date - I checked a few weeks ago.
Congrats Johnye - our shires next ceremony date is in October so that will hopefully be our time - nothing happens quickly hey x
Old Jun 25th 2011, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

Had my test and interview in Melbourne yesterday. Passed the test with a 95% score, got one wrong - they don't tell you which one.
A relatively painless process, was in and out in 30 minutes.
Now I await their final decision.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Nimra is an unknown quantity at this point

Dan,
would you plz write what did they ask u in interview? n how long it took from application lodgment to test date?
thanks
nim
Old Jun 26th 2011, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Interview was bAsically going through a few details on my form. How long have I known the person who countersigned my photo and am I sure I've not been in trouble with the police.

She verified the original documents of those that I submitted with the application (passport, birth certificate, utility bill and driving license) and took fresh copies. She showed my my file on the screen and took a photo of me.

I got the impression that if I hadn't struck up conversation, she wouldn't have.

I sent my paper application on 2 June I think ,then test was on 24 June so a 3 week lead time there.

Between another 2 and 6 weeks to make a decision, then it is up to your local council ceremony schedule.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Nimra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pommy Dan
Interview was bAsically going through a few details on my form. How long have I known the person who countersigned my photo and am I sure I've not been in trouble with the police.

She verified the original documents of those that I submitted with the application (passport, birth certificate, utility bill and driving license) and took fresh copies. She showed my my file on the screen and took a photo of me.

I got the impression that if I hadn't struck up conversation, she wouldn't have.

I sent my paper application on 2 June I think ,then test was on 24 June so a 3 week lead time there.

Between another 2 and 6 weeks to make a decision, then it is up to your local council ceremony schedule.
Thanks Dan for your detailed reply, wish u good luck.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 8:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My local council and neighbour's council also don't have a date mentioned on council calender for the ceremony.

PS: in my case from application online submitted till approval letter only took 1 month more or less.
You can also ring your concil and ask if it's not published on their website.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

johnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnye is a glorious beacon of light

So, finally got the ceremony invitation letter through today.

Applied 22 March
Test 18 Apr
Approved 29 Apr
Ceremony 14 Jul
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnye
So, finally got the ceremony invitation letter through today.

Applied 22 March
Test 18 Apr
Approved 29 Apr
Ceremony 14 Jul
Great news mate - so I will be expecting my party invitation in the post!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daunted
Great news mate - so I will be expecting my party invitation in the post!
If you weren't the other side of the country you could come to the ceremony.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,

I have received the ceremony invitation letter last weekend. Yipeee...

Timeline:
Online application: 8 May 11
Interview and test at Perth DIAC: 23 May 11
Approval letter: 1 June 11
Ceremony: 10 Aug 11
Old Jul 5th 2011, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

zimbo70 will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Please could someone let me know when you go for the test do just have to take original papers or do have to get them copied and certified. Doing mine on the 14th in Cairns. Also are the questions same as the practice ones? Thanks
Old Jul 5th 2011, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zimbo70
Hi,

Please could someone let me know when you go for the test do just have to take original papers or do have to get them copied and certified. Doing mine on the 14th in Cairns. Also are the questions same as the practice ones? Thanks
Hi, you should bring all the original papers which listed in your checklist when applied online or when submitted by scanned before. In there, they will verify and copied if necessary.

Yes, the questions are similar but not the same. Do read the book and you will be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.